The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) gives out the prestigious Student Innovation Award every year. It has now opened the entries and invited students to apply for the same if they feel that they have done any kind of innovation in the field of life. The application can be made on the official website.
The Student Innovation Award is given out by the National Centre for Innovation in Distance Education (NCIDE), IGNOU. In its first edition, the award was instituted on the Foundation Day of the University and given to three best student innovators. Since then, it is given to three best student innovators across India.
However, an application can only be made by a student of IGNOU with valid registration. The entry for the award must be made in the prescribed format.
There are areas specified by IGNOU in which students may have made an innovation. Few of these areas include –
- Food, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Clean energy and Alternate Fuel
- Smart city and Urban Development
- Social issues and security system
- Education and Open University
There are several other themes specified by IGNOU which can be found in the guidelines for the application. Any other theme or area of innovation is also welcome and must be specified in the application. The last date for the entry, which was 30th September 2019, has now been moved up to 15th October 2019.
Students who think themselves as eligible for the award can submit their entry. They need to first download the Application form. In order to download the form, they can make a note of the following steps –
- Visit the official website of IGNOU, which ignou.ac.in
- Go to the News and announcement section on the home page.
- Click on the notification that read ‘Student Innovation Award 2019 – Last Date Extended up to October 15, 2019.’
- Click on the link which states “Application Form for ‘Student Innovation Award-2019’”
- The application will be downloaded in a PDF format.
Candidates will also find the guidelines for submission and the notification for the award through the same steps.
The final submission, however, can be emailed or sent to their given address. The submission must include the following –
- The application form
- The relevant supporting documents
- 5-10 minute video clip of the innovation
In order to email, the email id is firstname.lastname@example.org To send a hard copy, the address is a follows
Zakir Hussain Bhawan, New Academic Complex
IGNOU, Median Garhi
New Delhi – 110068
The regional and study centres of IGNOU can also bring this notification in light to students who they think are innovators and encourage them to submit their application in the prescribed format.
Three candidates will be selected as winners after a detailed reviewing of the innovations submitted by the students. They will be awarded trophies, certificates and cash prizes worth Rs 10,000, Rs 7,000 and Rs 5,000.