In a Group Discussion (GD), you are expected to contribute meaningfully and help arrive at a consensus. Remember Quality of Points matters not the Quantity you speak.
The skills that are usually assessed in a Group Discussion are:
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Motivational Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Clarity of thoughts & ideas
- Listening skills
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical / Logical skills
Make a note of the following points and you’ll get through with flying colours:
1) You Must Speak! and be a good Listner.
2) Be yourself and do not be arrogant. Body language is important, so be careful while using gestures and don’t get aggressive.
3) Be a member of the group and project your self as a leader at the time of fish market, Resolving conflict, giving opportunity to others to speak.
4) Maintain eye contact with team members and not evaluators.Ensure that you must speak your point, if other members hear you, the evaluators will too.
5)Initiating the discussion is a major plus point, so try and be among the first 3 speaker in a G.D.
6) If G.D topic is not clear to you, clarify the same before the G.D starts. If you dont have any thing to speak about the topic, then sit listen what others are saying.
7) If you need to interrupt someone who is speaking, it is always important to interject their conversation in a nice way.