27th November 2017, Gurgaon: Great Lakes Institute of Management, a premier B-school in the country with campuses in Chennai and Gurgaon, is having Cycle 1 Application deadline for its flagship full time One Year Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) on 30th November. The admissions cycle is for the academic session 2018–2019 which will commence in April/May 2018.
The Great Lakes PGPM, is a fast track one year MBA program for professionals with 2+ years of work experience. It leverages a global faculty pool, peer learning among the diverse pool of experienced students, extensive industry networking and experiential learning. The PGPM (Chennai campus) is among the few programs in the country to have the prestigious global accreditation from AMBA, UK as well as SAQS. The PGPM program has been consistently ranked in the top 10 one year MBA programs in the country. The program was ranked 3rd by Outlook (2017), 7thby Business Today (2016) & 4th by Businessworld (2017). Great Lakes is also ranked 4th among private B-schools by C360 (2017) & 10th overall by Business India (2016).
There are two cycles of admission and the deadline for applying to cycle 1 is 30th Nov, 2017. Applicants need to have at least 2 years of experience by 31st March, 2018 for applying and should have valid GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores. Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply online on the institute’s website www.greatlakes.edu.in
What Great Lakes looks for?
Great Lakes PGPM is one of the few full time programs which requires mandatory prior work experience. Given the emphasis on peer learning & diversity, Great Lakes looks at multiple parameters while assessing candidates including their work experience, GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores, past academic performance, essays, and performance in the interview. The current PGPM batch has 28% female candidates in the batch and a combined work experience of over 1300 years!
Basic Eligibility criteria for PGPM 2018-19:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum work experience of 24 months by March 31, 2018
- Exam Scores Accepted: CAT 2016/2017, XAT 2017/2018, GMAT (taken after Jan 1, 2015), CMAT 2017
Introduction of Essays in the Application Process
Great Lakes has introduced an Essay section in the application form this year. The Essays are meant to provide the applicants with an opportunity to help the admissions committee understand them better and to assess their fitment in the Great Lakes community. The essays not only provides the admissions team with insights that aren’t revealed in the test scores, transcripts or letters of recommendation but also gives them a chance to show their uniqueness and individuality. The essays should, therefore, express the applicant’s personality and clearly communicate their reasons for wanting to join Great Lakes. More about how to approach the essay, here.
How to apply?
Candidates can visit the website www.greatlakes.edu.in and fill in the online application form after making a payment of INR 2,000.
PI Schedule for Cycle 1
|PI DATE||10th Dec||10th Dec||10th Dec||17th Dec||17th Dec||17th Dec|
Placement Highlights (Chennai Campus*)
- PGPM 2017 Avg. CTC of 12.33 lakhs p.a. for Chennai campus and 10.51 lakhs p.a. for Gurgaon campus
- PGPM 2017 Highest Domestic CTC of INR 34.5 Lakhs per annum offered by an e-commerce multinational and Highest International CTC of INR 67 Lakhs per annum offered by an FMCG company*
- Offers by marquee recruiters like Accenture, Adobe, Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, Cognizant, Daimler, Dell, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, HCL, Infosys, ITC Infotech, L&T, McKinsey, Mu Sigma, Shell, Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, ZS Associates to name a few*
All admissions related queries can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org