With CAT out of the way, the good old days of paper-pen testing is back. Yes, I’m talking about IIFT 2013 which will be held on 24th Nov 2013. A well prepared student for CAT can find that the only road block in his/her way would be the GK section. This section can make or break the GD/PI call for the IIFT.
Here is a checklist for GK that every serious aspirant must have in his/her quiver. With 2 weeks to go for the D-day, a sincere preparation for half an hour per day would suffice.
1) Nobel Prize winners 2013/2012
2) Top European, Asian, African and American countries with their Capital, Currency, President and Parliament.
3) Important days in a year like Mother’s day, Earth day, etc
4) Indian Badminton League results. (Top players, owners and teams they represent).
5) Recent Booker, Man Booker and Pulitzer prize winners, also the winners from India and the year in which they won.
6) Top companies in the world like BMW, Apple,etc along with their founder, current CEO, country of origin, headquarters and recent mergers and acquisitions. Link for mergers and acquisitions.
7) Recent recipients of awards like Sahitya Akademi Award and Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
8) Oscars 2013
9) London Olympics 2012. Along with major cities in which Olympics was held/will be held with the year.
10) Major rivers in India and the states through which it flows.
11) Important harbors, ports and airports in India.
12) Bharat Ratna Award recipients.
13) Indian states and union territories along with their capitals.
14) Current top officials in various departments in the Indian Government. Link for top officials.
15) ISRO – Link for Official ISRO FAQs.
16) IPL Team captains and owners.
17) Recent recipients of Ramon Magsaysay Award.
18) Old-Names/New-Names of countries, states and cities.
19) Hockey/Cricket/Football World Cup (Winner, Runner-up, Host Nation and Year)
20)Major Stock Exchanges in the world along with their indices.
The best part is all these information is available in the internet and is just a click away. A good supplement would be the GK material provided by the test prep institutes.
P.S. This list is not exhaustive as GK comprises of anything and everything.