Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know, General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Services Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few General Studies questions from previous years’ actual exams. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers.
1. The average rate of domestic savings (gross) for the Indian economy is currently estimated to be in the range of
(a) 15 to 20 percent
(b) 20 to 25 percent
(c) 25 to 30 percent
(d) 30 to 35 percent
2. The Minimum Alternative Tax (MAT) was introduced in the Budget of the Government of India for the year
3. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of decreasing order of the given currencies in terms of their values in Indian Rupees?
(a) US dollar, Canadian dollar, New Zealand dollar, Hong Kong dollar
(b) US dollar, New Zealand dollar, Canadian dollar, Hong Kong dollar
(c) US dollar, Hong Kong dollar, Canadian dollar, New Zealand dollar
4. Human Poverty Index was introduced in the Human Development Report of the year
5. The farmers are provided credit from a number of sources for their short and long term needs. The main sources of credit to the farmers include
(a) The Primary Agricultural cooperative Societies, commercial banks, RRBs and private money lenders
(b) The NABARD, RBI, commercial banks and private money lenders
(c) The District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCB), the lead banks, IRDP and JRY
(d) The Large Scale Multi-purpose Adivasis programme, DCCB, IFFCO and commercial banks
6. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
A. Development Programme 1. UN India Human Development Report
B. National Council 2. India Development Report
C. Indira Gandhi Institute of 3. World Development Report
D. World Bank 4. Human Development Report
(a) A=4, B=1, C=2, D=3
(b) A=4, B=2, C=1, D=3
(c) A=2, B=3, C=4, D=1
(d) A=2, B=1, C=4, D=3
7. Which one of the following pairs of folk dance forms and states and correctly matched?
(a) Korku : Maharashtra
(b) Jhummar : Haryana
(c) Thali : Himachal Pradesh
(d) Mukan : Manipur
8. Which one of the following pairs of states and tribes is not correctly matched?
(a) Assam : Miri
(b) Nagaland : Konyak
(c) Arunachal : Apatani
(d) Madhya Pradesh : Lambada
9. Which one the following port cities in Venezuela has been developed as an oil port?
10. Which one of the following types of coal contains a higher percentage of carbon than the rest?
(a) Bituminous coal
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links:
SSC – CGL: