Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the actual General Studies paper of the UPSC Civil Services Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. In the context of alternative sources of energy, ethanol as a viable bio-fuel can be obtained from
2. In the context of the Indian Economy, consider the following pairs:
Term Most appropriate description
1. Melt-down Fall in the stock prices
2. Recession Fall in the growth rate
3. Slow-down Fall in GDP
Which of the pairs above are correctly matched?
(a) 1 Only (b) 2 an 3 only (c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
3. For which one of the following was a commission set up under the chairmanship of Veerappa Moily by the Government of India?
(a) Police Reforms
(b) Tax Reforms
(c) Reforms in Technical Education
(d) Administrative Reforms
4. Match list I to list II and select correct answers using the codes given below the lists:
List I List II
Volcanic Mountain Country
(a) Mt. Rainier 1. Italy
(b) Etna 2. Mexico
(c) Paricutin 3. Philippines
(d) Taal 4. USA
A B C D
(a) 4 2 1 3
(b) 4 1 2 3
(c) 2 1 4 3
(d) 4 3 2 1
5. Where were the Ghadar revolutionaries, who became active during the outbreak of World War I, based?
(a) Central America
(b) North America
(c) West America
(d) South America
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: