Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer with the codes given below:
List I List II
(Famous Temple) (State)
A. Vidyashankara Temple 1. Andhra Pradesh
B. Rajarani Temple 2. Karnataka
C. Kandariya Mahadeo Temple 3. Madhya Pradesh
D. Bhimesvara Temple 4. Orissa
A B C D
(a) 2 4 3 1
(b) 2 3 4 1
(c) 1 4 3 2
(d) 1 3 4 2
2. For a short term climate prediction which on of the following events detected in the last decade , is associated with occasional weak monsoon rains in the Indian subcontinent?
(a) La Nino
(b) Movement of jet streams
(c) El Nino and southern oscillation
(d) Greenhouse effect on global warming
3. Which one of the following country has more or less evolved into a two-party system?
(a) Sri Lanka
4. ‘Eco – mark’ is given to Indian Products that are
(a) Pure and unadulterated
(b) Rich in protein
(c) Environment friendly
(d) Economically viable
5. The working principle of a washing machine is:
(c) Reverse Osmosis
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: