Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. There are only two known examples of cave paintings of the Gupta period in ancient India. One of this is the painting in the Ajanta Caves. Where is the other serving example of Gupta period painting?
(a) Bagh Caves
(b) Ellora Caves
(c) Romas Rishi Caves
(d) Nasik Caves
2. Where are Tapovan and Vishnugarh Hydroelectric Projects located?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(b) Uttar Pradesh
3. In India, the first Municipal Corporation was set up in which of the following cities?
4. Which of the following is/are treated as artificial currency?
(d) Both ADR and SDR
5. The complete conversion of glucose in the presence of oxygen into carbon dioxide and water with release of energy is called
(a) Aerobic aspiration
(b) Anaerobic aspiration
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: