Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. After the Chauri Chaura incident in which 22 police men were killed, Gandhi started
(a) Gandhi started the Dandi March
(b) Gandhi called off the no tax campaign
(c) Gandhi withdrew his movement of non-co-operation
(d) Gandhi went to talk to viceroy Irwin
2. With reference to the mineral resources of India, consider the following pairs:
Mineral 90% Natural resources in
1. Copper Jharkhand
2. Nickel Orissa
3. Tungsten Kerala
Which of the pairs given above is/ are correctly matched?
(a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
3. Who among the following have held the office of the vice-president of India?
(a) Mohammad Hidayatullah
(b) Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
(c) Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
(d) Shankar Dayal Sharma
Select the correct answers using the code given below:
CODES: (a) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(b) 1 and 4 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 3 and 4 only
4. The growth rate per capita income at current prices is higher than that of per capita income at constant prices, because the latter takes into account the rate of
(a) growth of population
(b) increase in price level
(c) growth in money supply
(d) increase in wage rate
5. In the context of CO2 emission and Global warming, what is the name of a market driven device under the UNFCC that allows developing countries to get funds/incentives from the developed countries to adopt better technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
(a) Carbon Footprint
(b) Carbon Credit Rating
(c) Clean Development Mechanism
(d) Emission Reduction Norm
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: