While the submission of applications for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 were closed on October 10, 2016, candidates can now make minor corrections to their applications with supporting document proof. Applicants can send an email from their GATE 2017 registered email address to [email protected] from October 17 to 27, 2016. The email subject should be ‘Correction in data (with the enrollment number here)’.
As per the notification released on the official GATE 2017 portal, only the following modifications are permitted:
- Name of candidate (only minor spelling)
- Date of Birth (minor change in date/ month/ year)
- Name of Parent/Guardian (only minor spelling)
- Status from General (Gen) to Other Backward Classes (OBC), and OBC to Gen
- Have you graduated in the above-mentioned degree? (changes in Yes/No)
- Year of Qualifying Degree (minor change in year)
Candidates must attach a document proof for every modification in the email, without which, the GATE 2017 office will not accept the changes. A junior official from the GATE 2017 office, said, “Candidates can themselves make the changes in the applications after October 20, 2016.” The official continued, “This window will be available only for a short period of time, so candidates must regularly visit the website for the notification.”
Once the self-change option is available, candidates can visit the application portal, and make the necessary modifications.