The Food Security of India (FCI) is a public sector enterprise established with the aim of guaranteeing national food security, distribution of food grains throughout and the country alongside safeguarding the interests of the farmers.
The FCI has sent out an official notification inviting interested candidates to apply for the category 2 posts which include Manager/ Management trainee (General, Depot, Technical, Accounts, Movement, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering) as well as Manager (Hindi).
The recruitment notification calls for filling up as many as 330 vacancies in Manager posts. The notification in the recruitment section of FCI’s official website fci.gov.in reads “Category II Recruitment (coming soon).”
The application process is entirely based online and will be open from 28th of September, 2019 from 10.00 am. All applications must be entered until before the 27th of October, 2019, by 4.00 pm latest. The portal shall close thereafter.
The recruitment shall happen zone wise as mentioned in the official notification for the North, South, West, East as well as North-East zones.
All candidates who apply and are selected will have to go through a training process of six months during which they shall be ‘Management Trainees’. After the training process only will they be placed for the post of ‘Manager’.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for FCI Recruitment 2019
To apply for the management posts, candidates may undertake the following steps-
- Step 1 – Log on to the official website of FCI which is fci.gov.in
- Step 2 – Select the option which reads ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- Step 3 – You will get a new registration number and password, which you must remember for further use.
- Step 4 – Enter this registration number and password to open the registration page and enter all details that are asked for. Click on the ‘Save and Next’ option.
- Step 5 – You will now be required to upload your digital signature and photograph.
- Step 6 – Click on ‘Submit’ and do not forget to print a hard copy of your submitted application as it shall be useful in future for further procedures.
The candidates must go through the eligibility requirements mentioned in the published notification before applying. Only if you meet the eligibility criteria will your application be accepted.
The recruitment process shall consist of 2 phases of exams- phase 1 and phase 2, which shall be followed by an interview and only if one qualifies the meeting can one be selected as a management trainee.
As per the notification, the North Zone has 24 posts to be filled in while the South Zone has 65 posts, the East Zone 37, West Zone 15 and the North East Zone has about 26 vacancies.
As management trainees, the selected candidates can expect a stipend of Rs. 40,000 per month for six months. After the training, they shall become managers and can expect a pay between Rs 40,000 and Rs. 1,40,000.