Dear PaGaLGuY readers,
As we all know, Verbal Aptitude is an
important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC
Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL
Examination, MBA Entrance Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination, etc.
In order to help you practise and improve your verbal ability, we provide you
this English Quiz.
Given below are a few questions from
SSC examinations held in the last few years. Leave your answers/ responses in
the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
Directions (1 – 5): In the following
questions, some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which
part of a sentence has an error. The number of the part is your answer. If
there is no error, your answer is (4) i. e. No error.
1. Once an old hermit (1)/ saw a cat (2) /
pounce upon a rat. (3)/ No error (4)
2. A computer virus works exactly (1)/ like the biological variety (2)/ which invade the human body. (3)/ No error (4)
3. When I first started my school (1)/ my boys had (2)/ no evident love for music. (3)/ No error (4).
4. My uncle (1)/ has left (2)/ for
Bombay last Saturday. (3)/ No error (4).
5. Don’t think (1)/ you can deceive me (2)/
like you did my brother. (3)/ No
get fresh updates about different exams on your Facebook & Twitter
timelines, subscribe to our pages created specifically for them. We will post
only exam specific links on these pages:
SSC – CGL: