ISRO’s PSLV-C37 Successfully Launches 104 Satellites in a Single Flight
- In its thirty ninth flight (PSLV-C37), ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle successfully launched the 714 kg Cartosat-2 Series Satellite along with 103 co-passenger satellites today morning, February 15, 2017 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota.
- This is the thirty eighth consecutively successful mission of PSLV. The total weight of all the 104 satellites carried on-board PSLV-C37 was 1378 kg.
- After separation, the two solar arrays of Cartosat-2 series satellite were deployed automatically and ISRO’s Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) at Bangalore took over the control of the satellite.
- In the coming days, the satellite will be brought to its final operational configuration following which it will begin to provide remote sensing services using its panchromatic (black and white) and multispectral (colour) cameras.
|How will it benefit?|
|The imagery from the Cartosat-2 series satellite will be useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use and regulation, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, creation of land use maps, change detection to bring out geographical and man made features and various other Land Information System (LIS) and Geographical Information System (GIS) applications.|
|The data sets could be used for urban planning of 500 cities under the Amrut Planning Scheme.|
- The remaining 101 co-passenger satellites carried were international customer satellites from USA (96), The Netherlands (1), Switzerland (1), Israel (1), Kazakhstan (1) and UAE (1).
No need to stand when Anthem played in films: Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court clarified that the audience need not stand when the National Anthem is played as a part of the storyline of a film, newsreel or documentary.
- A bench of Justices Dipak Misra and R Banumathi made this clear after one of the petitioners said that the apex court should clarify whether people are expected to stand when the National Anthem is played in a film, newsreel or documentary.