India – US Joint Military Exercise Yudh Abhyas 2016 begins in Uttarakhand
- Indian Army and US Army are conducting a joint military exercise in Chaubattia, Uttarakhand.
- The two weeks long joint training exercise will include training of tactical and technical skills in countering insurgency and terrorism in a UN Peace Keeping scenario involving a combined deployment at a Brigade level.
- The first Yudh Abhyas exercise was held in 2005 and has since been held almost every year. This year was the Eleventh edition of the exercise.
India is Bird Flu (H5N1) free
- India has declared that avian influenza (H5N1) has been completely eradicated from its borders
- The outbreak was notified in May 2016 in Bidar district of Karnataka
- Bird Flu affects domestic poultry. The disease spreads through infected birds through contact with nasal and respiratory secretion and contamination of feed and water.
- This avian influenza virus are of two groups: high pathogenicity and low pathogenicity. The former causes high death rate i.e. 100% in 48 hours.
Hiroshi Nakagawa is the New Chairman for Isuzu Motors India
- Isuzu Motors Limited, a Japanese commercial vehicles and diesel engine manufacturer established in 1916. Isuzu entered Indian market in 2013.
- Headquartered in Tokyo, its diesel engines are used by automobile majors like Ford, Renault – Nissan Alliance
- Nakagawa has been associated with Isuzu business division for over 20 years.
Asia Track Cup 2016: Indian Cyclists win 6 medals
- The Track Asia Cup cycling competition is being held in Indira Gandhi Sports Complex Velodrome. The Track Cup is being held in Delhi for the third consecutive year
- The 6 medal winners for India include: Deborah Herold and Kezia Vargheese – Gold, Alena Reji – Silver, Rajkumari Devi – Bronze, Nayana Rajesh and Anu Chutia – Gold
- There are four categories of competition- Elite and Junior for Men and Women. The event is recognized by International Cycling Federation and is part of the World Championship qualifier.
BHVS Narayana Murthy to head Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad
- Research Centre Imarat (RCI), a premier research laboratory under Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- BHVS Narayana Murthy has a three decade experience in design development and delivery of onboard computers, missile launch processors. He is a NIT, Warangal alumnus. He played an important role in the ICBM Agni 5.
- RCI is responsible for Research and Development of Missile Systems, Guided Weapons and advanced Avionics for Indian Armed Forces.
- It was established by APJ Abdul Kalam in 1988