Here are today’s important headlines with key details for UPSC, SSC, IBPS and other competitive examinations.
Sandra Lee Bartky, American Feminist Philosopher no more
- Lee Bartky was an influential feminist philosopher who taught philosophy, gender and women’s studies at University of Illinois, Chicago
Books by Sandra Lee Bartky
- Towards a Phenomeonology of Feminist Consciousness (1975)
- Feminism and Foucault: Reflections on Resistance (1988)
- Feminity and Domination (1990)
- Sympathy and Solidarity and Other Essays (2002)
- She argued that women subconsicously submitted to men by accepting an unnatural cultural standard for the ideal female body.
Election rules amended to enable defence personnel cast vote through e-postal ballot
- Rule 23 of Conduct of Election Rules, 1961 amended. It will help defence personnel cast votes.
- Due to the nature of their job, defence personnel are transferred frequently. This made it difficult for authorities to enroll them in electoral rolls. This amendment will also help families of these personnel.
- Blank ballots can be downloaded, filled and sent by post to the Returning Officer.
- This will apply to armed police personnel who are subject to Army Act.
Indian Army wins Gold in Exercise Cambrian Patrol
- Exercise Cambrian Patrol conducted by the British Army in Wales.
- 8th Gorkha regiment of Indian Army participated in the exercise. A total of 160 countries participated in the exercise.
- The exercise is a non-stop 36 hour endurance patrol exercise.
Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 United States Grand Prix
- This is Hamilton’s 50 career win
- Hamilton is trailing behind only Alain Prost (51) and Michael Schumacher (91) having won more than that number in the history of the sport.
- US Grand Prix is part of the Formula One World Championships.