The nationwide celebration of Children’s Day on the birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru is going to be on 14th November. The first Prime minister of independent India, Jawaharlal Nehru fondly called Chacha Nehru was born on November 14, 1889, at Allahabad. For his affection for children, November 14 is celebrated as Children’s Day every year. This time it will be marked as Jawaharlal Nehru’s 130th birth anniversary.
PM Nehru was a scholar, visionary, a politician with a high level of intellect. His methods and ideologies developed India for a better tomorrow. So not just his beliefs, but his quotes are also very famous among students and youth even today.
Memorable Quotes of PM Jawaharlal Nehru:
- Kids of today will make the India of tomorrow. The approach by which we bring them up will determine the future of the country.
- Kids do not think of differences amongst themselves.
- What really are matters more than what other people are what we think of about ourselves.
- Our main defect is that we are more given to talking about things than to doing them.
- To be in sound moral condition needs at least as much training as to be in good physical form.
- There is perhaps nothing so bad and so serious in life as fear.
- Life is like a game of cards. The round you are dealt with is determinism, the way you play it is free will.
- A great disaster is a representative for us to remember all the big things of life and forget the small things, of which we have created too much.
- Faithful and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit.
Jawaharlal Nehru was not only a lawyer by profession but was also a productive writer in English. He recorded several books like ‘The Discovery of India’, ‘Glimpses of World History’ and autobiography ‘Toward Freedom’ that even today are related to the young minds of the nation.