CAT exam is a big day for the candidates who are appearing for the CAT exam. The candidates are asked to know all the information before- hand and that will help them to keep calm and maintain confidence in the exam and keep away confusion and panic. The candidates may be so stressful before the exam but it is advisable to stay calm during the crucial period. In order to avoid chaos at the time of exam, one must first know all the details regarding the exam. The candidates must follow the instruction before entering the exam hall.
Here are some points:
- The candidate must carry the admit card as it is a mandatory document. The candidate must be sure about the signature and photo in the admit card is correct or legible. A passport size photo has to be pasted on the provided space in the admit card.
- Candidates must carry at least two print- outs of the admit card in an A4 sheet. If the candidate has not pasted the photo in the admit card then they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The dress code will be like the candidates have to wear a dress with no pocket. Socks, plain pullovers, sweaters, with no pocket are allowed inside the exam hall.
- The candidate must have at least one photo identity card- passport/ voter id/ Aadhaar card/ PAN card/ Driving license/ Employer ID card/ College ID card.
- The candidate must reach the exam centre on time. The candidate should report one and a half hour in advance. The last entry would stop by 15 minutes before the exam time. For the forenoon session, the time slot is 9 am to 12 pm. Reporting time is 7.30am. Last entry time is 8.45 am. The afternoon session, the time slot is 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm. Reporting time is 1 pm. Last entry time is 2.15 pm.
- The exam centre can be located with the help of Google map link on the admit card. This will help the candidates to reach the exam venue on time.
- Handover the belongings to parents or friends. The personal belongings include bag, mobile phones, watches, bottles, books, notes, belt, hairclips, food items, chewing gums, tie, cap, keychain, eyeglass case, rings, pendants, bangles, cameras, jewellery etc. The candidates are not allowed to carry anything inside the exam hall except the admit card and photo ID.
- The candidates have to leave their footwear outside the exam hall. Strictly it is prohibited inside the exam hall.
- The candidates carrying any documents other than admit card and ID they will not be permitted to appear for the exam as it is a violation of CAT rules.
- The candidates are not allowed to carry even a pencil/pen. It will be provided in the exam hall itself. The candidate should not carry a calculator. All the items should be given to the parents or friends waiting outside.
- The candidates have to check their test lab and seat number assigned to them after reaching the exam centre. The candidate’s reference number and ID will be given in the admit card.
- The candidates should not sign the admit card before itself. They must sign in front of the invigilator.
- Do not try to attempt any new topic in the last minute. It will create confusion and make you nervous. It is alright to leave a few topics. Revise the QA formulas.
- It is important to deliver the best you can in the exam so the candidate should not be tensed before going to the exam hall.
- Revise all the topics, concepts, formulas once again. Don’t exhaust before the exam.
- With the exam day nearing the candidate should take utmost care of their health. The candidates should not be so weak before the exam. Eat healthy and regularly.
- The candidate must be relaxed and stay confident and positive. Go inside the exam hall with a cool mind. Relaxation is the main mantra before the CAT exam. The candidate should not lose hope as confidence is the key to success.