AIMS Test for Management Admissions, ATMA, is one of the most coveted national level entrance exam conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS). ATMA is a national level entrance exam which aims to select the candidates for various management schools across the country.
Every year, thousands of students appear for ATMA in order to secure admissions into some of the best business and management schools. Presently, there are more than 200 institutions accepting the scores of ATMA. This year also, numerous students have registered for ATMA 2020 which is slated to be conducted in February 2020.
As the exam date is fast approaching, students are gearing up for the exam and are in full exam preparation mode. One of the key aspects of scoring the desired marks in ATMA 2020 exam is to understand the exam pattern.
Needless to say, the exam pattern is an essential part of any examination, and the same applies to ATMA 2020. Having proper understanding the number of questions, time available, type of questions, subjects to study, marking scheme all play an important role in determining the final score of the students.
ATMA Exam 2020 : Important Information
Here are some useful inputs regarding the exam pattern of ATMA 2020 to help the students prepare for the examination accordingly: –
- ATMA 2020 is an multiple-choice questions type of exam wherein students must select the correct option for every question to score the marks.
- ATMA 2020 will consist of 180 objective type questions which the students must attempt. Every question carries 1 mark. The entire question paper for ATMA 2020 will be divided into six sections.
- The three major sections will be Verbal Skills, Analytical Reasoning Skills, Quantitative Skills. These three sections will be further bifurcated into two sections each, i.e. Verbal Skills 1, Analytical Reasoning Skills 1, Quantitative Skills 1, Verbal Skills 2, Analytical Reasoning Skills 2, Quantitative Skills 2.
- Each sub-section of the ATMA 2020 will be of 30 marks each, i.e. 30 questions of 1 mark each.
- The total duration of the ATMA 2020 exam will be 3 hours.
- The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- While there is no negative marking for unanswered questions in ATMA 2020 but any wrongly answered questions will attract a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Also, answering one question with two separate answers will be deemed as incorrectly answered question and attract a negative penalty of 0.25 marks. This penalty is applicable even if one of the two selected options is correct.
There are various mock-exams available for students to attempt on the official website of ATMA 2020. The more practice the students undergo, better will be their chances to score higher marks.