In a recent advertisement of the second innings of ‘Satyamev Jayate’, Aamir Khan is shown saying ‘Aajkal apna desh ekdum correct mode me hai’.
I came across an online poll (Facebook) for voting for Bollywood celebrities . There I saw this comment by someone (in bold) and the replies to it. Last one is mine, and going by the direction of wind, I think I did wrong to defend my own country!
- Sovereign Dip typical Indians!!They dont have time to vote for the country but have enough time to vote for this nonsense…. Like · Reply · (23 LIKES) · 8 hours ago
- Reality of Khangress डेमोक्रेसी है ही चुतिआपा यार.. वोट करके भी क्या उखाड़ लेगा.. Like · 1 · 8 hours ago
- Mandar Ruke Voting effect dekh rahe hai sab,ye nashe jaisa hai kuch der rehta hai fir thodi der ke baad utar jata hai :> :> Like · 7 hours ago
- Harish Nair Attaboy! Like · 7 hours ago
- Vikrant Rathore Rightly brought out… Like · 7 hours ago
- Ǻbhishek Tyagi typical haters. Don’t hv tym to mind their own business but hv tym to do nasty comments on public forums! Get a life,it’s an entertainment thing. We vote when and where needed ! Like · 1 · 6 hours ago ·
I am not claiming to be the most concerned citizen. I consider myself the least concerned about the country, but when someone becomes too pessimistic about it and people (surprisingly all Indian names are there in replies) support them by joining the flow, it surely puts up a big question mark over the thoughts of people like Aamir who believe we are in correct mode. A few may be in correct mode, some are not aware and rest are just judgmental.
What’s wrong in voting for an online polling for Bollywood stars? It’s an entertainment too. People know their responsibilities. We had a large chunk of votes as ‘Youth votes’ this year. It takes time to change, and doesn’t mean we all go out and block roads and wear caps leaving our work and abandoning Facebook.
There is a big difference in being passionate for country, being concerned for it, being aware of it and being ignorant towards it. We need to be patient in order to be in correct mode, and a little amount of optimism may do wonders.
No offence to any of the people mentioned in comments.
”Sirf humgama khada karna mera maqsad nahi, meri koshish hai ki soorat badalni chaiye’!