FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination), 2016 is a screening test that is necessary for any Indian citizen, who has a primary medical qualification (MBBS) from any medical institution outside India. Passing this test ensures that the candidates get a provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India (MCI) or any State Medical Council to practice across the country.
National Board of Examination (NBE) is the body which is responsible for conducting the test in India. The screening test is conducted twice every year in June and December by NBE. This year, the screening test will be conducted on December 14, 2016 at 41 cities across the country.
· Candidates should be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India
· Candidates must have a primary medical qualification (MBBS), from any foreign country confirmed by Indian Embassy, completed before November 30, 2016.
· The screening test will be a computer-based examination with 300 multiple choice questions in English language.
· There will be two parts with 150 questions each in the screening test.
· There will be no negative marks for wrong answers.
· The candidates need to at least score 150 marks out of total 300, to pass the examination.
· The candidates need to pay Rs. 5,500/- as examination fee paid through credit or debit card or through Net Banking before October 31, 2016.
How to Register for FMGE 2016
· Candidates need to visit the official website of FMGE .
· Candidates need to fill their personal information along with selecting their test centres.
· Once the test centres are locked, candidates will not get a chance to change their choices.
· At the end of the registration, candidates will be provided with an acknowledgment from the website.
· From November 1 onwards, the candidates can take a demo exam available on the FMGE website.
· September 26: Commencement of online registration for FMGE
· October 31: Last date for registration and scheduling of examination
· December 14: FMGE Examination
· January 15: Declaration of results