All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi has opened online applications for Entrance Examinations leading to admission in Postgraduate [MD/MS/ M.Ch.(6 years)/DM (6 years)/MDS] Courses of AIIMS, New Delhi and six other AIIMS (Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur & Rishikesh) for January 2019 session.
|For AIIMS PG Courses new registration/login, use think link||AIIMS PG Courses Login Page|
This Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR) facility is being initiated for the Postgraduate Medical & Dental Entrance Examinations for the January 2019 session onwards and will be extended shortly to the MBBS Entrance Examination and other examinations subsequently.
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Important Dates
Application Process Schedule
AIIMS PG Entrance Exam Dates
AIIMS PG Courses Eligibility
The aspirant should hold MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS courses from a University that is recognized by the Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India. The candidates must also complete 12 months compulsory rotational internship/ Practical training on or before January 30, 2019.
The candidates must also obtain a minimum of the following marks in aggregate in all the MBBS/MDS examination:
- Minimum marks in aggregate required for SC/ST categories students are 50%.
- For all other categories including OBC category minimum required mark is 55%.
How to Apply for AIIMS PG
Registrations will be a two-stage process comprising of a Basic Registration and Final Registration stages
- In the first stage applicants desirous of appearing in any of the Entrance Examinations (eg MD/MS or MDS or MBBS) in future will be able to initially register by filling basic details and uploading images almost a year in advance (Basic Registration)
- The candidates will be informed whether their registration is accepted, and their details will be stored with an unique identification number.
- Basic Registration process is free of any charges and thus no payment shall be collected at this stage.
- At a specified time prior to the entrance examination for a session (e.g. January 2019 session for MD/MS or MDS or MBBS 2019 session) the Basic Registration process will be closed and no further applications for that particular session will be allowed.
- The Prospectus and list of tentative seats will be uploaded at this time since the correct position will be known only after a session has started and seat allocation processes are closed.
- The applicants who have completed Basic Registration and this has been accepted can thus decide to either appear for the examination at this session or subsequently.
- In case the applicant desires to take the examination as announced, he / she can proceed for Final Registration.
- In Final Registration, applicants can fill remaining details such as like qualification details, choose the available city for examinations and make the necessary payments.
- These applicants will be eligible to be issued Admit Cards for that examination subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as mentioned in the respective prospectus
Note on Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR)
The registration process will then resume and continue for subsequent sessions (e.g. after Final Registration for MD/MS/MDS January 2019 session the Basic Registration for MD /MS or MDS July 2019 session onwards and MBBS 2020 session will resume).
Those who have already completed Basic Registration earlier need not fill these details again whether they have appeared for the MD/MS/MDS Entrance Examination of January 2019 session.
However, every time the dates for Final Registration for subsequent Entrance Examinations are made, the Final Registration will have to be completed.
Thus, while Basic Registration is enduring, Final Registration is examination session specific.