SSC GD Constable 2020-21
CRPF has Declared the Revised Result 2019 for SSC GD Constable PET/PST on the official website- www.crpf.gov.in.
PET/PST Shortlisted Candidates for Detailed Medical Examination is Scheduled from 9 January to 13 February 2020
Admit Card for DME has been Released on CRPF official website, Candidates can download now
SSC GD 2019 Exam Information
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) will conduct the GD (General Duty) constable exam to fill the vacancies in the General Duty at BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, Rifleman, etc. as per the Scheme formulated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). SSC is the examining body conducting various exams to appoint suitable candidates for various posts lying vacant in the government departments.
GD constables come under the supervision of SHO (Station House Officer). So, any other task assigned by the SHO will have to be performed by the GD constables. GD constables are responsible for the overall activities in absence of Assistant Sub-Inspectors and Sub-Inspectors.
GD constables have the authority to inquire and investigate any case if the Sub-Inspector asks the GD constable to do so. Duties of station writer in rural and urban areas might also be a part of the GD constable role. If the candidate is appointed as the head constable, then they will be mainly employed to be in charge of the police stations.
The candidates who are willing to work for the armed forces can apply for the posts of GD constables. The candidates if selected will be entitled to other benefits like medical facilities, pension schemes, gratuity, and annual paid leaves. Certain promotions are given on the basis of performance in the departmental exam while the certain are given on the service. The time period is different for all the departments. The promotion of a GD constable is as follows, senior constable, head constable, assistant sub-inspector, sub-inspector, and inspector.
SSC GD 2019 Exam Date
The Staff Selection Commission releases various SSC GD notifications for selecting the candidates to fill the vacancies in various government departments, ministries, and organizations. The candidates can check the official website for the notifications and updated news. The candidates applying for the exam will have to know the dates before applying for the exam.
|The Release of the application form SSC GD||17th August 2018|
|The Last date to submit the form of SSC GD||30th September 2018|
|The Release of SSC GD admit card for the written exam||Last week of January 2019|
|Date of the SSC GD computer-based exam||11th February to 11th March 2019|
|Issuing of the admit card for PST/PET||8th August 2019|
|Date to conduct PST/PET test||13th August 2019 to 25th September 2019|
|Declaration of PST/PET result||Updated soon|
|The Release of admit card for detailed medical test||Updated soon|
|Date to conduct medical test||Updated soon|
|The Result of medical test||Updated soon|
SSC GD 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The SSC GD constable eligibility criteria include many different categories like qualification, age limit, age relaxation, and the most important physical standards for the post of SSC GD constable that should be considered for appearing for the exam. In case if the candidate doesn’t fulfil the eligibility criteria then the candidate will be disqualified for all the posts of constable by the commission. So the candidates are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria for SSC GD constable post. The criteria are as follows.
The candidates must be either:
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1st, 1962 to be settled permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zaire, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
b). Educational Qualification:
- The candidates must have passed 12th standard from any recognized Board/University.
- If the candidate has not acquired the educational qualification at the time of filling the application form then, the Delhi police will cancel the candidature of such candidate.
c). Age Limit:
- The age limit for the post of Constable (Exe) male is 18-21 years and for the female is 18-25 years.
- The candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the matriculation/secondary exam certificate will be accepted by the commission for determining the age eligibility.
SSC GD 2019 Registration
The candidates applying for the SSC GD exam has to fulfil the mandatory requirements to fill the application form. The candidates must know about all the requirements and keep all the documents and details which are to be mentioned in the application form. The candidates appearing for the exam have to register themselves by following the steps given below.
The candidates applying for the exam must have a valid and active mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Visit the official website ssc.nic.in
- Application form window will open on the screen.
- Choose the SSC GD constable exam link
- Now register the details like candidates name, education, date of birth, category, e-mail ID, address, and mobile number.
- After filling the details click on the “I agree” button on the screen.
- Now upload the scanned recent passport size photograph. The photo size should be more than 20 KB and less than 50 KB.
- After uploading the photo then upload the signature. The signature should be more than 1 KB and less than 20 KB.
- The candidate must also keep the left thumb impression of 10 to 30 KB.
- The candidates with disability have to upload the certificate of disability of 20 to 50 KB either in JPEG or PDF format.
- The photo and sign must be clearly visible and the photo must be identifiable also.
- Applications with the blurred photo and signature will be rejected.
- Then pay the fees by clicking on the payment option.
- The payment can be made through E-challan, SBI net banking or any debit/credit card.
- Click on the submit button.
- Take the printout of the SSC GD application form for future reference.
SSC GD 2019 Exam Pattern
The SSC GD exam will be held in three main phases.
- Written examination (computer-based)
- Physical Standard test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) of SSC GD constable.
- Medical test
The first phase of the SSC GD exam will be the Objective type written test. The exam will be conducted through online mode. To compete with the SSC GD physical test, the candidate must qualify the written test first. The SSC GD exam pattern for written online exam is as follows:
|Part||Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
The duration of the exam is 90 minutes. 1/4th mark will be deducted for the wrong answer in SSC GD constable exam.
Each question will carry one mark. Matriculation level question will be asked in the test. The Online exam will be conducted in English and Hindi language.
The second phase consists of PST/PET. Based on the performance in the computer-based test, the candidates will be short-listed for PET/PST by the SSC. The PET/PST will be conducted at various centres finalized by CAPF’s
Physical Efficiency Test:
|PET||For male candidates||For female candidates|
|Race (for all the candidates except belonging to Ladakh region)||Race 5 Kms in 24 minutes||1.6 Kms in 8 and a half minutes.|
|Race (only for candidates in Ladakh Region)||1 mile in 6 and a half minutes||800 metres in 4 minutes|
Physical Standard Test:
Physical standards laid down for the post of constable/rifleman are as follows:
|General, SC, OBC candidate (except those mentioned below)||170 cm||157 cm|
Relaxations PST for height:
|The minimum height for all the candidates belonging to ST||162.5||
|General, SC, OBC candidates (except those mentioned below)||80/5 Cms||N/A|
Relaxations PST for chest:
|The minimum chest for all male candidates belonging to ST||76/5||N/A|
For male and female candidates: the proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
During PET/PST, candidates who are eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric/technology aided identification.
Scrutiny of eligibility of the candidates for any relaxation i.e. age, height, and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPF’s PET/PST boards.
The third phase id detailed medical examination. The candidates will be short-listed for DME from the pool of candidates who qualify PET/PST. The purpose of the medical exam is to ensure that medically fit candidates are accepted into CAPF’s.
The selected candidates will be medically examined by the medical board constituted by the CAPF’s to access their physical and medical fitness as given below:
SSC GD 2019 Syllabus
The candidates must go through the syllabus before starting the preparation. The syllabus is very important for all as it helps in the preparation for the exam and to crack the exam.
|General intelligence and Reasoning||Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial orientation, spatial visualization, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic number series, arithmetic reasoning and figural classification, coding and decoding, non-verbal series.|
|General knowledge and general awareness||Sports, history, culture, geography, economic science, general polity, Indian constitution, scientific research|
|Elementary Mathematics||Number system, computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and relationship between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, interests, profit and loss, averages, discount, mensuration, time and distances, time and work, ratio and time.|
|English comprehension||Spot the error, fill in the blanks, antonyms, synonyms/homonyms, idioms and phrases, spelling/detecting Mis-spelt words, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, conversion into direct/indirect narration, active/passive voice of verbs, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in passage, cloze passage, comprehension passage.|
Preparation books for SSC GD constable:
Books for General Intelligence and Reasoning Section:
- Non-verbal and Verbal Reasoning- R.S. Aggarwal
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning – Kiran publication
- Analytical Reasoning- M.K.Pandey
- Non-Verbal Reasoning- B.S.Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
- General intelligence and test for reasoning- Vikas Experts
- Shortcuts in Reasoning (verbal, Non-verbal and analytical) for competitive exams- Disha Experts.
Best books for General awareness and General Knowledge Section:
- Monthly magazines- Pratiyogita Darpan
- General Knowledge- Binay Karna
- General Knowledge- Manohar Pandey.
- Manorama year book
- Daily newspaper
- General Knowledge 2018: Latest current affairs and who’s who- RPH Editorial Board
- Concise General knowledge 2018-Purushottam Kumar
SSC GD 2019 Admit Card
The candidates will be able to access their hall ticket from the concerned site only by providing the registration details. The admit card will be available on the website one week prior to the exam. The following are the steps to download the hall ticket/ admit card:
- Visit the official website ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Admit Card link available at the top of a homepage and then click on it.
- Now, on the next page, press the regional website link.
- Search a link named as download e-admit card for SSC GD constable exam.
- Then the login page will be available on the screen.
- Fill the name, registration ID, date of birth and password as per the instructions
- Click on the submit button after filling all the details asked.
- The admit card of SSC GD in pdf format will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details and important instructions given in the admit card.
- Download and take a printout of SSC GD constable to admit card for future reference.
Details mentioned in the SSC GD Constable Admit card are as follows:
- Official website
- Helpline number
- Official e-mail ID
- Roll number.
- User ID.
- Exam date.
- Reporting time.
- Entry closing time.
- Applicants name.
- Date of Birth.
- Papers schedule.
- Exam instructions.
Documents to be carried for SSC GD constable exam:
The candidates must carry following documents with them at the time of the exam along with the hall ticket. A valid original Photo ID proof is required. The candidates can carry any of the following as a photo ID:
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter ID.
- Driving License
- PAN card.
The SSC will release the list of SSC GD constable exam centres along with the centre code. SSC GD constable exam will be conducted across 131 cities in India. The candidates are advised to check the exam centres before applying for the recruitment exam. The candidates had to enter three choices of SSC GD constable exam centres in order of their preferences within the same region while filling the application form.
SSC GD 2019 Result
The result will be available on the website and the candidates will be required to search their names in the PDF containing the roll number of the candidate who has qualified the computer-based test. the result will be released at least one or two months after the exam or may take more time as a huge number of candidates are going to fill up the form and take part in the exam.
The candidates appearing in the CBE will have to secure minimum qualifying marks to be eligible to appear for PST/PET. Only the candidates who qualify PET/PST will be shortlisted.
The selected candidates in DME will be eligible for the recruitment where the final merit list will be released by the conducting authority.
The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks scored by the candidates in the computer-based exam.
The following are the steps to check the result of SSC GD constable:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link available to download SSC GD constable result
- The result will be displayed/appear on the screen
- Press Ctrl+F and search the roll number
- Download and save the results of SSC GD constable for future references.
The result of SSC GD constable will be released for Computer-based exam, PET/PST, detailed medical exam and the final merit list.
The result of the computer-based exam will be calculated out of 100 marks. The candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks to qualify the next round of selection process.
The result of PET/PST will be released for the qualified candidates. The shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of height parameters, biometric identification and, screening of testimonials, chest and weight measurements. The qualified candidates will have to appear in DME.
The shortlisted candidates for DME will be examined by the medical boards constituted by the CAPF’s to assess the physical and medical fitness. The candidates have to carry the original documents which will be verified by the commission. The candidates who qualify the stage will be eligible for the final recruitment which will be done on the basis of final merit list.
SSC GD Cutoff
The SSC GD cut off is the minimum marks that the candidates must score in the exam to qualify. The cut-off changes every year depending on the several factors. Having an idea about the previous year cut off, it will be helpful for the candidates to set a target for themselves.
The SSC GD is determined based on many factors:
- Total number of vacancies available for SSC GD constables post
- The Total number of candidates appearing for the exam of SSC GD.
- The Difficulty level of the question paper etc.
SSC GD cut off 2017 for male candidates:
|11||Jammu and Kashmir||45||36||44||37||35|
|31||Andaman and Nicobar||36||33||–||–||35|
|33||Dadra and nagar haveli||35||–||–||35||35|
|34||Daman and diu||37||37||–||–||35|