TAPMI Admissions 2010-12 Queries and related discussions

Hi Puys, TAPMI Admission 2010-12 noticification (see attachement) is out. This thread is dedicated for all your queries. Please feel free to ask any query related to TAPMI. Past TAPMI Admissions threads :: http://www.pag

Hi Puys,

TAPMI Admission 2010-12 noticification (see attachement) is out. This thread is dedicated for all your queries.

Please feel free to ask any query related to TAPMI.

Past TAPMI Admissions threads

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2008-ask-tapmi-manipal-prof-sudeep-kumar-answers-queries-about-admissions-to-tapmi-25035342
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-admissions-2009-shoot-your-queries-25035293
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-admissions-2008-25025903
Past TAPMI GD/PI Threads

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-2011-tapmi-gd-pi-experiences-25038356
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-admissions-2008-2010-gd-pi-calls-out-25028217
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-gd-pi-calls-out-25020817
Other important TAPMI threads

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-tapmi-25019817
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-batch-of-2009-11-25039249
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-batch-2008-10-25030491
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-results-out-25030466

: : :

krish2009 Says
Sir,I am an aspirant for CAT 2009,and I am very keen to take admission in TAPMI...cud u plzz help me out with few things,lyk what were the cut-offs last year???and also i saw that there are 3 new programmes launched dis year,so 4 that can we expect the cut-off to be a bit lower than the flagship one???Sir plzz reply as this would be very helpful to me.....Thanx in advance:(-

Hi Krish
Glad to see your keenness in joining TAPMI.
Regarding your queries:
1. Last year the cut-off of CAT for GD/PI was 92 percentile.
2.There were no sectional cut offs last year.
3.Yes you are right 3 new courses are being introduced this year-Health Care Management,Banking and Financial Services and International Business.
4.Regarding the cut-off for this year,Academic Council is having discussions for this and would be deciding on it pretty soon.We will let you know as soon as it is decided.
5.Regarding the cut-offs getting lowered ,well,that's the hopeful and wishful thinking for any aspirant.
6.for more information on the calls last year you can refer to Mandatory Disclosure available at the TAPMI Website.
http://www.tapmi.edu.in/download/Mandatory%20Disclosures%20March-2009.pdf
I hope that answers all your queries.
Wishing you all the best for your future.

Hello seniors.
First of all , thanks for opening this thread . I was looking in newspapers since last week for this ad , but somehow i think i missed .

I am an TAPMI aspirant . I have few questions . Would be thankful if u ans them

1 . As i read above , there were no section cutoff . What is expected this time . I am asking this because i am clearing both VA n QA cutoff bu huge margins but i am bad in DI ?

2 . If 92 % range is the percentile for calls , then whats the %ile at which we can convert the call easily ?

3 . What are the profiles / salaries that are offered to students at TAPMI. I am mainly interested in Finance . Could you please tell me more about the PGDM finance course , its faculty , industry recognition and placements .

4 . How is PGDM( BFSI) different from PGDM Finance (MBA) .

Thanks a lot
Aayush

Hello seniors.
First of all , thanks for opening this thread . I was looking in newspapers since last week for this ad , but somehow i think i missed .

I am an TAPMI aspirant . I have few questions . Would be thankful if u ans them

1 . As i read above , there were no section cutoff . What is expected this time . I am asking this because i am clearing both VA n QA cutoff bu huge margins but i am bad in DI ?

2 . If 92 % range is the percentile for calls , then whats the %ile at which we can convert the call easily ?

3 . What are the profiles / salaries that are offered to students at TAPMI. I am mainly interested in Finance . Could you please tell me more about the PGDM finance course , its faculty , industry recognition and placements .

4 . How is PGDM( BFSI) different from PGDM Finance (MBA) .

Thanks a lot
Aayush

Hi Ayush,

: to be a part of TAPMI family.

@ your first question: No one would be able to tell exactly, what is going to be the sectional cut-offs and overall for that matter. Only we can speculate. Going by last year statistics, one can safely assume that the overall would be around 92% tile (there is a high chance that overall may go up). But, it's very difficult to say anything about sectional cut-offs. All I can say, if you score at least 50%tile in each section, then you will be in good position to get a call. But, brother, you don't need to worry. You still have two full months before killing the CAT.

@ your second question: I really don't know how much the overall will be relevant in final conversion. Because we, 2008-10 batch, had overall percentile range from 87%tile to 98.5%tile. Can you see the wider range?

@ your third question: It's bit difficult to say about the profiles offered for the finance students. I can only assure you that you will find one of your dream companies in your final placement day. And at the end of the day, all of you will leave TAPMI with big smile on your face. And, I would urge you to visit our website (T A Pai Management Institute) to get to know the faculty details. But, you should not have this doubt about the faculty of a B-School which is about your age (25 years).

@ your fourth question: We will definitely get back to you with the more detailed answer for this. But, do remind us!!!!

We tried our best to clarify your queries, please do not hesitate to get back to us if you are not convinced with the responses or you want to know more
krish2009 Says
Thank you very much for answering to my queries...:splat:wud lyk 2 knw one more thing from you,is it a residential program???I mean staying in hostel is mandatory or not???

Yes.... It's a two-year residential program and it is mandatory to stay in hostel..... But, once you come to hostel, I am sure that whatever little bubble you have in your mind will get blasted . Who would want to miss the scenery inside the hillock campus!!!!
Thank you Sir,for answering my queries...Sir two things more I wud lyk 2 knw???nuthin very imp. but jst the questions came in mind....
1)Do the hostel rooms have AC???
2)DO the college provides us with laptops???if yes den of which company???
Sir I will be very grateful to you if you answer mah queries....:splat::splat:Thanx in advance

Hello Brother,

First of all, please stop calling us as "Sir". We may be two to three years older than you, not more than that. You can call us by our name.

Ok. Coming to your queries,

@ first one, hostel rooms do not have AC (but I'm sure, you may not require that... because 4 out of 8 months it rains heavily here)

@ second one, yes.... college provides you the laptop (But, you have to pay ). The laptop policy changes every year. So, it's very difficult to say at this moment what laptop you will be getting next year. But, you will be intimated at the right time regarding the laptop. Not to worry!

All the best and see you soon in our campus.
Thank you Sir,for answering my queries...Sir two things more I wud lyk 2 knw???nuthin very imp. but jst the questions came in mind....
1)Do the hostel rooms have AC???
2)DO the college provides us with laptops???if yes den of which company???
Sir I will be very grateful to you if you answer mah queries....:splat::splat:Thanx in advance

It's always good to get queries answered Feel free to ask questions, we'll be more than happy to answer:)

Coming to your questions

1. NO we don't have AC hostels (Actually you don't need one in pleasant weather of Manipal !), however Academic block, library and other facilities are completely Air Conditioned.....anyways we people spend 4/5 of our time in these facilities only :shocked:

2. Yes this year they provided us laptops, 14" Toshiba Centrino power Machine......
Hi Ayush,

: to be a part of TAPMI family.

@ your fourth question: We will definitely get back to you with the more detailed answer for this. But, do remind us!!!!

We tried our best to clarify your queries, please do not hesitate to get back to us if you are not convinced with the responses or you want to know more

Thanks raaamsss for such a quick and detailed reply .

I would be thankful if yoiu inquire about the PGDM (BFSI) and PDGM in finance (MBA) and tell me . I will apply to both these programs then.

PS - If you can , please PM me with the details as i am not regular on internet these days .

Thanks
Aayush

Hi Aayush,

Coming to your query regarding the difference between PDGM (BFSI) and PGDM (finance), lemme answer it to the best of my knowledge.

First and foremost, let me inform you that the first year of study is common for all the courses and all the students would be studying the same set of subjects. This is done to ensure that every student has a strong knowledge of the basics of management.

In the second year, students of the flagship PGDM course have the option of choosing their majors from amongst a host of functions like finance, marketing, systems, operations, HR etc. TAPMI even allows a student to have multiple majors.

On the other hand, the new course, PGDM(BFSI) is a sector-specific course and the students will not have the option of choosing their major in the second year. The course focuses specifically on the Banking and Financial Services sector and hence covers electives like venture capital, Hire-purchase and leasing, Insurance etc.

On the other hand, PGDM with a major in Finance involves study of electives such as Managerial accounting, Financial management, corporate finance, control systems etc.

Hope this answers your query,

Bell the CAT !

Hi...
last year few of my friends who applied for TAPMI told me that there was a question in the appln form regarding the purpose for which we want to pursue PGDM programme at TAPMI.i'm sure what we write in the form would be dissected during the PI so what should be the appropriate answer?

Hi...
last year few of my friends who applied for TAPMI told me that there was a question in the appln form regarding the purpose for which we want to pursue PGDM programme at TAPMI.i'm sure what we write in the form would be dissected during the PI so what should be the appropriate answer?

Hi Manjushaa,

The practice of asking the purpose of pursuing PGDM at TAPMI will substantiate your clarity of thought. And, there is no a specific answer to this question. It varies to a greater extent, person to person. Our only suggestion is that "Be as genuine as possible when you write". The rest will automatically fall in place. And interact with your friends at B-Schools, your peers and most importantly ask yourself consciously to arrive at the best answer. I know, I am going out of board in giving philosophical answer. But that is the fact!

hi manjushaa,

Personally I dont think there is anything like an appropriate reply when it comes to a PI . It all depends on two people's psyche - the person who wrote it (read you) and the panelist interviewing you.

I can only advise you to write what you feel. It does not have to be full of fancy or heavy words to create an impact. It would work better if u wrote something which you are convinced about bcoz in the interview you might have to convince the panel about the same.

So, take your time and think about why you really wanna do the course. Someone else's words on your form will not really help.

Best of luck for CAT !

A big Thank U to both the seniors for the prompt reply but honestly the only reason y an MBA aspirant would wish to make it to TAPMI or any other good B school would be because of the reputation of the institute wherein he/she can learn the language of business in the best possible way.but y TAPMI in particular and not some other institute?i don't have an answer.i cant comment on the campus,infrastructure,course content,faculty bcoz i've never directly visited the place and i dont know anyone in the faculty there so i can't state those things in my answer.back to square 1.

hi all,
what was the sectional cut-offs & the overall cut-offs for CAT last year? also, for a person with 4+ years of IT work-ex what was the GMAT median score that got u a GD/PI call last year? looking forward to hearing from you..!!

thanx

Hi,

Thanks for staring the TAPMI thread. I have one query:

Does the college provide hostel accommodation for married people, if they want to bring their spouse along?

Thanks,
Mohit.

hi all,
what was the sectional cut-offs & the overall cut-offs for CAT last year? also, for a person with 4+ years of IT work-ex what was the GMAT median score that got u a GD/PI call last year? looking forward to hearing from you..!!

thanx

Last year' overall cutoff was 92%tile and there no sectional cutoff as such. Let me get back to you with more accurate figure with respect to GMAT score. As far as, we know, all your work experience and academic performance comes in the later part of the selection... Not for getting the GD/PI call....
manjushaa Says
A big Thank U to both the seniors for the prompt reply but honestly the only reason y an MBA aspirant would wish to make it to TAPMI or any other good B school would be because of the reputation of the institute wherein he/she can learn the language of business in the best possible way.but y TAPMI in particular and not some other institute?i don't have an answer.i cant comment on the campus,infrastructure,course content,faculty bcoz i've never directly visited the place and i dont know anyone in the faculty there so i can't state those things in my answer.back to square 1.

You can always refer TAPMI's official website (T A Pai Management Institute) to find "why you should join TAPMI". That gives more elaborate picture. And, you can least expect the questions like "why one B-school over the another" in your GD/PI. As per best of my knowledge goes, they ask you to justify.
Hi,

Thanks for staring the TAPMI thread. I have one query:

Does the college provide hostel accommodation for married people, if they want to bring their spouse along?

Thanks,
Mohit.

Hostel for married people obviously "YES". But, no spouses are allowed! We have separate hostels for boys and girls.
manjushaa Says

All I can say is visit TAPMI anytime and see for yourself :

You can also view the TAPMI webiste for more details :
T A Pai Management Institute