USC MArshall- Admitted!

Hi Junaid,

Thanks for the info. With it i found out i got another DING :)

- Keyur

HI Keyur

I just sent you a PM.
Can you please revert on that??


Ankit
HI Keyur

I just sent you a PM.
Can you please revert on that??


Ankit


Yeah... Sent you the reply on your gmail ID..... all the bst!!

DO let me know if its an admit

I recieved the adm packet from USC Marschall last week. I applied in Round 1.

I did not receive any scholarship/fellowship letter along with the packet.
I will not be able to take up the offer without any financial aid considering that no co-signer loans are also not available anymore.

Anyone who has received admits, share your details w.r.t financial aid.

My profile:
710/F/India/3.5 years experience in top MNCs

Hey guys....
March is almost over... any updates on R2....
Or is it Over...!!!

Pitch in your views/info. How many R2 have been interviewed so far..!!

I am an R2 applicant and I have not been interviewed so far. I am hoping that they do accept some applicants without an interview! I was just wondering if people get any updates in between submission date and notification date. It has been almost 2 months since I applied and I have not got any update yet!!

Hey guys....
March is almost over... any updates on R2....
Or is it Over...!!!

Pitch in your views/info. How many R2 have been interviewed so far..!!

yeah i have seen just a hand full of interview invites here where as on business week forum, many people have confirmed interview invites.
Just trying to make sense out of all this mess.

I think the reason is that pagalguy members are mostly Indians whereas Businessweek members are mostly americans. Most Americans have received interview invites. Their Alumni network is strong in the USA and even parts of Europe I guess. In India, the alumni network seems to be lesser and that is why there are fewer alumni interviews in India. Perhaps, USC is not much inclined towards telephonic interviews.

Can anyone comment on the chances of being admitted without an interview? In such cases, do we still have to wait till April 3rd or do they notify such candidates before 3rd April?

yeah i have seen just a hand full of interview invites here where as on business week forum, many people have confirmed interview invites.
Just trying to make sense out of all this mess.

Handful of interview invites? As far as I see, not even one person has reported an interview invite in Round 2 (January round).. And megawhiz said that we might see interview invites as late as March end..

Are you guys telling me to give up hope? 😞

If we (Jan 15th round applicants) don't get an interview invite by the end of next week, can we assume that we have been dinged?!

I am trying hard to find out if anyone has been notified of a positive decision on the notification date without an interview or any kind of communication prior to the notification date.

Hi

Any chance of getting an interview invite this late>?!
If not, does it mean rejection or could they admit without an interview?
Also, I heard that USC Marshall announces some admissions decisions before the notification date. Is this true? Has anyone (Jan 15th round) been admitted or rejected already?
Regards
Indianapplicant

Some of you should be getting an interview invite about right now. I got mine on 12th March (I applied on 15th Jan) and was interviewed on 20th March - the results were out by 27th March. This should give u a fair idea of how Marshall schedules interviews and admit decisions for international candidates during the second round. However, again this year might be a bit different due to larger number of applicants.
Don't lose hope - I had 0 admits by this time last year and ended the season with 3 - all with considerable amount of schols.

-Varun

I don't understand... Not even a single Jan 15 applicant on this forum reported an interview invite.. either they knowingly rejected all PGites, or they did not take any Indians in this round !!

I understand that we might be bugging you too much, Varun and Ved, but could you offer any insights on the matter? Do they admit without interviews? Do they invite really, really late?

I am sure you are kidding about the PGite thing but just in case you really have such a doubt - I dont think they would have time to try to search these forums and try to identify their applicants and then reject! There is in fact no reason to reject PGites!

Regarding the no interview reported thing, I think the number of Round 2 applicants who are posting in this forum is very very less. Also, I somehow have a feeling that because of the recession USC is not sending Adcom on tours to various ciountries for interviews. Alumnus may not be available. Telephonic interview is really not preferred by them and there is also a time gap of 12.5 hours so the university working hours may not not appropriate times for Indians. Ofcourse, we all would be more than delighted to attend an interview at 10PM or even later, but I think the university may have some restrictions on the timings and all.

Just my vague thoughts. Frankly, I am not able to imagine why they have given very few interview calls for round 2 Indians!

I don't understand... Not even a single Jan 15 applicant on this forum reported an interview invite.. either they knowingly rejected all PGites, or they did not take any Indians in this round !!

I understand that we might be bugging you too much, Varun and Ved, but could you offer any insights on the matter? Do they admit without interviews? Do they invite really, really late?

Even business week forum is silent...
I saw some international (indonisia/mexico...) people invited though....

Lost all hope...

Of course I was kidding about PG :-)

But Dombaordie is right, even BW is rather silent except for a 2-3 internationals (and none from India)..

Of course I was kidding about PG :-)

But Dombaordie is right, even BW is rather silent except for a 2-3 internationals (and none from India)..

Hi Puys
I am sure my post would not be of muuch help in comparison to the ones that can be posted by those inside USC. I tried posting before but for some reason or the other I was not able to log into the system

My Experience:
I was a R-1 applicant(EA, R1,R2---terminology) to USC.I got my decision on 11th March and I have been waitlisted without interview. I am not sure what that means as if we go a lillte back in th thread there are a few admits of EA but all had an interview.
The story of my waitlist goes something like this. I had been mailing he Adcom since Feb mid but all that I got was a Keep Waiting reply. I also made a couple of calls as some aspirants who had applied after me got their results but for me a decison was not posted.
The last call that I made was again goin through the routine processs wherein the lady who had picked up told me that I should be checking the status again. This time I insisted(politely) on talking to the authorities and as I was explaining the scenario I was told to give my contact numberand a represnetative would get in touch with me over the phone. However after approx 1.5 hours I got a mail saying that my number could not be reached but my decision is posted.
I checked and I saw the waitlist.
My profile in brief
Indian/IT(at the time of applying to Marshall)700/5.5
3.5 years in IT till Nov 2008.
Have now moved into Consulting.
Am waiting for a couple of results now.
Hope I could have given some pointers.
At this point I can suggest is that you guys eaither wait or call up the adcom and be assertive about the result details. Guess it should help.
Although I do not have a positive result from anywhere,I would say that this relaxed way of USC is definitely very discouraging.
All the best.

Regards
Ankit

Till when can we (Jan 15th round applicants) expect an interview call? I think the adcom usually intimates a week in advance, do they have to complete the interviews by any particular date before 3rd April?

Hi Puys
I am sure my post would not be of muuch help in comparison to the ones that can be posted by those inside USC. I tried posting before but for some reason or the other I was not able to log into the system

My Experience:
I was a R-1 applicant(EA, R1,R2---terminology) to USC.I got my decision on 11th March and I have been waitlisted without interview. I am not sure what that means as if we go a lillte back in th thread there are a few admits of EA but all had an interview.
The story of my waitlist goes something like this. I had been mailing he Adcom since Feb mid but all that I got was a Keep Waiting reply. I also made a couple of calls as some aspirants who had applied after me got their results but for me a decison was not posted.
The last call that I made was again goin through the routine processs wherein the lady who had picked up told me that I should be checking the status again. This time I insisted(politely) on talking to the authorities and as I was explaining the scenario I was told to give my contact numberand a represnetative would get in touch with me over the phone. However after approx 1.5 hours I got a mail saying that my number could not be reached but my decision is posted.
I checked and I saw the waitlist.
My profile in brief
Indian/IT(at the time of applying to Marshall)700/5.5
3.5 years in IT till Nov 2008.
Have now moved into Consulting.
Am waiting for a couple of results now.
Hope I could have given some pointers.
At this point I can suggest is that you guys eaither wait or call up the adcom and be assertive about the result details. Guess it should help.
Although I do not have a positive result from anywhere,I would say that this relaxed way of USC is definitely very discouraging.
All the best.

Regards
Ankit

Yeah Guys,
Everytime I call up the ad.com. I get a stern answer that if anything ad.com will contact so far Marshall has been least responsive of all schools i applied to, not to mention the status of my app for R2 is still submitted only....
Any Marshall students pls suggest how we can follow up on our apps...

So I mailed Marshall adcom a query about my interview status, and this is what I got back:

Dear Rahul, thank you for the follow-up. Your application is in review at this time. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted promptly. Round 2 is our largest round, so not all candidates are called initially. We continue to invite candidates to interview in the process.


Thoughts on this? Is this a de-facto ding? Or does this mean they can take later than April 3 to deliver final result? Ved, Varun?

hey rahul
whats does the online status of ur app. read like?

Mine reads "Submitted", it has been the same since I submitted my application on Jan 15th. What does yours read?

hey rahul
whats does the online status of ur app. read like?