I Had submitted application in the R1. No news after that. According to their website, the status update should have been received by 6th Feb, but nothing is reflected on the status page - just that "we are reviewing application..."
Tried calling them too.... but in vain....
Is anyone else too with similar exp?
Just got a reply to the mail I had written to them today:
"The committee is still making decisions this week. You should be receiving your decision soon.
Thank you
MBA ADM"
Hope this is helpful to other applicants in similar state as me!!!
Puys,
I had applied to the early round on Nov 1. So I got my notification on feb 6th. The R1 applications are still under process.
Puys,
I had applied to the early round on Nov 1. So I got my notification on feb 6th. The R1 applications are still under process.
Did you appear for the interview? I heard they are admitting a few directly without interviews!!
If you did? Can you let me know the type of Q's and how was it overall?
I think you got admits from a couple of univs? decided which one you shal be pursuing?
jayeeta.bhowal SaysI have been waitlisted! :sad:
Same here .... i got waitlisted too 😞 .. had applied in R1 and found the response online on 7th ...
Did you appear for the interview? I heard they are admitting a few directly without interviews!!
If you did? Can you let me know the type of Q's and how was it overall?
I think you got admits from a couple of univs? decided which one you shal be pursuing?
Yep I had an interview. it was f2f in Bangalore. I think even if Marshall admits students without interviews then u must be a domestic student or an international with a very very strong profile. Because after my applications, they were pretty darn adamant abt having an interview.
Q's were very generic, nothing out of the ordinary. The f2f kinda helped so I just amiably chatted with the adcom, talking of various aspects of my life, resume, career aspirations, etc.
Yeah...I do have admits from few places. Zeroed in on McCombs for now.
ATB to u!
Hi All,
I had checked my result on 6th Feb. I got an admit. i received my package today, but to my dismay found no mention of scholarship.
I remember reading on this thread that scholarship is given to most of the indian students, but i am dissapointed to not have one. :-(
Does Marshall send out scholarship info later?(being optimistic)
My profile - 740 , 4.5 yrs, NIT , IT (Finance)
Hi All,
I had checked my result on 6th Feb. I got an admit. i received my package today, but to my dismay found no mention of scholarship.
I remember reading on this thread that scholarship is given to most of the indian students, but i am dissapointed to not have one. :-(
Does Marshall send out scholarship info later?(being optimistic)
My profile - 740 , 4.5 yrs, NIT , IT (Finance)
Hi Italian
Congratulations on your admit.
Can you help me with afew basic queries?
1. To which round of application did you apply? EA or R1
2. Am not sure but were you interviewed?If yes, post your interview experience
Thanks and Regards
Admit here as well.
EA applicant. recieved decision on Feb 6.
No aid/scholarship :eyepop:. (Unlike last year's folks).
I think the binder and the letter is the last piece of communication for schol.
Italian: Are you accepting the offer?
g_ankit_g: Interview was a very comfortable experience. All the regular questions with some in-depth enquiries. my opinion: Be yourself and know your resume in and out, with crunch situations that you have faced.
Does anyone have any idea when R2 (Jan 15) applicants can start expecting interview calls? USC Marshall seems pretty late in doing things..
Yes its getting crazy, did any R2 applicant got an I/V invite
Hey any R1 (1st Dec) applicant still to receive decision?
Its surprising not to hear anything from the university even after almost close to 3 months!!!
Any more like me around??
Hey any R1 (1st Dec) applicant still to receive decision?
Its surprising not to hear anything from the university even after almost close to 3 months!!!
Any more like me around??
Hey Keyur
I am like you...waiting for the result...
There would be many like us.. do not worry... waise I think we both know our results...since this long there is no communication...
Ankit
Hey Keyur
I am like you...waiting for the result...
There would be many like us.. do not worry... waise I think we both know our results...since this long there is no communication...
Ankit
Yeah absolutely... me too pretty much think its a ding!!!!
Hi Varun:
What happens in the second year? I understand that some fellowships / schols are handed to exceptional students later on...Is this correct?.
What is the expected expense in the second year ? (without any scholarships) (Net expense : Tuition + others + living minus Internship money).
Your reply will help me do some Financial Management early on.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks!
There are indeed some scholarships available in the second year. However, they are extremely competitive and require heavy commitment in community as well as academic activities. Though I don't want to discourage you, try not to include second yr scholarships in your financial management planning. However, if you are really determined and feel that you can pull it off, then do go ahead..
Regarding finances, per yr tuition commitment (w/o scholarship) at Marshall is $40000. Other expenses (including rent, food, limited leisure) will add upto roughly $1200/mo. Other than that you should reserve some amount (approx. $2500/yr) for going to job conferences, parties, traveling etc.
Hope that helps. Congrats for the admit!
Hi
Thanks for your inputs.
I am a Round 1 Applicant December 1 deadline(as in if we go by EA, R1, R2 etc terminology). I am yet to receive any update on my application.
When you said that the Round2 should expect actions by March end were you talking about Round-2 as per the terminology above, or Round-1(numerically 2). Can you tell some details as to what are the timelines that should be looked at in my case
--Ankit
Varun:
Thanks for writing. I am excited about attending Marshall!
While I did mean to find out about the scholarships, I do understand that it involves significant effort as well as several factors beyond our control to gain that second year schol.
Did any Indian recieve those in your class or the class of 09?
I know about the first year number, but wanted to know the second year numbers specifically for finding funding early on.
With your numbers (assuming that first years expenses = second year expenses), will it be $115K total or closer to $100K( after considering shorter second year and internship income)?
Thank you!
There are indeed some scholarships available in the second year. However, they are extremely competitive and require heavy commitment in community as well as academic activities. Though I don't want to discourage you, try not to include second yr scholarships in your financial management planning. However, if you are really determined and feel that you can pull it off, then do go ahead..
Regarding finances, per yr tuition commitment (w/o scholarship) at Marshall is $40000. Other expenses (including rent, food, limited leisure) will add upto roughly $1200/mo. Other than that you should reserve some amount (approx. $2500/yr) for going to job conferences, parties, traveling etc.
Hope that helps. Congrats for the admit!
Ankit,
I know it's silly advice but I'll give it nevertheless. When I login to my Marshall account the status says "We are reviewing your application. ....". But underneath this, there is an additional link that says: "Decision Status" and provides info on the decision. Be doubly sure you have not missed this, because I realised this only about a day after my decision was actually made available.
Furthermore, it's perfectly all right to call the adcom and check the status (quote your
USC app id), since it's been quite sometime since the actual notification date.
Junaid
Ankit,
I know it's silly advice but I'll give it nevertheless. When I login to my Marshall account the status says "We are reviewing your application. ....". But underneath this, there is an additional link that says: "Decision Status" and provides info on the decision. Be doubly sure you have not missed this, because I realised this only about a day after my decision was actually made available.
Furthermore, it's perfectly all right to call the adcom and check the status (quote your
USC app id), since it's been quite sometime since the actual notification date.
Junaid
Junaid
Thanks for your advice. Indeed it can be missed out and I have scanned the whole page as per your suggestion. Alas there were no "Decision Status". Have called them once and mailed them on 2 -3 occasions, and the reply that I have is
" The admissions committee is still working on some R-1 applications and so please just continue to check your status. Good luck to you."
I hope this post also helps others who are in the same boat as mine.
Thanks once again
Ankit
Ankit,
I know it's silly advice but I'll give it nevertheless. When I login to my Marshall account the status says "We are reviewing your application. ....". But underneath this, there is an additional link that says: "Decision Status" and provides info on the decision. Be doubly sure you have not missed this, because I realised this only about a day after my decision was actually made available.
Furthermore, it's perfectly all right to call the adcom and check the status (quote your
USC app id), since it's been quite sometime since the actual notification date.
Junaid
Hi Junaid,
Thanks for the info. With it i found out i got another DING :)
- Keyur