USC MArshall- Admitted!

Hey guys, got an admit from USC marshall today! :: Dont know the aid scenario yet…so still keeping my fingers crossed! Strange to see that there’s no separate thread on Marshall… newez, if this helps anyone, here’s my profile…

Hey guys,

got an admit from USC marshall today!
Dont know the aid scenario yet..so still keeping my fingers crossed!

Strange to see that there's no separate thread on Marshall..

newez, if this helps anyone, here's my profile

GMat 750
WorkEx 3 (in IT , by the time i join)

ECs and community service : v.good

Hi,
I also got an admit but no info about schol.

Profile:
GMAT-710
Work-ex - 5 by the time I join.

Hi,
I also got an admit but no info about schol.

Profile:
GMAT-710
Work-ex - 5 by the time I join.

hey Sanju,
congrats!

When did you get your acceptance mail? For me, it was a short mail saying that the details would be conveyed in a separate binder. So hoping that the schol details would come with it

Nice to meet u here.Would let you know if i receive anything!
Till then, Keep in touch !

Hi Ved,
Same case with me.. not much details. I got the mail on Wednesday.

hey congrats guys,

could you throw some light on the "Sources of funding" Section in the application? Does it have to be fully accurate? How does one mention ones need for aid and how does that get accounted for in this section.

Hey i got wait listed.... Is there any chance of movin frm a wait list to an admit.... if so wat do i need to do?.... or is it jus a delayed reject.???.......

Hey sanju,

have u finalized USC?

Hi Ved,
Same case with me.. not much details. I got the mail on Wednesday.

Hey anand,

Although there is no definite answer to your question, I would suggest that submit any information that would strenghthen your application (such as promotion/new role etc) if any such thing happened after you submitted the application...

final Accept or reject depends on which pool of applicants you belong..

Keep ur fingers crossed and hope for the best!

anand pillay Says
Hey i got wait listed.... Is there any chance of movin frm a wait list to an admit.... if so wat do i need to do?.... or is it jus a delayed reject.???.......

Hello,
Even i have applied to USC marshall...but in the 15th jan deadline...havent heard from them yet!!
those who got admits ...how much time did they take to make a decision??
also .... looking at the profiles who got admit!! i think it will be tough for me...
any suggestions about what are my chances with
GMAT- 680
TOEFL- 100
undergrad GPA- 3.7
MCOM-1 - GPA -3.6
MCOM 2 still pursuing
EXTRA curricular and community- average

Hi,

Well, it took me about a month to get the intreview call and another month to get the decision.. But that was in the early app round.. dont know if they have expedited the process for R2 onwards..

GMAT 750
TOEFL 112
Work ex 3yrs
ExtraC and community : good

Hope this helps!

Hello,
Even i have applied to USC marshall...but in the 15th jan deadline...havent heard from them yet!!
those who got admits ...how much time did they take to make a decision??
also .... looking at the profiles who got admit!! i think it will be tough for me...
any suggestions about what are my chances with
GMAT- 680
TOEFL- 100
undergrad GPA- 3.7
MCOM-1 - GPA -3.6
MCOM 2 still pursuing
EXTRA curricular and community- average

Hi Vedkachole/Sanju,

I also have an admit from USC with a 50% tution waiver. I have admits from Rochester (Simon) with 15K scholarship and Schulich (Canada) as well. Waiting on decision from UNC.

I have more or less made up my mind to join USC. Have you guys decided whether you will be taking up the USC offer? Do let me know what your plans are.....hope to see you guys in USC this fall.

Anurag

Hey ..
@ Ved ...thanks... i think i just have to wait and see... :)
@ Anurag congrats!! if you don't mind...whats your profile like?

srh_mba:

my profile is:
GMAT: 710
Work Ex: 9.5 years IT of which last 5 years has been in Fin. Services (American Express).
Acads: Decent
Extra Curr/Community Service: Good

Has any of the admitted candidates accepted the USC offer?

Anurag

Hi Anurag,

Congrats for ur admit!

Seems there r not many from india going to Marshall this fall and its really great to know that u would be joining..:grin:. You have a great profile.. no doubt simon offered u a 15k schol!!

Are you going for IT management or finance?

I too have a 50% tuition waiver and have accepted the USC offer.
Waiting for the McCombs decision.

srh_mba:

my profile is:
GMAT: 710
Work Ex: 9.5 years IT of which last 5 years has been in Fin. Services (American Express).
Acads: Decent
Extra Curr/Community Service: Good

Has any of the admitted candidates accepted the USC offer?

Anurag

Hey Ved,

Yeah...it looks like very few Indians have applied to Marshall....quite surprising 'cause its a pretty decently ranked school. Probably the high costs is what has detered most people from applying to USC.
Im planning on doing Finance....but you never know.....may change my mind after my first year.
I haven't accepted my offer as yet.....i'm waiting to know where my wife gets admitted. She just got an admit to Yale for International Relations.....waiting to hear from USC (Annenberg School). I will probably confirm my seat sometime this week.
BTW: I received my I20 from USC yesterday. I have also got a conditionally approved loan from Citi bank in the US.....i have to send them a copy of my I20 and hopefully it should get approved.
Have you got your I20 from USC?
Keep me updated on your progress.
Later,
Anurag

Hi Anurag,

Yes, high cost is definitely a deterring factor.. The scholarship makes things a bit easier but still I am searching for resources for the VISA.. :nervous: Got my I 20 but haven't taken a date yet.

I have finalized USC.. even paid the deposit..Dont have any scholarship hopes from McCombs even if I get an admit.. so its out of question.

Sincerely hope that your wife gets USC admit and you both come there!
It would be really nice to have some great company! :)

I am also planning to take a loan from US.. even found a cosigner who's ready to sign.
What rate of interest are u getting?

It would be great if you could PM me your mail ID.. so that we can keep in touch in a better manner..

Hey Ved,

Yeah...it looks like very few Indians have applied to Marshall....quite surprising 'cause its a pretty decently ranked school. Probably the high costs is what has detered most people from applying to USC.
Im planning on doing Finance....but you never know.....may change my mind after my first year.
I haven't accepted my offer as yet.....i'm waiting to know where my wife gets admitted. She just got an admit to Yale for International Relations.....waiting to hear from USC (Annenberg School). I will probably confirm my seat sometime this week.
BTW: I received my I20 from USC yesterday. I have also got a conditionally approved loan from Citi bank in the US.....i have to send them a copy of my I20 and hopefully it should get approved.
Have you got your I20 from USC?
Keep me updated on your progress.
Later,
Anurag

Hi Anurag/Ved/Sanju,

Congrats on ur admit to Marshall. :bigups:

I applied to Marshall in R2. Just got an interview invite. Could you tell me about your interview experience? What questions did they ask you? Did you have an interview over the phone?

Thanks
Nitin

Hi Nitin,

I had a telephonic interview (I had to call them). I was asked the standard questions... nothing that I was not expecting. My interviewer was very cut and dry....not very friendly. I could not get a conversation going....he seemed very disinterested. Although I felt I answered the questions well, I was not very happy with the overall experience. I was very suprised when I got in with a fellowship.

There are 3 main questions that you will be asked in any interview. If you can convince them on these 3 questions, then you are more or less through -
Why MBA / Why at this point in your career?
Why USC?
What unique attributes/skill sets do you think you will be able to contribute to your team at USC?

Some of the other questions I was asked were -
Leadership Experience / what are the challenges you hae faced as a leader and how have you resloved them?
International Exposure?
Strengths / Weaknesses?
Specific Resume and Essay related questions.

Some trick questions you may want to prepare for are -
What do you think are the challenges India will face in the next 5-10 years (I was asked this in 2 different interviews)?
Who do you admire the most and why?
Tell me about an interesting book you have read recently and what did you find intersting about it?
etc. etc.

Good Luck,

Anurag

Hi Anurag,thanks for your response. Can you please let us know who took your interview and was it a blind interview.

Ved, Sanju it would be great if you could post your interview experience.

Thanks,
mba_justdoit