USC MArshall- Admitted!

Hey guys, I am applying to Marshall in Jan 15 round and I had a few queries.. Could current sudents or applicants please help me with them?

1- Can we do without sending any financial documentation at the time of applying? My financial stuff isn't ready yet, and generally speaking I was planning to bother about this after admits only.

Most other univs didn't have anything regarding financial documentation in the online app, but USC does.

2- Does filling up those fields about how much financing you have from various sources, make you less competitive for schol? I noticed that those fields are non-mandatory. So what have other people done?

3- There is only one "question" for uploading all the essays. Do we have to make a combined PDF file or a ZIP?

Thanks so much,
Best,
Rahul.

Hey guys, I am applying to Marshall in Jan 15 round and I had a few queries.. Could current sudents or applicants please help me with them?

1- Can we do without sending any financial documentation at the time of applying? My financial stuff isn't ready yet, and generally speaking I was planning to bother about this after admits only.

Most other univs didn't have anything regarding financial documentation in the online app, but USC does.

2- Does filling up those fields about how much financing you have from various sources, make you less competitive for schol? I noticed that those fields are non-mandatory. So what have other people done?

3- There is only one "question" for uploading all the essays. Do we have to make a combined PDF file or a ZIP?

Thanks so much,
Best,
Rahul.


hi guys,

just to add to rahul's queries- is there anything that needs to be sent by courier to USC befor the app is considered... I mean official gmat/toefl or transcipt etc... am also looking fwd to R2?

Cheers,
Major

not sure about the first two questions, since i'm also an applicant (and yet waiting to hear from them), but yes for the essays, I put all of them in a doc file and uploaded them.

Hi,
I too am applying to Marshall this year.
I have my essays and all other documentation in place, except for the financials.
I will be using a mix of family funds and loans, but I don't have the loan paperwork in place. Since none of the other schools have asked for them, I planned on working it out once a school confirms, and I see what kind of deal I get (if any)

Is there any way to work around this? because if not, I'll have to push submissions back to the 3rd round.

4 days to deadline..

-SharanT

hey sharan ATB with ur app buddy..
btw i wan to double check with u- is there anything that needs to be sent by courier to USC befor the app is considered... I mean official gmat/toefl or transcipt etc... am also looking fwd to R2?
am still writing my essays..

Hey Major,
i believe they'll need you to courier it to them ASAP.
I used DHL for my other schools, they're good.

-SharanT

'it' means ? what have u sent them dude?

I wouldn't want to risk misinforming you, so.. double check the site.

Undergrad and Postgrad (if any) transcripts
GMAT and TOEFL you have to send through the GMAT and TOEFL company (check their sites)

From USC Marshall Admission Requirements


One set of transcripts from the institution where you earned your undergraduate (bachelor's or first) degree and graduate degree is required. Use the forms provided in your application materials and request that the transcripts be sent directly to you. If your school does not permit transcripts to be returned to you, have the materials sent directly to the University of Southern California. Please have your institution include instructions on how to interpret the transcript and an explanation of its grading system. If the transcript is not in English, you will need to include an English translation.
If you need to send materials by postal mail, use the following address:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
GRADUATE
University Park Campus
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915 If you use a courier service, such as DHL or FedEx, send your materials to this address:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
3601 South Flower Street, Tyler 1


Los Angeles, CA 90089-0911

Hi Sharan,

Thanks for ur input..
i have 1 more v. imp. qn.. is the R2 deadline 11:59 EST or 5 p.m EST.. am still finishing my essays.. can u or someone confirm the time...

Cheers..

Guys, I just submitted my app to USC Marshall for Jan 15 round, and made a terrible mistake !! Am feeling so crappy right now, please help me out..

In the test scores section, we were supposed to upload an unofficial copy of the GMAT scores... I uploaded the score report I had got from GMAC, but I did not remember to remove the page that listed my initial score report recepients. As a result, the pdf uploaded has 3 pages, and on the third page are some institutes in Singapore and Australia (I was not considering a US MBA at that time, I am not considering those now).

How negatively will this impact the adcom's view of my candidacy? Will they see me as a badly focused candidate (applying all over the world or so)? Will it wipe out all the "why Marshall fits me perfectly" stuff I've written?

Please let me know what you think.

Best,
Rahul.

Guys, I just submitted my app to USC Marshall for Jan 15 round, and made a terrible mistake !! Am feeling so crappy right now, please help me out..

In the test scores section, we were supposed to upload an unofficial copy of the GMAT scores... I uploaded the score report I had got from GMAC, but I did not remember to remove the page that listed my initial score report recepients. As a result, the pdf uploaded has 3 pages, and on the third page are some institutes in Singapore and Australia (I was not considering a US MBA at that time, I am not considering those now).

How negatively will this impact the adcom's view of my candidacy? Will they see me as a badly focused candidate (applying all over the world or so)? Will it wipe out all the "why Marshall fits me perfectly" stuff I've written?

Please let me know what you think.

Best,
Rahul.

Hi Rahul,

I have also done the same thing...uploaded my copy of the score as it is..
puys any ideas how this reflects on the application....

Any Admits/dings/interview calls ?

I have been waitlisted! :sad:

jayeeta.bhowal Says
I have been waitlisted! :sad:


Hi Jayeeta,

did u recieve a mail or there is a way to check the status online?

Cheers,
Major

The status is available online. They were uploaded on the 7th.

But Major Dhyanchand, I guess she applied in the earlier round.. you've applied in the Jan round, right? Our results would be out on April 3rd..

Has anyone received interview invites for Jan round yet?

jayeeta.bhowal Says
The status is available online. They were uploaded on the 7th.


Hi Jayeeta

There is till no update on my application.

Did you receive any mail for Marshall subsequent to the submission of your application regarding updates or reviews.??
I am wiaiting for your inputs

Regards
Ankit

Ankit,

My application status was updated only last night (wait list) and I haven't received any mail notification as such. I don't think they are sending any mails to notify when the app status is updated. Furthermore, they seem to be updating the status on a rolling basis.

Junaid

Ankit,

My application status was updated only last night (wait list) and I haven't received any mail notification as such. I don't think they are sending any mails to notify when the app status is updated. Furthermore, they seem to be updating the status on a rolling basis.

Junaid

Hey Junaid

Thanks for the quick response... I have some additional quick questions for you:
1. Which round did you apply to in Marshall??
2. Can you please share your profile?

Thanks and Regards
Ankit

Ankit,

I applied in R1 (December 1).

My profile:
GMAT - 710 QA 49 VA 37 AWA 5.5

2.5 years work-ex at a tech firm in Bangalore. Pure engineering and no onsite experience.

Good ECs and acads.

Junaid