The Bath MBA : Applications, admits & beyond

As I could not find any dedicated thread for The Bath MBA, so I am starting this one, for the aspirants and for those with an admit. I also welcome current students, alumni and others who can contribute and help us/others in the process, intervi…

As I could not find any dedicated thread for The Bath MBA, so I am starting this one, for the aspirants and for those with an admit.
I also welcome current students, alumni and others who can contribute and help us/others in the process, interviews and beyond.

Cheers !:)

As I could not find any dedicated thread for The Bath MBA, so I am starting this one, for the aspirants and for those with an admit.
I also welcome current students, alumni and others who can contribute and help us/others in the process, interviews and beyond.

Cheers !:)

Hi Saurabh,
Do u have an offer from Bath? I have applied mid Jan and awaiting reply.
I do not have a gmat score but with IELTS and 4.5 yrs of work experience, I believe I might have a chance.
I have an unconditional offer from Aston as of now.

Is bath better than Aston .Please comment.

ajaypatil.c Says
Is bath better than Aston .Please comment.

Ajay..plz don't compare any two business schools openly..in the PG forum..its against the rules...previously many others members have been been BANNED from PG..doing so... so be aware...

However..Bath is definitely much highly regarded than Aston..Don't just follow the FT or Economist Rankings...but go through the Times Rankings (UK) for 2010..(just Google it)..Bath comes third in UK..in Business studies..above many other Univs/schools..

ok.Thanks will take care here onwards.Bit confused after looking FT,Economist and Good University rankings.

Bath is located at Swindon which is semi-rular also it doesnt seem to have "triple" thing.Anyways,I'm waiting for my Bath,Lancaster(For MSc ITMOC) decision then will decide accordingly....

Got reject from GLASGOW today.
Select from Nottingham Trent ,Brunel,Aston so far.

Thanks,
Ajay

Saurabh , do you have any info with the Job scene at Bath , is Bath MBA visible in the Indian Industry ?

balajinambi Says
Saurabh , do you have any info with the Job scene at Bath , is Bath MBA visible in the Indian Industry ?

See..there are no placements offered in UK schools..except the top 3..LBS, Oxbridge..so Bath(a tier-2 b-school) is no special.

However..the career services are really good & u can try your luck for the jobs. The Bath MBA is not very much known by the Indian employers. I'm in contact with many Bath alumni..& this is the picture that they have given..

But the Bath University is highly regarded in UK & is ranked 3rd in Business studies by Times rankings..so these are good reasons to select Bath are..
1. Strong reputation by the employers in UK
2. Small class size
3. Good career services
4. Very strong in Marketing (5th in the world)
5. Located in a small place..so lesser cost of living
6. Very competetive tuition fees (19k GBP)
7. Good cohort..with high work-exp..which gives an excellent opportunity to learn..the practical aspects of corporate business.
8. Working on AACSB accreditation, so its likely to get the Triple crown (AMBA, EQUIS & AACSB)-This information is given by the alumni.

So..dear if u get into Bath..its really worth considering. However if your plans are to come back to India..immediately after your MBA..then consider Tier-I schools only..otherwise try to work there..gain some international experience..& then return back...definitely you're likely to get your dream job...
Cheers.

hiiii...
i have 8 mnths work ex. and hav not given gmat.
can u tell me which all universities in uk can i apply in.?

hiiii...
i have 8 mnths work ex. and hav not given gmat.
can u tell me which all universities in uk can i apply in.?

Sumit,Why an attire for UK MBA..with no international reputation ? You'll not find 'any' ranked UK b-school..who take take u..with just 8mths of exp..Dear since u've prepared for CAT..so u might get a good score in GMAT..so write it out..anyways the score is valid till 5 yrs..& in the meantime get some good work-ex & prepare well for your application (essays, ECs etc) I'm sure that u'll land in some very good schools..Plz go thru this...with the options u have..if still u want to get into a good schoolhttp://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/top-2-tier-uk-b-schools2010-applications-beyond-25047738 the best.Cheerz.

Hi Dr ,

Thank you for sharing your insight .

What is ur status are you applying for BATH ?

I am keen on specializing in Marketing !

thnx saurabh.......
i want to do mba dis year only. location doesnt matter ..
can u plz tell me abt other universities in which i can apply widout gmat.

thnx saurabh.......
i want to do mba dis year only. location doesnt matter ..
can u plz tell me abt other universities in which i can apply widout gmat.

Sumit,This is a dedicated thread for the Bath MBA..so these queries are not meant for this thread..& secondly do some homework by your own..select the schools & then do ask puys..to assist u..amongst those schools.The dedicated thread in pagalguy forum..for your queries is this..http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956 request the moderators and all..to kindly check the thread..before posting..Thx.
Hi Dr ,

Thank you for sharing your insight .

What is ur status are you applying for BATH ?

I am keen on specializing in Marketing !

Hello Balaji & All,

So,
How many of you have FINALISED for the Bath 2010?
Final admits and those DECIDED for the Bath MBA ride ?

Regards,
Saurabh.
Dr Saurabh Says
Sumit,Why an attire for UK MBA..with no international reputation ? You'll not find 'any' ranked UK b-school..who take take u..with just 8mths of exp..Dear since u've prepared for CAT..so u might get a good score in GMAT..so write it out..anyways the score is valid till 5 yrs..& in the meantime get some good work-ex & prepare well for your application (essays, ECs etc) I'm sure that u'll land in some very good schools..Plz go thru this...with the options u have..if still u want to get into a good schoolhttp://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/top-2-tier-uk-b-schools2010-applications-beyond-25047738 the best.Cheerz.

Hey I have 16 months of work experience till date and will gain around 25 months of work by Aug 2011. I have scored 620 in gmat and 107 in toefl ibt. I have a 7.54/10 GPA in engineering(from NIT Jalandhar) and have good extra curricular record. Do you think I should apply to Bath for the 2011 intake for an MBA? What are my chances?
sagargarg87 Says
Hey I have 16 months of work experience till date and will gain around 25 months of work by Aug 2011. I have scored 620 in gmat and 107 in toefl ibt. I have a 7.54/10 GPA in engineering(from NIT Jalandhar) and have good extra curricular record. Do you think I should apply to Bath for the 2011 intake for an MBA? What are my chances?

Hi Sagargarg87,

Yaar.. If you wish to apply then go ahead.. but Practically speaking.. There is 'No Point' in applying for Bath MBA.. with less than 4 yrs of experience.. It gives max preference to the Experienced guys.. I know guys who are studying there (Current batch) with 15yrs of Work-Ex.

And to be precise.. with such a less experience.. you will not be able to apply to 'ANY' of the Ranked UK b-schools.. as they ask for a Mandatory requirement of Min 3 yrs of Work-ex (In a Managerial position).. after passing your Graduation. And studying MBA from a Non-ranked UK b-school.. is a wastage of Time, Money & Career.

Secondly.. keep that in mind.. that you are supposed to Calculate your work-ex only at the time of applying.. & not at the time of joining.. so keep it as 16 months only.

The Best option for you would be.. to apply at some good ranked UK B-schools(Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick, Lancaster, Manchester, Cass & Cranfield) for their Master's/M.Sc courses.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

-Saurabh.
Hi Sagargarg87,

Yaar.. If you wish to apply then go ahead.. but Practically speaking.. There is 'No Point' in applying for Bath MBA.. with less than 4 yrs of experience.. It gives max preference to the Experienced guys.. I know guys who are studying there (Current batch) with 15yrs of Work-Ex.

And to be precise.. with such a less experience.. you will not be able to apply to 'ANY' of the Ranked UK b-schools.. as they ask for a Mandatory requirement of Min 3 yrs of Work-ex (In a Managerial position).. after passing your Graduation. And studying MBA from a Non-ranked UK b-school.. is a wastage of Time, Money & Career.

Secondly.. keep that in mind.. that you are supposed to Calculate your work-ex only at the time of applying.. & not at the time of joining.. so keep it as 16 months only.

The Best option for you would be.. to apply at some good ranked UK B-schools(Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick, Lancaster, Manchester, Cass & Cranfield) for their Master's/M.Sc courses.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

-Saurabh.

Thanks saurabh but truly speaking I do not have much knowledge about the MSc programs and how are the job prospects after that degree. I feel that it is not well recognized in India but can't say about Europe and the profiles offered to graduates with a MSc degree. What about other B schools in Europe as IESE and Esade who have a minimum eligibility criteria of 2 years and i am eligible. Do you think I stand a chance. And can you tell me more about you.
sagargarg87 Says
Thanks saurabh but truly speaking I do not have much knowledge about the MSc programs and how are the job prospects after that degree. I feel that it is not well recognized in India but can't say about Europe and the profiles offered to graduates with a MSc degree. What about other B schools in Europe as IESE and Esade who have a minimum eligibility criteria of 2 years and i am eligible. Do you think I stand a chance. And can you tell me more about you.

What is your Post-MBA goal? If you want to come back to India.. after your MBA.. then a Foreign MBA would not be a wise decision.. because of the ROI factor.

My opinion is that.. even if you do Master's/M.Sc management courses from these top UK/EU b-schools.. then also they have a good 'Brand-Value' and excellent Placement statistics.

And for any school.. which says that their min required work-ex is 2 yrs.. & if you have 2 ys.. at the time of application.. then you can give a shot.. no harm in doing so.. but I think that if your Work-ex is on the lower side..then your GMAT should be in the 690-700+ range.. + Excellent Recommendations & essays.

If you are looking for EU schools.. then these top schools are worth trying/applying (Check their min requirements for MBA/M.Sc courses)
1. Insead
2. IMD
3. RSM
4. IE
5. IESE
6. HEC

I am : 29/M/Dr/5.5yrs.
What is your Post-MBA goal? If you want to come back to India.. after your MBA.. then a Foreign MBA would not be a wise decision.. because of the ROI factor.

My opinion is that.. even if you do Master's/M.Sc management courses from these top UK/EU b-schools.. then also they have a good 'Brand-Value' and excellent Placement statistics.

And for any school.. which says that their min required work-ex is 2 yrs.. & if you have 2 ys.. at the time of application.. then you can give a shot.. no harm in doing so.. but I think that if your Work-ex is on the lower side..then your GMAT should be in the 690-700+ range.. + Excellent Recommendations & essays.

If you are looking for EU schools.. then these top schools are worth trying/applying (Check their min requirements for MBA/M.Sc courses)
1. Insead
2. IMD
3. RSM
4. IE
5. IESE
6. HEC

I am : 29/M/Dr/5.5yrs.

Hi All,

I want to start this thread again for Bath MBA admission.
Did any body got the admission.
Do anybody know career prospectus after doing MBA , I want to know in terms of Job opportunities???

hi Ajat

I hav got admit to Bath and have accepted their Offer..90% of the students are said to have found employment within 3 months of graduation..hav u got admissions ?

- KK