Phoren B-school Assistance Desk

5,452 Posts  ·  2,576 Users
About this group
Hie guys, We are starting this thread to _*cater to any generic queries related to B-schools abroad*_. You will also have veterans answer to your queries out here on the thread. Also, merging all relevant threads with this one. * * G...
Page 1 of 546

GMAT official guide 2018, Official quantitative review 2018 and official verbal review 2018 - all for sale in PDF format at a very nominal price.  If interested, please inbox me 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

I would like to receive an evaluation of profile. 

Details - work Experience : 2 years 8 months at Mobile Web application developer in an MNC, (left company 2 days back )  , College : National Institute of technology , Warangal, CGPA - 6.59 ,  Did freelancing for teaching softskills , and teaching students in physics . Now am unemployed at the moment, Exptected GMAT score 700 to 720 , Can you suggest me ways to improve my profile as i got only 9 months in hand. and suggestions for which colleges to aim ; as I like colleges such as ISB and INSEAD. (planning on finance or marketing).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Team! 

I would appreciate it if you could provide an honest evaluation of my profile. My details are as follows:

Work Experience: 3 years as a Website and Mobile Application Developer

Employment Status: Unemployed since March 2016 (9 months). 

About Me: I am a skilled Computer Science graduate seeking to transition to the Marketing sector, specifically into the Brand/Product Management concentration. I left my job in March this year due to my mother's illness. She is better now and hence I feel I can get back to graduate school to enable my career transition. I have secured a Digital Marketing Internship which will commence in Jan 2017. I hope to leverage this experience as I apply to schools in Europe in Feb 2017.

My target schools for MS in Marketing are ESADE and EADA. 

I felt I would be better suited for a Master in Marketing degree rather than the MBA since I don't have much work experience in the Marketing sector. I look forward to your insight. 

1 comment
ISBmantra.com
@ISBmantra.com  ·  2,237 karma

good programs @AnkNaik2017 ! Your chances of making it to these programs are also pretty high. If you want to take good learning and come back to India, no probs. Chances of getting a job there would remain minimal. 

All the Best!

EssaySunday Consulting / ISBmantra

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI team , 

please evaluate my profile and suggest the suitable colleges for 2017 fall . 10th:97% 12th:96% undergraduate:9.47 cgpa. Qualification B.E electronics and instrumentation from SASTRA university . GMAT score :670 Toefl yet to give .Work ex : 3.5  years @ BROADCOM as a vlsi engineer .  Looking for Mba at U.S or Singapore For 2017 fall . kindly suggest me colleges that i am suitable for and can convert 

1 comment
Mba0105
@Mba0105  ·  0 karma

gmat score :670 toefl yet to give 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Team,  Please evaluate my profile as under:  10th: 88% 12th: 96.7% Graduation:8.89 CGPA Qualification: B.Tech., Electronics and communication from VIT University Work-experience: 3+ years by the time  September '17 fall batches start. Have been working with Cisco as a network engineer. GMAT : 750 TOEFL(yet to take). Expected score: 100+ Please let me know how my profile looks like, and what additional thing that need to be added and some of the schools i can aim at. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, all GMAT aspirants from Kolkata can discuss interview strategies on this thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-interview-prep-group-kolkata-based-34497976

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

Just a short summary of my resume:

I am a CA, FRM and CFA level 3 candidate (positive result expected in Aug15). Currently, I am working with a big4 consulting firm as a financial due diligence professional (expect to get promoted in Oct15). Total post CA qualification workex of more than 3.5 years (2.5 years in current firm and 1 year in a small equity research firm). In addition, I did my CA internship from PWC (another Big4) and the same was post graduation. (I expect Adcoms to consider it. Therefore, including internship, a total workex of 6.5 years at the moment). No great extra-curriculars worth mentioning.

I will be sitting for GMAT this year and targeting  a score in the range of 710 to 730.

I wish to start my MBA in finance in 2016 with a specialization in corporate finance. I am looking for courses that have a tenure of 1 to 1.5 years.

I have 2 requests:

1. Kindly evaluate my profile

2. Kindly suggest which colleges I must target (would be helpful if we could categorize colleges into (a) Asia and (b) US and other countries)

Thanks !!!

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
blackwood
@blackwood  ·  0 karma

Thanks for the prompt reply Mansie ! I will sure have a look at the schools.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  599 karma

@blackwood

Hi, Your profile seems too good. You can look at schools like NUS ,NTU, SMU, Chicago Booth, Boston University, Rochestor Simon, Ohio Sate University etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, 

Please evaluate my profile as under: 

10th: 92.6%

12th: 89.6%

Graduation: 7.78 CGPA

Qualification: B.Tech. , Computer Engg from NIT Jaipur

Work-experience: 3+ years by the time  September '16 fall batches start. Worked in tech consulting role with Deloitte and currently in Microsoft with similar work profile.

GMAT (yet to take). Expected score: 680-730

TOEFL(yet to take). Expected score: 100+

Institutes I am targetting: HEC Paris , NUS Singapore, HKUST, Booth,Northwestern University, ISB Hyderabad, SPJIMR.

Preferable domain: Marketing (brand management) / Strategy Consulting (IT) 

Financial Condition: Seek loan/ scholarship from schools. Intending to stay abroad for 4-5 years at least.

Please let me know how my profile looks like, and what are the things that I need to take care of, the schools that I should consider etc. I have been preparing for GMAT for over a month now, and would be taking the test by end of August '15.

1 comment
ThePrincetonReview

@cooljishi

Hi, your profile seems to be good dear. But would like to bring to your notice that NUS, NTU, Booth and HEC Paris will be bit competitive as they generally accept applications with 5 years of experience on an average. I would rather suggest you to go for a 2 year program and apply to b schools like Wisconsin Madison, Kelley etc. Visit our Website for more info: http://www.manyagroup.com/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I understand many schools do not accept a 3 year undergrad (15 year study) as valid for admission. Would want to know the top international colleges that do accept the same - Kindly help with a list of schools if available. GMAT score target 730+

1 comment
ThePrincetonReview
@gauravpansari

Hi Gaurav, most of the top B schools accept 15 years of education. In USA B schools like Harvard, Stanford,Yale, Wharton etc.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am currently pursuing my MS in Industrial & Systems Engineering with full scholarship in one of the middle-tier institutes in the US. I am a Chemical Engineer as well from one of the top non-IIT institutes in India. Prior to coming here in the US for my Masters,I have had 3 years of project management experience in the oil & gas sector (projects were construction of refineries & utility plants) in India.

I am a Lean Six Sigma Green belt certified by ASQ and I am planning to go ahead with CSCP certification by the end of May 2016. I intend to have a career in SCM or Process Improvement in the short-term and get into Management consulting in the long-term(around 5 years time).

I have decent extra-curriculars in my Bachelors and have excellent ones in my Masters till now. I especially hold quite a few leadership roles in my current university in the US. My GRE score (May'11) is 326.TOEFL was 115 but needs to be given again since its valid only for 2 years.

I would like to do an MBA but I am not sure when and how to approach the plan. The best thing would be to get a job in the US, work for a couple of years and then get into a MBA program. However, I was exploring the option of going back to India, start working there and get into programs like the executive ones in the IIMs or ISB subsequently. How do you guys see this plan? How about applying to ISB immediately after going back to India? Anybody here has that kind of experience?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

The night is darkest just before dawn.
1 comment
ThePrincetonReview

@pikz

Your profile seems good. My suggestion would be that you should work in the US for a couple of year and then apply for MBA.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...