Top 2-Tier UK B-Schools:2010 Applications & Beyond

701 Posts  ·  147 Users
About this group
Hi friends, I am starting a new thread for the aspirants, seeking for admissions in the Internationally recognised, Top 2-Tier B-Schools in UK, the Stathclyde, Durham, Leeds, Bradford, Aston, Bath, Edinburgh, etc. There have been some useful ...
Page 1 of 71

@Dr_Saurabh

Hi friends, I am starting a new thread for the aspirants, seeking for admissions in the Internationally recognised, Top 2-Tier B-Schools in UK, the Stathclyde, Durham, Leeds, Bradford, Aston, Bath, Edinburgh, etc. There have been some useful threads in PG, for these B-schools, in the previous years. This forum might give us, an opportunity and a great platform, to discuss the application, interview, admissions, scholarships, loans & further joining these reputed B-schools. I welcome all the fellow PGs, aspirants and the current students/alumni to share there experiences and guide us to get admission into these ranked Global MBA pragrams. Cheers :thumbsup: Saurabh.

Dear Saurabh,

I got an admit from the below universities and I am totally wrecking my nerves to make the final decision:

Program: Masters in Supply Chain Management

List of colleges (in order of my Preference)

1. Vienna University (Austria) - Status: Waiting List 7 (Tution fee is almost nil, Ranked 1 by Best-masters for this course)

2. Rotterdam School of Mgt (Netherlands) - Status: Offer

3. University College Dublin (Ireland) - Status: Offer

4. Manchester Business School (UK) - Status: offer

Pls help me with your feedback and opinion on deciding the University, which I shud be finally going for.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

My profile:

SSC: 48%

HSC: 72%

T.Y.B.Com: 46 %(Mumbai Univ)

Studied in English language

I am from Mumbai. Working from age 11.

My work ex:

6 yrs in Sales & Marketing

I am looking out to do an MBA in Marketing in UK. Please suggest me some good MBA colleges in UK as per my profile. I will apply for loan accordingly but I need only IELTS accepting colleges as i dont want to take GMAT.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi sumit n all,i wanted to ask you about the undergraduate program that hult offers i.e B.I.B.A (bachelors in international business administration).....
-do they have any placement?
(i saw there brocher but they have not mentioned clearly about the placements, its just written hults graduates work in this andn this companies.....)
Moreover the college in which i study (first year bba in mumbai) offers me a program i.e to study in mumbai for 2years and then i ll b transferred to hult international business school, London for 1year where i ll complete my bachelors and get a degree of B.I.B.A.
-my question is...
-do hults, london have placements for bachelors graduates?
-the main reason, why i am confused is... i have heard that international students are not allowed to work in uk after there studies, if the program ends before 11 months. So is that true?
-And i even came to know that there is recession going on in uk..... So please can you tell me is it true??
........last but not the least..... talking about my financial condition, my dad is going to finance my studies,so if i go for this program, (cost $23000) at the end of my graduation my dad ll b having no money to finance my masters (MBA), for which its very essential for me to work and earn for my masters......
-So please any one guide me whether to go for this scheme in such conditions (if true) or shall i reserve my money for my masters and get a bachelors degree of mumbai university??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Saurabh,

I have got an unconditional offer to MBA in university of sheffield. Just wanted to know your thoughts on that.and it would be great if you can make some suggestions on the other business scholls in UK where I can have a better job prospectus.

Regards
Barath

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

Here's my status for MBA -

1. Unconditional Admit from Lancaster MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
2. Unconditional Admit from Leeds MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
3. Conditional Admit from Sheffield MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
4. Unconditional Admit from Vlerick MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
5. Unconditional Admit from Durham MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
6. Edinburgh MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
7. Conditional Admit from Strathclyde MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
8. Oxford MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - To Apply
9. Cambridge MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - To Apply

Here's my status for MSc -

1. Unconditional Admit from Cranfield (Strategic Marketing) (Full Time) 2010/11
2. Unconditional Admit from Warwick (ISM) (Full Time) 2010/11
3. Conditional Admit from Strathclyde (BITS) (Full Time) 2010/11
4. LSE (ADMIS + Strategic Management) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
5. Lancaster (ITMOC) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
6. Manchester (ITGC) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress

If anybody else has got through to any of these Colleges / Courses, let's team up for preparations to land up in the UK ....

Regards,
Lovejoy Kiljoy

Hi lovejoy.. Congrats dude on getting through so many universities.. Even I have applied for most of them a week back and waiting for there reply... Did you have telephonic interviews or what kind of interview did you have ?
And I also wanted know how good is Nottingham business School... Any ideas folks??
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi lovejoy.. Congrats dude on getting through so many universities.. Even I have applied for most of them a week back and waiting for there reply... Did you have telephonic interviews or what kind of interview did you have ?
And I also wanted know how good is Nottingham business School... Any ideas folks??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys,

Pls go through this link to understand the current job scenario and make right decision before you take up an MBA in UK

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/oxford-said-cambridge-judge-mba-2012-applicants-admits-25070720

Regards,
IdiotIIM.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,

I wish to apply to UK MBA programs for 2012 intake . I was curious to know from ppl who have recently accepted admits / alums from various B - schools in UK on whether the current UK VISA rules is making job search for Indians post MBA difficult in UK ? I came across few articles like the one below -

UK visa curbs will hit Indian MBA students - Economic Times

I am looking forward to do MBA from UK Bschool.can any1 tell me whic one is better among strathclyde,durham,edenburg,brimingham,leeds?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

I wish to apply to UK MBA programs for 2012 intake . I was curious to know from ppl who have recently accepted admits / alums from various B - schools in UK on whether the current UK VISA rules is making job search for Indians post MBA difficult in UK ? I came across few articles like the one below -

UK visa curbs will hit Indian MBA students - Economic Times

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I have also recieved offer from ABS and will be joining ABS MBA in sep 2011.
Kindly let me know who all will be travelling in sep to Birmingham ?

Regards,
Colorblu

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...