ISB 2008-2009 Selected for Interview

mine is day after tomorrow. Will post experience here asap. Now I am nervous 😁

goldberg23684 Says
mine is day after tomorrow. Will post experience here asap. Now I am nervous :D

Dont worry mate...
u'll do well..just give it ur best shot.....All the best !!

My best wishes to everyone. This commences one of the most important phase of life for lot of us. The excitement and the nervousness reflects from the build up in the forum.

Why is that no one has yet shared their Interview experiences :wow:
It has been almost day and half of interviews at Pune/Chennai and today even the Calcutta batch of interviews started.

Is it that the ISB interviewers are blasting the candidates and making them go back dejected (I hope not) or it is a mere co-incidence that no one has been able to share their experiences.......

Waiting for the "early birds" to get the "worms" (read - blessings/gratitude from all of us on this forum who are waiting to hear from the experienced candidates)

Why is that no one has yet shared their Interview experiences :wow:
It has been almost day and half of interviews at Pune/Chennai and today even the Calcutta batch of interviews started.

Is it that the ISB interviewers are blasting the candidates and making them go back dejected (I hope not) or it is a mere co-incidence that no one has been able to share their experiences.......

Waiting for the "early birds" to get the "worms" (read - blessings/gratitude from all of us on this forum who are waiting to hear from the experienced candidates)


By the looks of it, I am going to be the first person who is going to be posting his interview experience. I better get a lot of karma points for that! 😁
Shruti....

have you been selected for interview...if yes...which city? when is ur interview......


My profile's been posted on this thread boss!
Its Mumbai - 15th Nov...

Hey Goldberg,

All the best!!! Hope you do very well indeed!!

Cheers!
Shruti

Hey Guys,

I am having problem with ISB interview data. Intially my interview was scheduled on 31st at delhi, but due to a sudden US trip i had to reschedule and the new slot i got is on 7th Nov in Hyderabad. Now thats kind of a problem, i had a great trip planned for diwali vacation and i really do not want to cancel it as i have planning to for a year.

I tried to reschedule again without any success. Please tell me is it worthwhile to reschedule the interview for 2nd round interview dates. Is chances of getting admit in 2nd round are less or chances are equal are both the rounds? or shall i cancel my trip.

Hey Guys,

I am having problem with ISB interview data. Intially my interview was scheduled on 31st at delhi, but due to a sudden US trip i had to reschedule and the new slot i got is on 7th Nov in Hyderabad. Now thats kind of a problem, i had a great trip planned for diwali vacation and i really do not want to cancel it as i have planning to for a year.

I tried to reschedule again without any success. Please tell me is it worthwhile to reschedule the interview for 2nd round interview dates. Is chances of getting admit in 2nd round are less or chances are equal are both the rounds? or shall i cancel my trip.

hi sumitkg,

i think you are pushing a bit too much...you already have got it rescheduled once...
by the way is there a way you can reschedule it for the second round ??

I think that should not be an issue. Though I do not know for sure.


hi sumitkg,

i think you are pushing a bit too much...you already have got it rescheduled once...
by the way is there a way you can reschedule it for the second round ??
goldberg23684 Says
By the looks of it, I am going to be the first person who is going to be posting his interview experience. I better get a lot of karma points for that! :D


goldberg,

howd it go ?

please do post ur experience here. may be tomo.. u may want to relax today after the daunting task !!!
goldberg,

howd it go ?

please do post ur experience here. may be tomo.. u may want to relax today after the daunting task !!!


This is the problem with too many threads! I have posted it in the ISB 2008 interviews thread!!

But I guess I will post it here as well:

I cannot believe I am the first person here to be posting his interview experience Like I said before, I hope this brings me good Karma Points!

Anyway, had my interview today at Chennai. Was extremely peaceful. There was three people there- the dean of admissions, one alumnus and one other person.

1) They started off by asking me about Indian sports and our chances at next year's Olympic games. (I run a sports website). I answered that and told them what I felt our chances were. Also spoke about womens boxing and how it could help us in 2012 (if it is introduced)

2) Tell us something about yourself that is not there in the essays/resume. I was stumped so I told them I am reading a book on Indian democracy. We spoke about books and about Indian democracy and our achievements for a couple of minutes.

3) Then came the work bit- I was asked to estimate the market size for couple of products in the retail industry. More than the final answer they were looking for the way I approached the problem. I did this and seemed to come up with a pretty low number which I justified saying that the retail market in India is largely unorganized. I don't want to look back at it cause I may have made a couple of mistakes!

4) Couple of questions about acquisitions ( i had done some due diligence for the same) the alumnus asked me what are the most important factors which go into deciding acquisitions. I answered this (think I didn't answer it to the best of my ability) Then he asked me about Ebay and Skype and whether Skype was overvalued. I answered that. The funny bit came, when he started using words like Ebay's arbitrage- i looked him and said, I cant comment on that!

5) Finally, why MBA, why ISB- the usual suspects but came much later than expected.

6) Do you have any questions for us. Asked them a couple of questions and they answered it well.

All in all, a really peaceful interview. I don't have any other words. I could have said some things differently but in hindsight, i think everything is there in the essays and frankly, they read those essays well!

Hi goldberg,

I did go through your interview experience post (posted on the other thread for ISB). Thanks for the details and all the best for the final selection.

I have mine scheduled for October 31. It is a telephonic one, and I believe there must be at least a couple of areas where the two interview modes differ.

Could someone throw some light on how would a telephonic interview go? Has anyone been through a telephonic interview for R1 (2008-2009 batch) yet?


Regards

This is the problem with too many threads! I have posted it in the ISB 2008 interviews thread!!

But I guess I will post it here as well:

I cannot believe I am the first person here to be posting his interview experience Like I said before, I hope this brings me good Karma Points!

Anyway, had my interview today at Chennai. Was extremely peaceful. There was three people there- the dean of admissions, one alumnus and one other person.

1) They started off by asking me about Indian sports and our chances at next year's Olympic games. (I run a sports website). I answered that and told them what I felt our chances were. Also spoke about womens boxing and how it could help us in 2012 (if it is introduced)

2) Tell us something about yourself that is not there in the essays/resume. I was stumped so I told them I am reading a book on Indian democracy. We spoke about books and about Indian democracy and our achievements for a couple of minutes.

3) Then came the work bit- I was asked to estimate the market size for couple of products in the retail industry. More than the final answer they were looking for the way I approached the problem. I did this and seemed to come up with a pretty low number which I justified saying that the retail market in India is largely unorganized. I don't want to look back at it cause I may have made a couple of mistakes!

4) Couple of questions about acquisitions ( i had done some due diligence for the same) the alumnus asked me what are the most important factors which go into deciding acquisitions. I answered this (think I didn't answer it to the best of my ability) Then he asked me about Ebay and Skype and whether Skype was overvalued. I answered that. The funny bit came, when he started using words like Ebay's arbitrage- i looked him and said, I cant comment on that!

5) Finally, why MBA, why ISB- the usual suspects but came much later than expected.

6) Do you have any questions for us. Asked them a couple of questions and they answered it well.

All in all, a really peaceful interview. I don't have any other words. I could have said some things differently but in hindsight, i think everything is there in the essays and frankly, they read those essays well!



goldberg,

thanks for the update! and sorry i dint check the other threads.

Hey Goldberg!

Thanks for posting ur experience.... Much appreciated!
All the best!! Let us know wen u get the wonderful mail :)

Cheers!
Shruti

dear all ISB aspirants,

i once again ( as others have requested in various forums incl. this one) request all having finished their interview to post their exp. as i will help others waiting to go.

pl. help

regards

Rahul

Hey that is very nice of u to post your interview experience...thanx alot for that..my interview is inMumbai..so still quite some time...

Hi,

I mucked up my interview one big time which I gave it today. I drove from office to home to call ISB for interview and witnessed a very bad accident just couple of meters from my home and was shaken out of my shoes. I think, I was too much in a shock/trance to give an interview and blabbered the entire interview. But I can not change anything now.

Here are the details: 3 people are in panel. Hema, Kannan, and Menon.

The questions:

1. They gave me a word and one minute to think about it and talk. I think it is replacement for 100 words essay of personal interview candidates.
2. Where are you calling from?
3. How many Mercedes Benz cars are on German roads (I am from Germany)? I made a wild guess, but asked about wild guesses and I do not remember what I answered.
4. Business question: Given a video game product of 1000$, how would you sell it to Germans?
5. What are your post MBA plans?
6. Where do you go for cycling? (one of my hobby)
7. What was my experience with Israeli security officers (I wrote it somewhere in my essays)?

After that Hema asked me if I have any questions for them. I told them I visited ISB in this August and all my questions are answered at that time. I actually visited ISB in September and that shows my state of mind πŸ˜‰

The interview lasted for 20 minutes and I think it ended quite abruptly. I guess I burned their ears with my blabbering. Remarkably I remembered all the questions :-).

Now I am putting it behind and getting back to work. Good luck to rest of you folks.

Cheers,
Samatha

Hey Goldberg!

Thanks for posting ur experience.... Much appreciated!
All the best!! Let us know wen u get the wonderful mail :)

Cheers!
Shruti


How I hope! And good look for your interview!

hi,

can someone throw some light on what should be the dress code for the 'she' candidates?

should it be a saree/western formals/salwar/business suit?

Cheers,
Aditi

has anybody from a non-IT background received an int. call (I think there was a medical professional who did.. but besides that?)