ISB 2008-2009 Selected for Interview

Hello People,

Which documents are you people carrying along for the interview?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks

hi,

can someone throw some light on what should be the dress code for the 'she' candidates?

should it be a saree/western formals/salwar/business suit?

Cheers,
Aditi

Any of these should be fine. Just ensure you are really comfortable in what u r wearing.
Hello People,

Which documents are you people carrying along for the interview?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks

have light file and carry a copy of your application printout and most important certificates. These are not checked usually, but they may come handy.
bornforyou Says
have light file and carry a copy of your application printout and most important certificates. These are not checked usually, but they may come handy.


Thanks a lot buddy, so I basically carry the same documents which I had scanned and sent to ISB with my application

Hi Guys,

I have posted my ISB interview experience here

Bornloser

any idea about the number of calls that have been given in Round 1?

Guys.. Any interview experience update from Delhi Candidates ?

chet321 Says
Thanks a lot buddy, so I basically carry the same documents which I had scanned and sent to ISB with my application

Yup. That will do.

Hi All,

I had my interview (telephonic) today. Here is the summary.

I called up exactly at the designated time.

1. General introduction in the beginning. Asked me where I was calling from.
2. Gave me a word to speak about for a couple of minutes.
3. Started with a discussion of my resume. I went through the educational background and the companies I worked for, why I made the switch, etc.
4. A brief discussion over my present location.
5. Brief discussion over Yoga (I had mentioned in the application that I practice Yoga).
6. Some concern about my salary. Explained them that as per the cost of living, it is much above the national average and has potential for good saving.
7. What made me switch from retail garments business to IT (mentioned in the part-time experience). Told them it is my family business.
8. How is the team in my current office? Any issues I faced while managing a team?
9. How would I choose a team?
10. What profile after ISB? Any dream employers post-ISB?
11. Any questions I had.

Overall, the interviewers had a very calming effect throughout. No stress, no counter-questioning, no hurrying. Very professional!

Fingers crossed in anticipation. Good luck to everyone else.

Regards

Any idea as to how long does it take for the interview decision to arrive?

Regards

i would also like to know ... how much time does ISB takes to come out with the results and also whether the results for all the candidates (international and national) will be announced simultaneously?

Lunatic911 Says
i would also like to know ... how much time does ISB takes to come out with the results and also whether the results for all the candidates (international and national) will be announced simultaneously?

The website says 15th Dec for all applicants.
But the website also said that Interview calls will be sent out just a week prior to the Interview.
So we might be in for suprises with Interview descisions too...

luck to all of us...

hello BFY,

I have been waitlisted in round 1, any idea when I could be getting a response?

hello BFY,

I have been waitlisted in round 1, any idea when I could be getting a response?

My guess is that you will get to know along with R2 interview call announcements.

Hey Tech 2, when did your interview take place? And in how many days did the decision arrive?

B4U - looking to find out how many days do they take to give a decision.

hello BFY,

I have been waitlisted in round 1, any idea when I could be getting a response?

Guys - here you go...

Interviewed today in Delhi.

Given a word to write about.... can be different for different people. Used 100 words approx.

Panel of 3, very pleasent.
Asked question about my current role
My previous jobs, learning in the jobs
About Industry
My understanding of Leadership
What I do outside work... elaboration
Any thing outstanding about me... that I would want to mention...


About 25 - 30 mins. Like I said very pleasent.

Hey Tech 2, when did your interview take place? And in how many days did the decision arrive?

B4U - looking to find out how many days do they take to give a decision.

ISB usually sticks to the schedule mentioned in the website. But since R2 results last year(came 1 week early), adcom has been meeting deadlines early (Anyhow...It will never be more than 1 week or 10 days ahead of schedule). But one thing, results will be announced only after all the interviews for a round are complete.

I had my telephonic interview finished about an hour and a half back. Based on how I had projected myself in the application, I was expecting a stress interview, but it went quite smoothly. This is contrary to my IIM-A experience, where I expected general chit chat, but came out roasted and grilled.

Panel had three members. I was given a topic to speak on for a minute. Time was given to think over it and then start speaking. Then we spent some time talking about the things mentioned in my application as areas of interest and how I use them in professional life. We also talked about my professional experience. Scenarios from work life and how I managed those issues, managing teams, managing individuals, challenges faced in offshore-onsite model etc. One question was asked about a person I had quoted in the knighthood essay. We also talked about my post ISB goals (this was expected because I wasn't able to bring out my career objectives or reason for MBA in the essays)

There was no question on estimating the market size.

The panel was very professional and they kept the session amicable. I came out with a neutral feeling about the session. Overall, it went for 25 minutes, including the 5 minutes that were spent on my questions in the end. So basically the interview panel got what they wanted to see in 20 mins. Whether I fit in the desired profiles, I guess, will get to know by Dec 15 only.

rgds,


PS:
Personally I do not think that starting this thread was a good idea, when one thread for the entire admission process for this year, already existed. Having entire information at one place would have made it easily accessible to applicants this year and also next year. Now the info is scattered and requires more effort for information contributors as well as seekers.

Friends,

I have a question regarding market size and related questions.
In such questions like the number of pencils sold in a year in India, benz cars in Germany etc, there needs to be some data to start off with. I clearly understand that the panel is looking at the way you arrive at the final answer. However are we supposed to know some data to start off with or can we assume some vague number and start off.

Few figures like:
% of population in India below 10.
% of youth (this is easy to find...thanks to the magazines)

Like for example, I have no clue about the population of germany. In such a case, can I assume some number ans show them the way I arrive at the answer, or does the panel account to deduction of such figures also to your abilities?

Hi Guys,
A late entrant into this thread.
I too have an ISB interview scheduled tomorrow - 6th Nov @ ISB Campus.
Will post the interview details tom.

My profile:
GMAT - 700 (Q49, V35, 5.5)
Work Ex - 3 yrs 2 months (As of today)
Indian IT MALE - Working in a top US Based IT Product Dev company.
Acads - Very Good, undergrad engg college - OK
Extra-Curriculars - Decent.

Lets see...

Friends,

I have a question regarding market size and related questions.
In such questions like the number of pencils sold in a year in India, benz cars in Germany etc, there needs to be some data to start off with. I clearly understand that the panel is looking at the way you arrive at the final answer. However are we supposed to know some data to start off with or can we assume some vague number and start off.

Few figures like:
% of population in India below 10.
% of youth (this is easy to find...thanks to the magazines)

Like for example, I have no clue about the population of germany. In such a case, can I assume some number ans show them the way I arrive at the answer, or does the panel account to deduction of such figures also to your abilities?


From personal experience, they are just looking for the way you approach the problem and at the same time how much common sense you can use. You don't necessarily need to know the % of population below 10 (it maybe say 7.5%) but obviously you cant take a percentage say 40%!

So essentially, start off by defining who the users of the product are, then work your way up. for example, for pencils- it has to be both kids and engineering students. But then they aren't the only users. Even adults use pencils but not as much as kids do. So you need to factor this in as well. And kids are going to keep breaking/losing pencils, so each one will have 2 or 3 pencils at a time. Just assume logically.

Again for the German example, you can start off by assuming Germany has a population of 60 million. ( it could be 70 million for all I know but I know Europe doesn't have densely populated countries) Assume average family size of say 3. That makes 20 million families. And then work your way from there. Make sure you ask them, what type of model you need to consider (Really expensive, mid range, lower end etc) and proportionally consider the number of families who could own such cars. And I am taking into consideration that Germany is pretty well off.

I hope this makes sense. If my approach is wrong, please somebody correct me!

Take simple numbers like 5, 10, 20 which you can easily multiply and divide. Also, at each stage ask the panel questions (if you have any doubts) and most importantly explain your assumptions to the panel.

P.S.: i am quoting all this from pure research and talking to students who have been there done that!