ISB 2008-2009 Selected for Interview

First of all CONGRATULATION to people who have been selected for interview in R1. :: Lets rock the next round too… This thread is to discuss the interview preparation strategy for ISB R1 selection process. Please post your ideas on what you t…

First of all CONGRATULATION to people who have been selected for interview in R1. Lets rock the next round too..... This thread is to discuss the interview preparation strategy for ISB R1 selection process. Please post your ideas on what you think ISB would be looking at in the interview process....

The first step is to be Honest and be as true as possible.

Try to be urself in the interview...... Dont try to say what the interviewer wants to hear. Say what you wanna say..... Say the truth......

Honesty would be the best policy even in the interviews.....

Lotsa people go wrong here.....

Can we have a poll or something from which we can figure out that out of the 1500 applicants for the first round, how many have been called for interview. I had suggested moderators to open a poll on the ISB Interviews and Admits thread which can have the following options:

1. Shortlisted
2. Waitlisted
3. Rejected

But the moderators didnt think such a poll would do any good.

Rajitated: Can you open such a poll or something similar if you think my idea will do good.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Can we have a poll or something from which we can figure out that out of the 1500 applicants for the first round, how many have been called for interview. I had suggested moderators to open a poll on the ISB Interviews and Admits thread which can have the following options:

1. Shortlisted
2. Waitlisted
3. Rejected

But the moderators didnt think such a poll would do any good.

Rajitated: Can you open such a poll or something similar if you think my idea will do good.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Hey Abhishek, I appreciate your Idea .... but then I dont think it would add value to the interview prep agenda .... have you been selected for the interview? what ur prep strategy for the same????
The first step is to be Honest and be as true as possible.

Try to be urself in the interview...... Dont try to say what the interviewer wants to hear. Say what you wanna say..... Say the truth......

Honesty would be the best policy even in the interviews.....

Lotsa people go wrong here.....

HURRICANE ... ur bang on target ....

Apart from the honesty trait .... wat are the other prep material .....
is GK and other general awareness thing important ... many people will not be too comfortable with it ... but are good at work related topics.....

I am a little confused on if this round of selection is similar to IIMS .. if it is then there is lot of work to be done...
HURRICANE ... ur bang on target ....

Apart from the honesty trait .... wat are the other prep material .....
is GK and other general awareness thing important ... many people will not be too comfortable with it ... but are good at work related topics.....

I am a little confused on if this round of selection is similar to IIMS .. if it is then there is lot of work to be done...

I was talking to a friend of mine and he was a passout from ISB last year and he said- expect to be grilled about your essays. Thats about it and he said its more like a personality based interview to see how well you fit into ISB. Kept harping on the essays though. Said, they would have scrutinized it inside out, so be ready to defend/justify everything you have written in it.
goldberg23684 Says
I was talking to a friend of mine and he was a passout from ISB last year and he said- expect to be grilled about your essays. Thats about it and he said its more like a personality based interview to see how well you fit into ISB. Kept harping on the essays though. Said, they would have scrutinized it inside out, so be ready to defend/justify everything you have written in it.

Alsmost everyone has said that ... I think essays will from the major part of the interview... :

I now strongly believe that the interview will be just a validity check on the application submitted....if u can validate everything... you are THRU.....

Hi Guys,

I 've seen the great news yesterday only. Well I'm happy that I have been called for the interview. Request all souls to pray for me. People who are on the same boat - Congrats. Well let's pool together and face the interview. Mine's on 27 th at Chennai.

Besto once again

VK

If there's already another thread that specifically says ISB-2008 Interviews and Admits why do we have a separate thread just for R1.

What happens at the end of R1? Another thread for R2?

Hi Guys,

I 've seen the great news yesterday only. Well I'm happy that I have been called for the interview. Request all souls to pray for me. People who are on the same boat - Congrats. Well let's pool together and face the interview. Mine's on 27 th at Chennai.

Besto once again

VK

Congrats .... Hope u do well... Rock the PARTY BROTHER.....

Neo,

The other ISB thread discusses a lot about people's profiles and general queries as well. Frankly I am tired of sifting through the 70 odd pages in that thread!
I think it makes sense to have another thread which has a single agenda of Interviews.

Just my two cents!

Interview in Bangalore on 24th Nov for me

Profile:
Exp: 3 years
Indian IT male. (IIM)
Good acads
very-good extra-curr
730 GMAT 5.5 AWA

Can we folks from Bangalore pool-up for interview prep?
Any one else with 24th bangalore interview??

Hello All,

My interview is on the 27th in Kolkata. My profile:
- GMAT 750
- Just joined family business
- 2+ yrs of work ex in the US in software
- undergrad in US

I stated clearly in my app that I am not looking for a job. I have some entrepreneurial ideas. Will ISB look for details?

Also, since I turned in my application, my primary entrepreneurial idea has changed. Is this something I will have to explain to them?

Thanks.

Hello All,

My interview is on the 27th in Kolkata. My profile:
- GMAT 750
- Just joined family business
- 2+ yrs of work ex in the US in software
- undergrad in US

I stated clearly in my app that I am not looking for a job. I have some entrepreneurial ideas. Will ISB look for details?

Also, since I turned in my application, my primary entrepreneurial idea has changed. Is this something I will have to explain to them?

Thanks.

If its in your essays, be ready to be grilled about it.

This is a very iffy situation. On the one hand, I would like people to be able to find all the info they need in one thread, on the other hand I know what you going through.

Changed thread title. This should hopefully keep everybody happy.

Interview on 15th Nov, Mumbai

All the very best to all of you.

Any information on the 15 minutes assessment test before the interview?

Thanks.

Okay, here is my profile:

GMAT- 720
Workex- 2+ years, Consulting (not IT)
Undegrad: Average, Engineering
Extra Currics- Really Good

Also, I did visit the ISB campus in July (didn't mention it anywhere in my essays and obviously doesn't make an iota of difference) but I did really enjoy my trip. Met a couple of professors and a number of current students including a couple of PG members. I just wanted to see the school to get a feel of it.

Also, I feel that this thread is ONLY going to serve a purpose if R1 applicants post their profiles and interview experiences. Otherwise, its only going to be an unnecessary extension of the two other threads.

Heres mine...

GMAT- 730
Workex- 3+ years (with some intl experience), IT
Acads - Good throughout
Extra Currics- I would say average
Interview Location - Bangalore on 11/22

I second you goldberg..... lets have all the profiles in here and the interview experiences as we move on.

My Profile:

Indian/IT/Female
GMAT: 740
Work Ex: 3.5 yrs
Interview: 16th Nov - Mumbai
Acads: Good
Extra curric: Average (Not so great actually!)