Hi Guys
my interview is on 9th Jan 9 40 am blr...
can anybody tell me if there is any way i can see the questions asked in my reco letters..
if somebody has the soft copy plz let me know...
@
I agree... I have seen many people in this thread telling that they got a thumb down when they had 750 type score... Myself got 710 and now waiting for 9th Jan for the interview in bangalore.
So score is important but application carry more value, I think.
-Jainy
Hi Thanks Wingman,
As suggested by you I have been browsing through pages of this and other threads and have got some idea of the interview questions.
I observed there are quite a few questions asked about estimating the market size of a newly launched product.Though I can approach such questions but if some one knows a very structured approach I would love to know.
btw my profile
GMAT - 730(QA 50 VA 38 AWA 5.0)
Work Ex - 3 years (Research and development in embedded domain)
Acads - Very Good
Extra Currics - Pretty decent
Hi Guys
my interview is on 9th Jan 9 40 am blr...
can anybody tell me if there is any way i can see the questions asked in my reco letters..
if somebody has the soft copy plz let me know...
@
You might take a look at Best mba essay writing service in India - ********** to see what the essay questions were. Else you might pm me and I will mail them over to you
Got a call for R2.
GMAT- 660
Acads - 75% (Best all rounder in school & college)
Extra curriculars- quite strong
Industry - Telecom
Field - HR
hi all,
I didnt get any mail ( accept or reject ) from adcom for R2 yet.. Does everyone get a mail ?
Are all the results out at once or the shortlisted candidates will be informed in batches ?
-Makis
Hey.. I think most of the R2 interview notifications have been sent. Maybe the international ones are still left.
You can logon to the ISB website and see if there is any update.
hi all,
I didnt get any mail ( accept or reject ) from adcom for R2 yet.. Does everyone get a mail ?
Are all the results out at once or the shortlisted candidates will be informed in batches ?
-Makis
I too am an R2 applicant. My interview preference was hyd. i too did not get any mail/sms. No update in the website either..so still waiting
Congrats to all those who have gotten shortlisted for the Interviews..
carpe diem..
My query is kinda instrically confusing..
The ISB guys say that they will inform the short-listed candidates 3-7 days before the interview dates..
But here, there are ppl who have interviews as far as 9th Jan...
I am an international applicant still got no reponse from ISB..
I dunno what to make of it... on one hand, I am happy that the dreaded rejection mail hasnt come yet..but i feel that it the shortlisting mail was to come, it would have come by now...
Totally confused, bothered and worried...
(I am only consoling myself saying that since I must be one of the last guys to submit my application - on 16th morning !!, I should show patience.. )
Any international applicants who submitted on the 16th got any response yet ??/..
Can Anyone throw light ?
Cheers
Congrats to all those who have gotten shortlisted for the Interviews..
carpe diem..
My query is kinda instrically confusing..
The ISB guys say that they will inform the short-listed candidates 3-7 days before the interview dates..
But here, there are ppl who have interviews as far as 9th Jan...
I am an international applicant still got no reponse from ISB..
I dunno what to make of it... on one hand, I am happy that the dreaded rejection mail hasnt come yet..but i feel that it the shortlisting mail was to come, it would have come by now...
Totally confused, bothered and worried...
(I am only consoling myself saying that since I must be one of the last guys to submit my application - on 16th morning !!, I should show patience.. )
Any international applicants who submitted on the 16th got any response yet ??/..
Can Anyone throw light ?
Cheers
hi:- i submitted my app on 14th night (US time). Even i didnt get any response from adcom till now. as you said the only hope is that we didnt get any reject mail either. what i understand after seeing the posts is that - adcom have started to send mails for int app's but that process is not complete and i believe all the calls will be out by today EOD (monday). so i guess we should see the mails in the inbox when we wake up tom morning. ATB
-venkat
Hi Guys
my interview is on 9th Jan 9 40 am blr...
can anybody tell me if there is any way i can see the questions asked in my reco letters..
if somebody has the soft copy plz let me know...
@
Hi Apprentice
These were the questions that were asked in the reco
1. Under what circumstances and for how long have you known the applicant? (50 words maximum)
2. Please rate the applicant's achievements when compared to those of his or her peers and mention the reference group with which you are making these comparisons. (100 words maximum)
3. Please describe, in brief, situations where the applicant displayed signs of leadership abilities and team skills. (200 words maximum)
4. Please mention two consistent strengths of the applicant and if possible provide instances where she/he demonstrated these strengths. (200 words maximum)
5. Please indicate two areas where the applicant has shown learning and improvement which would add value to his application to the ISB. (100 words maximum)
6. Please provide any other comments that you consider are relevant to the applicant's admission to the ISB, especially regarding the applicant's career in business/management. (200 words maximum)
Hi Thanks Wingman,
As suggested by you I have been browsing through pages of this and other threads and have got some idea of the interview questions.
I observed there are quite a few questions asked about estimating the market size of a newly launched product.Though I can approach such questions but if some one knows a very structured approach I would love to know.
btw my profile
GMAT - 730(QA 50 VA 38 AWA 5.0)
Work Ex - 3 years (Research and development in embedded domain)
Acads - Very Good
Extra Currics - Pretty decent
you can try going through the blog of the consulting club @ ISB. They have posted several mock case interviews. these will give you an idea on how to approach the case interviews. the link is
Consulting @ ISB
Hope that will help
I think we all can keep speculating 'coz I haven't completely understood the admissions process (Even though I got thru). My batch has enough 770s and 780s and I'm sure there will be ample in the coming batch too. There are some things beyond scores, number of years of work ex and companies worked for. The personality of the applicant that comes across in the essays and interview leads to an understanding of the motivation behind the MBA and the fit to the school. May be some of these really good candidates do not fit in ISB.
And I'm ready to take panga with anyone who says a profile is not strong just because the applicant scored 650 in GMAT :).
It is not the size of the dog in the fight. it is the size of the fight in the dog
I Agree. its not just the gmat score and the work ex. some profiles might look great on paper, but people are not able to express themselves in the essays, or their reco's are not that great. You have to understand that the ad com takes a look at the holistic picture. that includes everything from gmat scores to reco letters to interviews
rpowerfour SaysI too am an R2 applicant. My interview preference was hyd. i too did not get any mail/sms. No update in the website either..so still waiting
Hey...called up admissions office...all Hyd calls should be out by tomorrow as they are doing it in phases...so time to gear up...jeeeeeeeez m nervous..n how
ne one from indore heard of interviews? I guess pune ppl will have to give us feedback on the interviews they had.
singhsh SaysHey...called up admissions office...all Hyd calls should be out by tomorrow as they are doing it in phases...so time to gear up...jeeeeeeeez m nervous..n how
Thanks singhsh for the info. so one more day wait for the hyd folks ha..
Hi guys
calling all guys ( & ofcourse gals) in bangalore who have got an interview invite from ISB...can we have a PG meet in blr..sometime next weekend..sat.. somewhr on MG road (barista mayb)..wud be great to share inputs with each other..shud help everybody...also if the already admitted ones can join that we can have a good knowledge sharing sessions..
lets take the adv of being in r2 by getting some gyan from our possible classmates..
wat say??
interetsed ppl can PM me..
lets c how it goes!
cheers!
@
Hi guys...
a couple of ppl have shown interest in the meet...let me know over the week if anybody else from bangalre ( admitted in R1 or invited in R2) is interested...
Prime prospects can PM me...
cheers!
@
got a interview call on 16th jan 2008 mumbai
650/4.5/f
2.5 yrs operations
Hi guys,
got an interview call 18th Jan mumbai
GMAT:680 AWA:6 Wrk Ex: 2 years
Anybody else scheduled for the same day? What are the words/phrases like..any examples??
Also please pour in with suggestions ans experiences..
Anyone with entrepreneurial ambitions post ISB?
Any HR professionals shortlisted for R2?
) in bangalore who have got an interview invite from ISB...can we have a PG meet in blr..sometime next weekend..sat.. somewhr on MG road (barista mayb)..wud be great to share inputs with each other..shud help everybody...also if the already admitted ones can join that we can have a good knowledge sharing sessions..