Any international applicants who have received an interview call?
i read in this thread that adcom will start sending the interview calls for folks who had chosen international interview location on monday. so keep your fingers crossed over the weekend. Defintely not the best of the weekend π ATB
-venkat
I am an int'l candidate and got a ding already
Now have to look out for other options.
BTW my profile
GMAT - 700 , AWA - 5
Acads - Excellent - Gold medallist
Extra curriculars - Excellent, Int'l conf et al
Job Ex - 4 yrs till April 08
May be my GMAT did me...
Don't know what they are looking for.
All the best to all selected
Tough luck buddy...
I too was an international applicant in R1. Luckily I did manage to get in!
You can mail ISB in May and ask them for reasons for not shortlisting you. From what I have heard, they will respond promptly.
I am an int'l candidate and got a ding already
Now have to look out for other options.
BTW my profile
GMAT - 700 , AWA - 5
Acads - Excellent - Gold medallist
Extra curriculars - Excellent, Int'l conf et al
Job Ex - 4 yrs till April 08
May be my GMAT did me...
Don't know what they are looking for.
All the best to all selected
tough luck dude... :(
btw, how did you get to know about the reject? mail or sms?
I got a mail.
1st thing after I woke up this Sat morning. What a way to start the weekend...
Guys...after a long wait...got a ding from ISB.Didn't get the R2 interview call.
My profile:
Undergrad: NIT Warangal(200-2004) - Percentage 75.66(First class with distinction)- Computer science & Enginnering
Work-ex: 4 yrs, by Jun 2008
Area: R&D; division of a highly reputed telecommunication company
state engg entrance exams: 32nd rank out of 1.5 lakh students
GMAT: 720 + 5.5
Extracurricular : Good. Represented university in badminton and basketball.Organizing member of college fest in undergraduate.Won a business quiz organized by ISTE in engineering days. NCC school captain.
International experience: Decent. Handled assignments in Rome(5 months),Frankfurt(1 month), Seattle (2 months) for my current company.
Essays : review by many of my MBA friends(one of them from ISB too) included words like "brilliant" and "great"
Despite all this, not sure, what went wrong !
Is there anyway,I can get any feedback for turning me down ? Afterall, there should be some takeaways for going through the admission process.
Tough luck to all those who didn't get the interview calls .
ATB for all junta who got the calls, GO ROCK IT.
Cheers,
GNR
Well, I dont think so. One of my colleagues at work with 2.5 yrs experience and a score of 650 got through R2....I went through her essays and her profile was good but not outstanding.....
Even I am lost as I can see a lot of rejects with ppl having much higher workex, better GMAT scores and outstanding profiles.
P.S. Have asked for a feedback from ISB
I am an int'l candidate and got a ding already
Now have to look out for other options.
BTW my profile
GMAT - 700 , AWA - 5
Acads - Excellent - Gold medallist
Extra curriculars - Excellent, Int'l conf et al
Job Ex - 4 yrs till April 08
May be my GMAT did me...
Don't know what they are looking for.
All the best to all selected
Well, I dont think so. One of my colleagues at work with 2.5 yrs experience and a score of 650 got through R2....I went through her essays and her profile was good but not outstanding.....
Even I am lost as I can see a lot of rejects with ppl having much higher workex, better GMAT scores and outstanding profiles.
P.S. Have asked for a feedback from ISB
Hi All!
Initially I was surprised to see so many smart people on this forum getting ding for the interview, however looking back I realise that ISB may be looking to improve its Yield ratio. (no of offers vs no. of accepted)
Many of the smart Indian guys (High GMAT, 3-4 years of great Work Ex) consider ISB as Safety School and even though many pay the required 2L, it adversely affects ISB's yield % if they join a better place.
IMHO ISB is only trying to get the students who they think are going to join ISB.
Maybe some one from (Born For You) ISB can share his / her insight
All the very best to all, Have faith and move on!
Cheers!
Hello everybody,
I too got a reject from ISB.......Feeling very disappointed..
My profile:
740/5
IT, 3.5 yrs with 2nd largest software company, good acads from NIT, descent extra curriculars.
Donno where did it all go wrong......Is it that a 740 is not good enough for an Indian IT Male at ISB?
Does ISB provide a feedback for rejected applications?
Thanks.
hi,
I too have the interview call in delhi at 1600.
profile 10 yrs in the army
gmat - 710 and good acads.
extra curr - good
wud be gr8 if all of us from delhi cud share our experiences or trepidations togehter.
anyways, all the best to all!!!!!1
hi folks,
congratulations to those who got thru!....
i got a wait list....have 770 gmat with 5 yrs work ex in manufacturing....
can anybody please share knowledge, if any, about the chances of/process of selection from wait lists....
any suggestions on how one may increase chances amongst teh waitlistees?...
will be thankful for any other general suggestions too....
thanks
Hi guys
calling all guys ( & ofcourse gals
) in bangalore who have got an interview invite from ISB...can we have a PG meet in blr..sometime next weekend..sat.. somewhr on MG road (barista mayb)..wud be great to share inputs with each other..shud help everybody...also if the already admitted ones can join that we can have a good knowledge sharing sessions..
lets take the adv of being in r2 by getting some gyan from our possible classmates..
wat say??
interetsed ppl can PM me..
lets c how it goes!
cheers!
@
If it is next Sunday then I probably can attend the meet.
On saturday however, I will be in Hyderabad paying my acceptance fees in person 
Hi guys
calling all guys ( & ofcourse gals) in bangalore who have got an interview invite from ISB...can we have a PG meet in blr..sometime next weekend..sat.. somewhr on MG road (barista mayb)..wud be great to share inputs with each other..shud help everybody...also if the already admitted ones can join that we can have a good knowledge sharing sessions..
lets take the adv of being in r2 by getting some gyan from our possible classmates..
wat say??
interetsed ppl can PM me..
lets c how it goes!
cheers!
@
Hullo guys...
After the initial disappointment,I have mailed ISB requesting for a feedback..
Any idea wen they will get back?
Shruti.
Hi everyone!
I am a Delhi based R2 applicant and got an interview call.
Looking forward to share knowledge and interview preparation strategies with all fellow applicants!!
cheers,
Rahul
Hullo guys...
After the initial disappointment,I have mailed ISB requesting for a feedback..
Any idea wen they will get back?
Shruti.
They gen give the feedback in april after they r done & over with the admission process..
You can check last yrs forums for the kind of feedback & timing
cheers!
@
I am kind of taken aback by the rejects of so many brilliant applicants, people with high GMAT score, good work ex, good acads and extra currics.
Hi All!
Initially I was surprised to see so many smart people on this forum getting ding for the interview, however looking back I realise that ISB may be looking to improve its Yield ratio. (no of offers vs no. of accepted)
Many of the smart Indian guys (High GMAT, 3-4 years of great Work Ex) consider ISB as Safety School and even though many pay the required 2L, it adversely affects ISB's yield % if they join a better place.
IMHO ISB is only trying to get the students who they think are going to join ISB.
Maybe some one from (Born For You) ISB can share his / her insight
All the very best to all, Have faith and move on!
Cheers!
I think we all can keep speculating 'coz I haven't completely understood the admissions process (Even though I got thru). My batch has enough 770s and 780s and I'm sure there will be ample in the coming batch too. There are some things beyond scores, number of years of work ex and companies worked for. The personality of the applicant that comes across in the essays and interview leads to an understanding of the motivation behind the MBA and the fit to the school. May be some of these really good candidates do not fit in ISB.
And I'm ready to take panga with anyone who says a profile is not strong just because the applicant scored 650 in GMAT :).
It is not the size of the dog in the fight. it is the size of the fight in the dog
Hey Rahul - Congrats. Suggest you go through all the pages of this board, and read through the intervew experiences posted here... then come up with specific questions... and we'll be glad to help you out.... Cheers!!!!
Hi everyone!
I am a Delhi based R2 applicant and got an interview call.
Looking forward to share knowledge and interview preparation strategies with all fellow applicants!!
cheers,
Rahul