Got the SMS...Unfortunately, it brought bad news....
A ding from ISB!
Okay ... I guess Pune results are on their way.. I got dinged. π
Guess there are better things waiting for me
All the best guys
Got an interview call
740 / 3 yrs
Interview in Mumbai on 16/1/08
Hi!
I am from Lucknow and my interview is in Delhi on 4thJan 16:00 Hrs.
Presently am in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, coming back India on 27th Dec'r.
When do you have your interview??
ATB
its too on 4th. Jan. let me know if you come across any coaching centre in delhi
just recieved an sms from ISB.. pune calls have started coming in..
its a reject for me..
DreamIsb2009 SaysIts indeed a good idea. let us all people from delhi form a group.
Hi..
All the best to those who didnt get a call...ande ka funda...it's disappointing bro...i read ur posts n the cud feel ur zeal...am sure u have sth great in store...kudos!!
congrats everybody for the interview call...
I have it on 3rd Jan at 1640 Hrs. I have not received the e mail though...somebody on PG said that mail may take another 1-2 days.
I wish to know what all documents do we need to carry (in case it's mentioned in the mail), I also heard about a pre-assessment from someone...now what is that?
I am in for a group in Delhi...let's PM each other n share e mail IDs/contact numbers...will do that shortly.
About a coaching institute...I really doubt if one can help...lets instead collect material from PG and have lotsa mock interviews with each other and with other sensible brains around...from a personal experience, it's much better than training at a coaching institute...again, personal opinion...no qualms!!
My profile...
GMAT : 740 / 5.5
Workex : 2.4 years spread across automation, army and training
Extra-curriculars : Very good
Academics : A shade below average
Hope to have a good association from here...how about starting a new thread..."official thread for ISB R2 interviews and beyond"....as currently junta is divided among many threads...
Regards
Maxximus
Hi..
All the best to those who didnt get a call...ande ka funda...it's disappointing bro...i read ur posts n the cud feel ur zeal...am sure u have sth great in store...kudos!!
congrats everybody for the interview call...
I have it on 3rd Jan at 1640 Hrs. I have not received the e mail though...somebody on PG said that mail may take another 1-2 days.
I wish to know what all documents do we need to carry (in case it's mentioned in the mail), I also heard about a pre-assessment from someone...now what is that?
I am in for a group in Delhi...let's PM each other n share e mail IDs/contact numbers...will do that shortly.
About a coaching institute...I really doubt if one can help...lets instead collect material from PG and have lotsa mock interviews with each other and with other sensible brains around...from a personal experience, it's much better than training at a coaching institute...again, personal opinion...no qualms!!
My profile...
GMAT : 740 / 5.5
Workex : 2.4 years spread across automation, army and training
Extra-curriculars : Very good
Academics : A shade below average
Hope to have a good association from here...how about starting a new thread..."official thread for ISB R2 interviews and beyond"....as currently junta is divided among many threads...
Regards
Maxximus
1. Definetly i am in for such a group and you can pm me any time for emails etc.
2. i liked your idea of mock interviews...
3. nothing is mentioned in the mail regarding documents to be carried to the interview
4. well for my case i would still prefer for interview coaching. as getting training from professional will definetly add value. and would help avoid wasting time in searching forums.
called up ISB
Interview calls for International candidates will be out on monday
rest all by today evening
good luck everyone
Hey there.. ATB to all you guys for the interview.. I have a question for the R1 applicants
1) What document does one carry for the interview ?
2) Whta the heck is this "Pre Assessement"..??
3) Can someone please throw some light on the essay we are supposed to write- right there..?? What kinda topics, time given, word limit, etc. etc.
And cud u all plz do it quik- I have just 2 weeks..
rejected π
I got dinged though I was half expecting it.
Thanx for the encouragement mate!!
Yeah...I hope something good is in store for me......
Congrats to you and all others who have made it....and all the best for the Interviews!
Just one point for all those who had a high Gmat score and got a ding:
Dont feel hard done by ISB. A high Gmat score does not guarantee a call and is more of a supplement to your profile (esp. for 1 year courses). I have a batchmate who has a call with a 650....so we all really need to work on our profile more than anything else!
Adios!
Hi..
All the best to those who didnt get a call...ande ka funda...it's disappointing bro...i read ur posts n the cud feel ur zeal...am sure u have sth great in store...kudos!!
congrats everybody for the interview call...
I have it on 3rd Jan at 1640 Hrs. I have not received the e mail though...somebody on PG said that mail may take another 1-2 days.
I wish to know what all documents do we need to carry (in case it's mentioned in the mail), I also heard about a pre-assessment from someone...now what is that?
I am in for a group in Delhi...let's PM each other n share e mail IDs/contact numbers...will do that shortly.
About a coaching institute...I really doubt if one can help...lets instead collect material from PG and have lotsa mock interviews with each other and with other sensible brains around...from a personal experience, it's much better than training at a coaching institute...again, personal opinion...no qualms!!
My profile...
GMAT : 740 / 5.5
Workex : 2.4 years spread across automation, army and training
Extra-curriculars : Very good
Academics : A shade below average
Hope to have a good association from here...how about starting a new thread..."official thread for ISB R2 interviews and beyond"....as currently junta is divided among many threads...
Regards
Maxximus
Hi guys,
Heard from ISB today. Shortlisted for interview. R2 applicant. Mine is on the 17th of Jan at Mumbai.
Profile:
IIF
4.5 yrs exp (onsite exp too)
acads - avg
extra curricular - avg
GMAT - 730 (awa - 5)
Hey congrats to all those you have applied. Apping for the first time was a challenge and a wonderful learning experience for me. Sure it would be for many of us here.
Please find answers inline:
Hey there.. ATB to all you guys for the interview.. I have a question for the R1 applicants
1) What document does one carry for the interview ?
- You do not need any documents but it is always nice to have a few
copies of your latest Resume in hand along with a pen!!
2) Whta the heck is this "Pre Assessement"..??
- For telephonic interviews, the candidates are given a
word initially and asked to speak about it for a minute. They also give some time
to think about it before starting with the reply.
For normal interviews candidates are given a word/phrase and asked to
write a small Essay in about 10 min before the interview actually begins.
For details on the topics, you can go through the other ISB threads on
PG.
3) Can someone please throw some light on the essay we are supposed to write- right there..?? What kinda topics, time given, word limit, etc. etc.
- Already answered in Q2.
And cud u all plz do it quik- I have just 2 weeks..
bornforyou SaysYazoo...Adcom has not shared any information to us about R2 applications. Will post if I get to know anything officially.
BFY,
I have been selected for 2008-09. can you please tell whatt are the documents required to be submitted w.r.t workex during admission and what sort of documents are required from previous employer for work experience confirmation:)
Thanks Amit80
hi,
Congrats to all those who got interview calls in R2. I was an R1 applicant and have now received an admission offer.
Anyone who needs help with interview preparation please let me know.
Bangalore folks - we can meet for mock interviews etc if needed .
All the best to all of you.
Got interview call ....4th Jan (Delhi)
GMAT 680/ B.E Mech/ 2.5 Yrs work ex
Dont know how to survive till 4th jan now
got an interview call :)Location : Mumbai on 17th Jan
feels so good....
GMAT : 750 (5.5)
Acads : Good
Extra Curr : Avg
Work Ex : 28 Months
Congrats Usha.
I too received the call for 18th Jan in Mumbai.
Profile GMAT 710/5.5, IIT, 5yr, Chemical industry.
Got an interview call
740 / 3 yrs
Interview in Mumbai on 16/1/08
BFY,
I have been selected for 2008-09. can you please tell whatt are the documents required to be submitted w.r.t workex during admission and what sort of documents are required from previous employer for work experience confirmation:)
Thanks Amit80
Congrats Amit. Wecome to ISB.
I was working till 4 days before the ISB joining date and I had show ISB my relieving letter (which indicated my employment dates) and previous month's pay-slip. For all prior jobs you have to show experience letters. Don't worry about anything now. Detailed instructions will come along and there is something called a new admits website (you will get access in about a month's time I think) which will talk about everything in detail from fees to pre-terms to the number of spoons and forks in your apartment :).