Hello folks... has anyone been able to login to the PG Bschools page at this URL ?
PaGaLGuY.com - B-School Ranking
I have been trying to login for a couple of days, tried it from office, from home, IE, Firefox... I keep getting redirected back into the login screen.
* By the way... 6 days to go (including today) for the clock to tick over to the 15th...
Hello folks... has anyone been able to login to the PG Bschools page at this URL ?
PaGaLGuY.com - B-School Ranking
I have been trying to login for a couple of days, tried it from office, from home, IE, Firefox... I keep getting redirected back into the login screen.
* By the way... 6 days to go (including today) for the clock to tick over to the 15th...
Ya I had logged in this URL around three days back. Its a survey. They have not displayed the results of the survey. Dont worry you havn't missed much. I had not even heard of half the names of the colleges they asked me to rank!!!
Was tempted to call the ISB Admissions office couple of minutes back:satisfie:
The lady replied "R1 results will be out ANY TIME before Dec 15"
So we are back to square one (no new updates even from Admission office as well - still same old deadline holds good, not that I was expecting anything concrete from them, but still thought of giving it a try !!!!)
~dmvars
Was tempted to call the ISB Admissions office couple of minutes back:satisfie:
The lady replied "R1 results will be out ANY TIME before Dec 15"
So we are back to square one (no new updates even from Admission office as well - still same old deadline holds good, not that I was expecting anything concrete from them, but still thought of giving it a try !!!!)
~dmvars
Since Mr.Ranga Rao is actively answering queries on the other thread (I can see he is online now... ) very tempted to post a query there for atleast a sneak preview of the R1 results...
expedite SaysSince Mr.Ranga Rao is actively answering queries on the other thread (I can see he is online now... ) very tempted to post a query there for atleast a sneak preview of the R1 results...
In last 2 hours, this thought has crossed my mind umpteen # of times (once I had even composed the post and then aborted at the last minute)

I think even if we go ahead and ask him this Q, he is going to come back and say the deadline is Dec 15
Another thought - since he was maintaining a low profile all these days, may be he was busy working on preparing the R1 results and now that he back to his active times , does that mean the R1 decision has been made and will be posted in next couple of days time (don't quote me) π
Someone asked Mr. Ranga Rao about R1 result deadlines and his reply was on expected lines
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/25524-ask-isb-hyderabad-official-admission-63.html#post904435
:oops:
In last 2 hours, this thought has crossed my mind umpteen # of times (once I had even composed the post and then aborted at the last minute)
I think even if we go ahead and ask him this Q, he is going to come back and say the deadline is Dec 15
Another thought - since he was maintaining a low profile all these days, may be he was busy working on preparing the R1 results and now that he back to his active times , does that mean the R1 decision has been made and will be posted in next couple of days time (don't quote me) :)
Sirji.. you are right.. someone already beat us to it by a whole month! π and Mr.Ranga has answered it too...
meetarnav SaysSir i finished my interview on 3rd november 2007 in delhi for the admission session 2008 - 2009. how soon can i expect my result. people seem to have very varied opinions on how long it takes to get a final result.
Dear Meeta,
The results for R-1 will be available on or before 15th of December.
Regards
Ranga Rao
bornforyou SaysLast year R1 results were released on the date published in the website. R2 results though came a week early.
I prefer to ask BFY the following querry
I'm working with a oil company, in operations and retail sales for 10 +years. What are the job prospectus in petroleum retailing after the course at ISB. Do you get good placements in energy sector. , Or is it easy to shift my Industry.
I prefer to ask BFY the following querry
I'm working with a oil company, in operations and retail sales for 10 +years. What are the job prospectus in petroleum retailing after the course at ISB. Do you get good placements in energy sector. , Or is it easy to shift my Industry.
I know of BP and Shell offering from really really meaty roles (Both domestic and international). Even otherwise I have heard of oil guys switching to consulting/i-banking etc. But that doesn't mean it is easy to switch. Hope this answers.
I prefer to ask BFY the following querry
I'm working with a oil company, in operations and retail sales for 10 +years. What are the job prospectus in petroleum retailing after the course at ISB. Do you get good placements in energy sector. , Or is it easy to shift my Industry.
Hello Vasukarthik, while you wait for BFY to answer your queries about placements / shift in industry etc. Something to chew on...
The 2007 placement season apparently had the following companies making offers at ISB : (All of them have some interest in petroleum / petroproducts....)
British Petroleum plc
Castrol India Limited
Essar Group
Hazira LNG Pvt Ltd
Santos Limited
Not a bad show considering that the representation of students with Oil/energy sector background in CO2007 was apparently 3%. Also, the Oil PSUs and private sector biggies Reliance, Cairn etc. may not be on campus, but are recruiting management grads off campus.
Thanks a lot guys :
I thin its ok evein if R1 results are out by 15th dec or beyond but it is high time when atleast R2 candiates should start getting calls for the interviews, atleast the Pune candidates. First interview is scheduled on 21st Dec in PUne.
Has ne R2 candidated got their interview call ?
Indeed, it is high time that the Pune R2 candidates got a status update.
I am an R2 applicant too with Pune centre.
Fingers crossed!! 
Hi,
I'm an R2 applicant, who just caught on to this thread (pretty late too..). Nope, no joy yet with regards to calls or status update..
-Gautam
Hello folks,
As one of you had said that Reco letter is eqaully important for a succesfull screening of your profile, can someone guide me how a Reco should be written, I mean finally the recommneder only signs the letter :). The contents have to be decided by us:). So can someone send me a dhasoooo format, so that i can atleast be ready with the reco letters ? also the other query is, shud the reco be taken on the company letter head?
Hi Gautam,
I think your from pune. I have a few queries related to ISB admissions. SInce you have already been given an interview call, I think your just the right person to receive inputs from. can u give me ur cell no ? i wud like to talk to u
I thin its ok evein if R1 results are out by 15th dec or beyond but it is high time when atleast R2 candiates should start getting calls for the interviews, atleast the Pune candidates. First interview is scheduled on 21st Dec in PUne.
Has ne R2 candidated got their interview call ?
Please let me know ur ctc number. I have a few queries related to ISB admissions
sujeetcoep SaysPlease let me know ur ctc number. I have a few queries related to ISB admissions
If u need to get queries answered from specific people, please send them an IM. Don't ask for personal contact info on public domain. Thanks.
Hi guys! I'm a Pune R2 applicant too. The tension is crazy. All you guys who get to know your status, please update the rest of us. I guess the account status on the ISB website will tell us whether we're into the next round, but still... How do you beat this stress???