ISB 2008-2009 Selected for Interview

This time period is a really tensed one. Well hope that we break into celebrations on 15 th

From :neutral: to

vasukarthik



I just hope that happens much before 15th:wow:
(just like ISB surprised us by declaring the R1 shortlisting much in advance, you never know that they might declare the final result in advance also. By the way ISB website says the Result will be declared LATEST BY 15th, there is no mention of EARLIEST by date )
Comments !!!!
~dmvars

Hey all ISB aspirants and those eagerly awaiting the results of R1

I am tempted to believe that like last year ISB will disclose R1 results atleast a week in advance

Also since the R1 interview shortlist was revealed earlier than promised I guess they will also advance the R1 results disclosure

Like someone rightly pointed out the site says latest by Dec15th and doesnt disclose earliest.

So in view of the above 3 , would it be too early to start a "ISB Class of 2009" Thread . Perhaps starting that thread would give me some good karma that will fetch me a seat πŸ˜‰

What say u folks.

--Badri--

P.S : my productivity hasnt gone down like you folks, although i am as eager as you folks about the results and do surf PG a lot , productivity just cant go below zero you see πŸ˜ƒ

It is a nice to see that not only I am distracted but others too are .. The waitache ( like headache, stomachache) is getting more n more intensified day by day.

But unlike most of you , I have a feeling that this year results will be declared on 14th 15th only. As ISB is known for surprises, this time surprise will be when result is declared on 15th only as against the expectations of all of us.

Though I pray that this wait has a early and happy end .

Relax guys,

I see so many people just killing time here and visiting the forum over and over again....

I say these next 10 days party like you have never partied before.....

Drink like you have never drank before....

Dance like never before....

And ofcourse sleep to ur fulll

Thats what I am doing.....There no other way to distract but to do what you like most.....

Regards

So if the company denies to issue the exp. letter den in that case m loosing a year. even if work for one more year and get the required experience.
dey gonna ask me in interview what i did in that year..isnt it??

Chat gaye ! han, Chat gaye , Tere wait may ISB result. Yes, I am also R1 applicant and eagerly waiting for the result. Guys I am also not able to concentrate on my job. But imagine, during this phase if you have to workd hard due to some high profile visit of Regulator ( Quasi Judicial body) then what will be your state of mind? I am feeling really really bored! but it is the old saying that job ( naukari) is no-kari ( you can not say no). So, I am compelled to the hard work. Guys! can you suggest me how to deal with this situation?

can some current isb student confirm the statement that "last year the R1 results were declared a week in advance" . BFU , can u pls throw some light on the same . if the same was true for last year then we probably can expect the adcom to repeat the act this time too..

abcIndia Says
Chat gaye ! han, Chat gaye , Tere wait may ISB result. Yes, I am also R1 applicant and eagerly waiting for the result. Guys I am also not able to concentrate on my job. But imagine, during this phase if you have to workd hard due to some high profile visit of Regulator ( Quasi Judicial body) then what will be your state of mind? I am feeling really really bored! but it is the old saying that job ( naukari) is no-kari ( you can not say no). So, I am compelled to the hard work. Guys! can you suggest me how to deal with this situation?



Take a vacation. Go home. Just enjoy the time you are getting right now.
rajkmenon2002 Says
can some current isb student confirm the statement that "last year the R1 results were declared a week in advance" . BFU , can u pls throw some light on the same . if the same was true for last year then we probably can expect the adcom to repeat the act this time too..



Hmmm....Lot of discussions on speculations of results based on last year. I guess last year timings do not form concrete parameters to speculate .... This year Deadlines were different, who knows ISB added more Adcom staff, who knows the jump in overall applications, what criteria they added and what they have dropped, May be they are evaluating R-1 candidates along with R-2 applicants on a high level to decide total number of Offers Vs Waitlist etc etc etc...... But yeah nice topic to kill some time ....

Keep shooting guys n other keep responding, atleast keep on adding some messages to this forum !!!

It is such an imaginative phase to go through!!
A thousand thoughts run through my mind which all revolve around that one moment that will make a few faces smile and dissapoint many more!! One SMS on ANY day starting next week could take u by surprise! ( they are smsing the decision btw )

So cling to those coloured plans for a dream MBA while u can! May god be kind enough to materiase all of them!!

Amen.

Relax guys,

I see so many people just killing time here and visiting the forum over and over again....

I say these next 10 days party like you have never partied before.....

Drink like you have never drank before....

Dance like never before....

And ofcourse sleep to ur fulll

Thats what I am doing.....There no other way to distract but to do what you like most.....

Regards



Please refer me for a similar profile in whichever company u might be working in!! Seems very generous on time management for other activities!!! ;)

kiddin!
Please refer me for a similar profile in whichever company u might be working in!! Seems very generous on time management for other activities!!! ;)

kiddin!


Isn't that what is expected of all of us...Time Management?? hehehe

The SMS makes my heart sink... not sure if it will say... your result is available on your email or say your result is...... I'll leave it at that...

I just can't wait anymore...


It is such an imaginative phase to go through!!
A thousand thoughts run through my mind which all revolve around that one moment that will make a few faces smile and dissapoint many more!! One SMS on ANY day starting next week could take u by surprise! ( they are smsing the decision btw )

So cling to those coloured plans for a dream MBA while u can! May god be kind enough to materiase all of them!!

Amen.
rajkmenon2002 Says
can some current isb student confirm the statement that "last year the R1 results were declared a week in advance" . BFU , can u pls throw some light on the same . if the same was true for last year then we probably can expect the adcom to repeat the act this time too..

Last year R1 results were released on the date published in the website. R2 results though came a week early.

hi guys,
Heartiest congratulations to all of you :for hitting the bulls eye. Hope you flair well in the interviews and get into ISB. I am very much new to the group and want to know a few things about getting into ISB. I have a good academic background. For your reference I am pasting a few snippets from my Resume'. I have 2.5 yrs of experience and working with a CMM level 5 IT companyas a TL. I also have a few professional achievements. What are my chances of getting into ISB? will i receive an interview call on these achievements? apart from academics I also have achievements on the extra curricular activities to boast about. What score would be an ideal GMAT score for this profile of mine ? score ....Please reply

Bachelor of Computer Engineering from COEP . Graduated securing First Class with Distinction. (70.86%).
Amongst the toppers of the batch.
Completed Diploma securing First Class with Distinction (91.93%).
Amongst the 0.01%Toppers in Pune for award of Diploma. Diploma topper in Pune for semester pattern.
Topper for all the six academic semesters.
College topper for award of Diploma.
Leader of the college team that participated in a state level project competition DIPEX 2002,held At Nagpur. Awarded Best Software Project and also led the team to win the general championship for the college as a whole.
Successfully completed a research project in Data Mining.
Presented technical papers on topics like bio-informatics and neural networks.
Awarded scholarships from trusts like TATA
Member of college gathering and cultural committee.
Secondary School Certificate (SSC - Class 10th
87.86%).

School topper for SSC. Recipient of best out going student award.
Topper from Std 7th Std 10th all exams.
Have got awards in competitions like debating, essay writing and painting.
Recipient of scholarships from 10 -15 organizations and also holds a National Scholarship from Govt. Of India.

Guys ! while we wait for the ISB to declare results, we can start doing some interesting work ......................... (does sthing like interesting exist in this phase?) like comparing XLRI GMP and IIM L one year programe.
My view is that XLRI GMP is established programe with more than 15L average indian salary with fees of just 8 lakhs ( half of ISB).
On the other hand IIML programme will have teething problem.
Your views please.

Hi Sujeet, At the outset, your profile looks good.. looks like you have a consistently academic record and your job profile and extra-currs sound good too... and I would 'guess' that with a good app-pack you should stand a good chance of getting into ISB.

With regards to the 'Ideal GMAT score' , 'will I be called for interview' & 'will I get an admit' questions... I dont think anyone in this forum / elsewhere on PG can give an accurate answer... everyone can just throw in their 'guesstimate' at best (as I have done). If anyone of us had answers to these questions, we wouldnt be waiting for results, we would have deduced the outcome by now ;-)

Your application to ISB or for any other Bschool, is the sum total of your acads, experience, job-profile, essays, recos, GMAT score and the all important 'x' factor i.e.how your application pack shapes up as a whole and how it is perceived by the adcom.

Since the adcom will be evaluating your application not only on its own merits, but also against the background of all the other applicants in your round, factor in the number of applicants, their backgrounds and the quality of their apps... all in all, just too many variables in the equation. So just give GMAT your best shot, take your time in crafting your application and essays and submit away...

You should also go through the thread on the link below... It has Mr.Ranga Rao, Director of Admissions at ISB answering queries from prospective students...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-isb-hyderabad-official-admission-query-thread-featuring-isbs-admission-director-25025524

hi guys,
Heartiest congratulations to all of you -mas:for hitting the bulls eye. Hope you flair well in the interviews and get into ISB. I am very much new to the group and want to know a few things about getting into ISB. I have a good academic background. For your reference I am pasting a few snippets from my Resume'. I have 2.5 yrs of experience and working with a CMM level 5 IT companyas a TL. I also have a few professional achievements. What are my chances of getting into ISB? will i receive an interview call on these achievements? apart from academics I also have achievements on the extra curricular activities to boast about. What score would be an ideal GMAT score for this profile of mine ? score ....Please reply

Bachelor of Computer Engineering from COEP . Graduated securing First Class with Distinction. (70.86%).
Amongst the toppers of the batch.
Completed Diploma securing First Class with Distinction (91.93%).
Amongst the 0.01%Toppers in Pune for award of Diploma. Diploma topper in Pune for semester pattern.
Topper for all the six academic semesters.
College topper for award of Diploma.
Leader of the college team that participated in a state level project competition 'DIPEX 2002',held At Nagpur. Awarded Best Software Project and also led the team to win the general championship for the college as a whole.
Successfully completed a research project in Data Mining.
Presented technical papers on topics like 'bio-informatics' and 'neural networks'.
Awarded scholarships from trusts like 'TATA'
Member of college gathering and cultural committee.
Secondary School Certificate (SSC - Class 10th 87.86%).
School topper for SSC. Recipient of best out going student award.
Topper from Std 7th - Std 10th all exams.
Have got awards in competitions like debating, essay writing and painting.
Recipient of scholarships from 10 -15 organizations and also holds a National Scholarship from Govt. Of India.

vsbadri Says
P.S : my productivity hasnt gone down like you folks, although i am as eager as you folks about the results and do surf PG a lot , productivity just cant go below zero you see :)


Just some thoughts...

:-) If productivity were to be measured on a scale of 0 to 5.. and if you totally stop doing anything useful (like many of us) then your productivity is effectively nil..i.e. 0

Now, to while away your idle time, if you manage to take your colleagues out for extended lunch breaks, coffee breaks and other NVAs, their productivity would also drop by a couple of points each, say from 5 to 3.

My productivity : 0
My contribution to x's productivity : - 2
My contribution to y's productivity : -1
-----------------------------------------------------
My contribution to team productivity : - 3
-----------------------------------------------------

;-)
Just some thoughts...

:-) If productivity were to be measured on a scale of 0 to 5.. and if you totally stop doing anything useful (like many of us) then your productivity is effectively nil..i.e. 0

Now, to while away your idle time, if you manage to take your colleagues out for extended lunch breaks, coffee breaks and other NVAs, their productivity would also drop by a couple of points each, say from 5 to 3.

My productivity : 0
My contribution to x's productivity : - 2
My contribution to y's productivity : -1
-----------------------------------------------------
My contribution to team productivity : - 3
-----------------------------------------------------

;-)


Hilarious ...I have a strong reason to believe your productivity has not gone down.. Such deep analysis would have been a killer answer in interview as well ... You made my day:) !!!
Just some thoughts...

:-) If productivity were to be measured on a scale of 0 to 5.. and if you totally stop doing anything useful (like many of us) then your productivity is effectively nil..i.e. 0

Now, to while away your idle time, if you manage to take your colleagues out for extended lunch breaks, coffee breaks and other NVAs, their productivity would also drop by a couple of points each, say from 5 to 3.

My productivity : 0
My contribution to x's productivity : - 2
My contribution to y's productivity : -1
-----------------------------------------------------
My contribution to team productivity : - 3
-----------------------------------------------------

;-)


Food for thought!

The team productivity would go down more than u estimate! You have assumed a 0 for yourself, while actually, you have decreased your productivity (by say, -2 or -4), So that makes a further erosion to things! SHAME ON U! πŸ˜‰