****iim A - Pgpx Placements****

A whopping $300K offer and highest domestic salary of Rs 50lacs annually seals the speculations in placements for the first batch of IIM Ahmedabad PGPX. Read more here IIM-A grad gets Rs 1.35-cr offer!-Education-Services-News By Industry-Ne…

A whopping $300K offer and highest domestic salary of Rs 50lacs annually seals the speculations in placements for the first batch of IIM Ahmedabad PGPX.

Read more here
IIM-A grad gets Rs 1.35-cr offer!-Education-Services-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Can insiders post some more information about the salaries of Indian/ IT guys?

Good Times!

Thread in the Wrong section!

Definitely good times. I would be curious to see the profile of highest salary grocers though and how much were they drawing before PGPX

HarshaRocks Says
Thread in the Wrong section!

Then where the heck should it be?
kgkid Says
Then where the heck should it be?

Does IIMA placement fit into the category of - B-School Discussions for MBA Abroad?

:tellme: :tellme:
Does IIMA placement fit into the category of - B-School Discussions for MBA Abroad?

:tellme: :tellme:

I dont know whether you are new to this section but few of the most frequently replied threads pertain to IIM A and C PGPX. There are many more threads but the below threads have been active within the last one month.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pgpex-2008-09-iima-and-iimc-25018740
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-2007-interviews-and-beyond-25018296
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iima-pgpx-queries-25015446
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/aiming-for-isb-25015252

There are far many commonalities between b-schools abroad and IIM A/C PGPX/ ISB program than that covered by the name of this section.

So, I would say PLEASE leave it to the mods. Dont make them jobless ;)

=====================================================================================
Now folks back to the topic.
Can anyone give an insider's scoop?

IMO this thread is logically in the right section.

Don't go by name of the section :'B-school discussions for MBA abroad'. Instead go by the profile and interests of the applicants, who visit this section. In this section, all the almost aspirants share similar profile: aspirants with work-ex. ranging from 2-12 yrs., who are taking GMAT route to get admission into foriegn b-schools, or, into ISB, IIMA-PGPX, IIMC-PGPEX, SPJain Exec. MBA etc.
There are already popular and widely-received threads running for ISB and PGPX/PGPEX programs under this section. These threads are better placed under this section than to be under the 'Indian MBA' section, in which the visitors are the freshers aspiring to join IIM-PGP, XLRI-PGP etc. courses.
And, I believe the moderator also sees it in the same way.

thanks
:)

Read about the 300K offer and tried to find out profiles but no success.
Guess they dont make it publicly available like IMD. But one thing struck me Avg age 33 years.

Whoever got it should have been higher in the spectrum.

The placements at ISB have also been under way. From what I heard about the initial two days, the placements were much better than last yr with avg salary increasing by 3-4 lakhs.
Today is the last day of placements. Will try and get the details of placements and post here.

They say India Shining, India Poised and all that.. πŸ˜ƒ

inblue Says
They say India Shining, India Poised and all that.. :)

Some also say "India Overheating" πŸ˜‰

I was about to come to that. Why do you think the RBI had increased the CRR and is tightening the monetay policy to reduce liquidity in the market . Some control and direction is necessary to move to an investment led growth from a consumption led growth.

This should be good refrence. Economic outlook for 2006/2007.
Its from the EAC ( Ecomomic Advisory Council) to the PM

PS : Celebrating my Hardcore-ism.:)

I was about to come to that. Why do you think the RBI had increased the CRR and is tightening the monetay policy to reduce liquidity in the market . Some control and direction is necessary to move to an investment led growth from a consumption led growth.

Agree on this. Inflation is at an all time high; demand-supply gap is widening.
But if people do not consume, where will they invest their money? Stock market is probably over-valued; real-estate market is definitely overvalued; actual returns on interests on savings are negative (inflation rate is higher than interest rate). Plus the government is planning to tax interest on PPF, do away with tax-saving instruments etc etc.
What is an avg middle-class person supposed to do with his money!!!!??:
Read about the 300K offer and tried to find out profiles but no success.
Guess they dont make it publicly available like IMD. But one thing struck me Avg age 33 years.

Whoever got it should have been higher in the spectrum.

Some of us in the second batch of PGPX have been to IIMA and had extensive interaction with the pioneering batch. Since PGPX is following a system of rolling placements, the process is long drawn and is expected to be completed only by end of March 2007. Full information and details of placement statistics would be made public around this time. Until, then what we see is information trickles from media.

But the good news I am told is that, PGPX is able to get jobs commensurate with prior experience and in middle and senior management levels. Often the head of the businesses are themselves getting involved with the selection process themselves, which is a testimony to the roles on offer. Most of the batch also seems to be placed and the outlook is very positive.:)
But if people do not consume, where will they invest their money? Stock market is probably over-valued; real-estate market is definitely overvalued; actual returns on interests on savings are negative (inflation rate is higher than interest rate). Plus the government is planning to tax interest on PPF, do away with tax-saving instruments etc etc.

INDIA IS OVER-HYPED...
actual returns on interests on savings are negative (inflation rate is higher than interest rate). Plus the government is planning to tax interest on PPF, do away with tax-saving instruments etc etc.

Inflation is a natural consequence of a booming economy. The rate of interest for FDs is at 9.25% which is definitely greater than the inflation rate of 6.75% so the return is not negative. The tax exemptions are being done away with in order to simplify the tax structure and the plan is to remove the exemptions and lower the tax rates. I am very bullish about the Indian economy, we have a long way to go and we must not read too much into the infaltion hike
deba_s56 Says
INDIA IS OVER-HYPED...

India is not over-hyped, it's just beginning to realize it's potential. We will be 2nd largest economy in the world by 2050 after China.

This should be good refrence. Economic outlook for 2006/2007.
Its from the EAC ( Ecomomic Advisory Council) to the PM

well too many people buying property and real-estate prices increasing at astronomical rates. People are doing this for investment rather than the primitive motive of acquiring a shelter. πŸ˜ƒ
RBI had to cut it somewhere!

Okie 2 things

1. Thread is in the right place. The PGPX programme generally comes under the Foreign B-school gamut.
2. Everyone seems to have forgotten the original topic and is discussing economics. Am tempted to spin-off a new thread.

Hoping some of the current PGPX students can give us some inside info on what's happening :-)

Edit: 950 posts