ISB 2007 Interviews and Beyond

1,232 Posts  ·  247 Users
About this group
All, I had been regular memeber of thread "PGPX interviews and Beyond" by DDESI. The thread was very useful in brining focus to interview process, which is one stepp beyond focusing on application process. I thought a similar thread will...
Page 1 of 124
Hi BFU,

In the Awards and Activities section of the form, can I put in certificates of participation (I have a few community service and sports participation certs) or does it have to be an award?

Thanks

Show your best face. Certification of participation in sports are never going to mean anything. Community service shd be fine.

Why don;t u move to the 2008 thread and leave this old thread to natural obsolescence(I'm getting nostalgic) :)
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-2008-interviews-and-admits-25024217
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi BFU,

In the Awards and Activities section of the form, can I put in certificates of participation (I have a few community service and sports participation certs) or does it have to be an award?

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

Just applied for R1. My profile is as under. Let me know if I stand a chance -
GMAT : 680 (2 months of prep. Wondering If I should reappear )
Academics : Excellent. Have an All India rank 2 in Std XII. Qualified CFA (ICFAI) along with my job. Basically took up a job immediately after by Bachelors degree in commerce.
Experience: 5.5 yrs
Extra-curriculars : Play the violin and some blooging and attending discourses on vedanta (particularly Visistadvaita philosophy).

~ Regards,
Hindolam

Wait for adcom's response.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Just applied for R1. My profile is as under. Let me know if I stand a chance -
GMAT : 680 (2 months of prep. Wondering If I should reappear )
Academics : Excellent. Have an All India rank 2 in Std XII. Qualified CFA (ICFAI) along with my job. Basically took up a job immediately after by Bachelors degree in commerce.
Experience: 5.5 yrs
Extra-curriculars : Play the violin and some blooging and attending discourses on vedanta (particularly Visistadvaita philosophy).

~ Regards,
Hindolam

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Ash2dust...ATB buddy...wish you lots o' luck...

@ puys, in Wlist...I think there r gonna b at least 1-2 upsets on 14th itself (tht I know of)...there r ppl who might not turn up on 14th n forego d 1.5 Lk, so keep ur fingers crossed...

I've started d thread for d rest who r already in...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2007-2008-25022117

Pour in with ur info ppl....Lotso' luk for those on WL...

ciao

Me @:www.rajatmishra.co.in; "He knows not his own strength, who hath not met adversity- Ben Johnson"
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

i received a conditional letter of acceptance, they want me to raise my gmat score by the end of this month...

has nyone else got a letter like this? Let me know, and i am studying now to get a new gmat score, but two weeks is a bit short notice to prepare completely again ...

Thanks!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey all,

takes long to get out of the "wats ahead" situation........I am sure there would be some others in the same situation here and can empathise with wat I say.......anyway......moving ahead.......

I heard when I started applying that ISB gives you a details reasoning on why they have rejected you.......is that true.........coz......from the mail that I got (which I am copying hereunder).....I think its a standard template..........others who have also been rejected (I would like to call us REJECTS - thats depressing I know).

Please confirm the same.........if they have mentioned any reason in your reject mail other than the diplomatic answer below.......

I guess that would be helpful for a reapplication ( I dont know if I actually want to do that) or for apllying elsewhere.

Here goes the mail from ISB :

Dear Rahul,

The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application for admission to the ISB. Despite your many merits as a candidate, I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer a place in the class beginning April 14, 2007.

Several members of our Committee carefully evaluated your application in the following areas: work experience, career plans, academic, extra curricular and community involvement, leadership and interpersonal skills. Decisions are based upon an evaluation of your individual strengths and weaknesses, as well as your qualifications relative to those of our applicants.

Please note that this decision is not a reflection of your personal qualities and achievements or your potential for success in management, but merely a reflection of the limited number of seats in the class.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, and thank you for your interest in the ISB.

Sincerely,

Ranga Rao I.V.
Director - Admissions & Financial Aid
Indian School of Business
ISB Campus, Gachibowli
Hyderabad 500 032
Ph: +91 40 2318 7402

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

Me too got a call.

Venue: bangalore. time: 05-10-2006.

GMAT : 720

Work Ex: 3 years till now.

Hi

Can u pls throw some light on work ex part
am a Software engg working for 1.5 yrs now. In oct 07 i will complete 2 yrs of workex can i go for R1 in ISB? Or shud i go for R2 as till then my workex will b nearly 2.5 yrs...
Pls suggest me abt this....

Regards
Rajiv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Question for you all.

I am currently living in the Netherlands, and have also been accepted to the RSM University of Rotterdam.

If given the choice between ISB and a Eruopean/US (top 50) school, what would you choose?

costs are the same for both, difference is that the Other schools is ranked and ISB is not.

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello All,
I was wondering what the acceptance rates are at ISB.
Q1. Does anyone know how many applicants this year?? I guess class size is arnd 400.
Q2. Is there anyone out there who has a similar dilemma as me, i.e. a choice between an MS (engg) and ISB?

regards

As per the businessweek magazine, which has database for approx 350 colleges around world, ISB had received some 2116 applications (total of accepted + declined) in the year 2006.

The Indian School of Business 2006 Full-Time Profile

To view this page, one may have to register at Business week (Free registration).

The no. of application seems to be correct as website also gives a note in the "Survey Validation" section that
Quote "The information found in this survey was provided on behalf of the B-school by : Rama Krishna, Sr. Executive" Unquote.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...