IIMA PGPX Queries

295 Posts  ·  138 Users
About this group
Page 1 of 30
Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I have a very basic query. It would be great if someone can answer
My Background,

Age- 28yrs
Qualifications- B.E, MBA (Amrita School of Business), CFA(USA) Charter holder,
Total Work Exp- 5-years (After MBA 3 years)
I am currently working in CRISIL as a Sr.Analyst

I have a query. I was planning to do PGPX (IIM A/B/C) after 2 more years.

These are the questions which I have
1)Given my background, is it first of all required to do a PGPX course?
2) What is the break even salary level which one should consider when entering the course? (eg: A person earning 12-14L INR is it really worth for him to do this course)
3)Is the course really worth its cost of 22-24L?
4)I am confused whether to do this course or not/ whether this course will really add value to my career

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Where to get the list of candidates selected for 2013 - 2015 batch at IIM-A with their academics and CAT score record ? Any one having the idea , please respond .

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have completed MCA with first class and working as software engineer in CMM level 5 company and having an experience of around 3 years. I would like to apply for executive MBA.

While searching on internet I came to know about IIM 1 year executive program. I went through the student profile of IIM pgpx program and found that all of them are completed their education either from IIT or Universities from US,UK etc.

Now even if I score more marks in entrance exam and then whether these thing will affect in my chances of admission. Currently I don't have any international exposure.
Yes
No
May Be
5 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

I am working as Legal Counsel for Reserve Bank of India. I am having around ten years experience in the field of law. My experience spans from being a practising advocate in High Court to being in academics (Asst Prof in National Law School) and finally as Legal Counsel at RBI doing a regulatory job.
I am aspiring for doing an MBA (IIMA PGPX) so that I can break into General Management and Strategic roles in MNC banks. In this connection I would like to know:
1) How many legal background students have passed out from PGPX (IIMA) and what roles/jobs post qualification have been offered to them.
2) Whether in Indian circumstances a lawyer with 10 yrs experience and 33 yrs of age can start a managerial career and achieve success. JD/MBA is a successful programme in US, but in India whether doing MBA (IIMA -Pgpx) after 10 years experience of law, is it advisable.

3) Whether any alumni or current student of IIMA - PGPX is a lawyer or having legal background.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi ,

I have been shortlisted for the interview. Any tips for interview will be most welcome.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How good is PGPX from IIMA? Is it realy worth the investment of 20-25 lacs

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iima-pgpx-class-2013-aspirants-25062783 would be the right forum for current discussions.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All

Would appreciate if a few queries can be addressed which will assist me in identifying my next steps from an MBA Perspective

Background:
Total Work Ex as of March 2011 - 92 months ( inclusive of 19 months in an entreprenuerial venture)
Education - BE and MBA ( 2004 passout) ( 2 yr Regular from MDI)
Sectors worked in - IT ( Oracle and CEAI) , Exports ( Entreprenuership Venture) , Corporate Trainings ( Current Role)
In all sectors have mainly been handling the BD and Sales Role at various managerial positions

I am thinking of applying for the 2012-13 batch of IIMA PGPX.

Objective for applying:
To have a platform to assist in switching sectors from BD and Sales to more of Consulting ( my reading of myself of the sector which would probably suit my career)

Questions:
1) Does the current batch/prior batch have prior MBA students on rolls
2) Does having a prior MBA from an good institute reduce the chances of admission at IIMA 1 yr course
3) What would be the average range of the GMAT Scores of successful Participants
4) From where can I get a list of companies that are a part of recruitment for 2010-11.

Would appreciate if I can get a revert on the same.

Thanks in advance.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello people...i have a query about pgpx..
what is the prospects of pgpx after a normal pgdm in finance..
and a work ex of around 4 -5 years...
i mean will it hinder the chances in interview with this double mba thing ..
plz reply asap

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...