Fate of Entrance exams

Hey guys…need a bit of help here. I’ll not be applying to any of the B-schools this year as CAT/XAT were not good :: My plans are to try different exams and apply to different colleges. I have my eyes on NMAT and SNAP. Tell me, if the govt sc…

Hey guys....need a bit of help here. I'll not be applying to any of the B-schools this year as CAT/XAT were not good My plans are to try different exams and apply to different colleges. I have my eyes on NMAT and SNAP. Tell me, if the govt scraps all the other exams like XAT, TISS, MICAT etc, it should not affect SNAP & NMAT right?

I'm saying this because Symbi and Narsee are deemed universities and have every right to conduct their own exams for admission purposes. Guys....can this be confirmed becoz I don't wanna give CAT/XAT anymore!

It'll be devastating news for me if govt bans SNAP/NMAT as well.

Hey guys....need a bit of help here. I'll not be applying to any of the B-schools this year as CAT/XAT were not good My plans are to try different exams and apply to different colleges. I have my eyes on NMAT and SNAP. Tell me, if the govt scraps all the other exams like XAT, TISS, MICAT etc, it should not affect SNAP & NMAT right?

I'm saying this because Symbi and Narsee are deemed universities and have every right to conduct their own exams for admission purposes. Guys....can this be confirmed becoz I don't wanna give CAT/XAT anymore!

SNAP is going to stay for sure..Bt i have a doubt regarding NMAT..it myt be scrapped..Hope that helps.:cheerio:
WiLdHaLK Says
SNAP is going to stay for sure..Bt i have a doubt regarding NMAT..it myt be scrapped..Hope that helps.:cheerio:

Why would NMAT be scrapped? NMIMS is a deemed univ right? So they can conduct their own exams i suppose....:shocked:

Bro..you can post here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/attnetion-all-mba-aspirants-applying-for-aicte-approved-colleges-25062929
or here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nmat-2011-call-list-out-25062817
or here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/snap-2010-results-out-25061685
@Mods pls close the thread.
r-shan Says
Why would NMAT be scrapped? NMIMS is a deemed univ right? So they can conduct their own exams i suppose....:shocked:

No other reply

AICTE cannot regulate deemed universities i suppose...........hope this helps!

Hi Guys Lemme just come straight to the point, I was working in L&T; Heavy Engineering Division, and I worked there for two years. But as I had to work in long and rotating shifts, I was not able to prepare for cat or any other MBA exams properly. So i left the company and started working in a very small company as a Marketing Head, in delhi whose revenue is somewhere around 1 crore..it gave me enough time to prepare for the CAT as well..But now in every interview I get screwed badly on why i switched from such a huge reputed company to a small company..Mostly my answer is that I was getting an opportunity to start a business from the scratch..and I joined in because I thought it to be a very good learning experience. But somehow I am not able to convince the Interviewer...and I have faced 2 interviews..at least they grill me on this topic for half an hour..what should I do..do help me guys because the biggies like MDI, IMT and TISS are yet to come..so please pour in and help me!!

maverickcat Says
Hi Guys Lemme just come straight to the point, I was working in L&T; Heavy Engineering Division, and I worked there for two years. But as I had to work in long and rotating shifts, I was not able to prepare for cat or any other MBA exams properly. So i left the company and started working in a very small company as a Marketing Head, in delhi whose revenue is somewhere around 1 crore..it gave me enough time to prepare for the CAT as well..But now in every interview I get screwed badly on why i switched from such a huge reputed company to a small company..Mostly my answer is that I was getting an opportunity to start a business from the scratch..and I joined in because I thought it to be a very good learning experience. But somehow I am not able to convince the Interviewer...and I have faced 2 interviews..at least they grill me on this topic for half an hour..what should I do..do help me guys because the biggies like MDI, IMT and TISS are yet to come..so please pour in and help me!!

dear maverickcat..there's a separate thread for each institute's gd/pi.
pls use the search option or manually browse through the forums to find rlevant threads. You will get valuable response only if you post in relevant threads. you can also try posting here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670
@Mods pls close the thread.