Personal/Career/CAT-job Dilemma Queries : A Repository

4,639 Posts  ·  1,685 Users
About this group
Hi All, I have observed that lots of threads get started with topics like "help me" ,"please advise" etc etc and clutter up the forum. So i thought why not put up a thread where PGites can post their queries about their career and CAT dilemmas...
Page 1 of 464

Hello,

Anyone has idea regarding internship with sbi bank? What is the procedure and how to apply.

I even wanted to know the procedure for internships with ministry of finance.

Please revert back if anyone has done internship or has any information.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys, 

Hello Puys, I left my job in Feb (having 22 months exp) and started my entreprenurship journey in digital marketing with a startup. Now working as an independent entreprenur in multi level marketing field , does it count as work experience as that startup has refused to give me any experience certificate.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please let me know iibf diploma carrier oppurtunities

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all

This thread has been a great success and has helped lot of us in getting our queries solved.

Since the thread has run approximately for 475 pages now, it becomes slightly tough for few of us to go through the entire thread and we end up asking similar queries again and again. Also, it has been observed that it becomes tougher for few others to identify this as the right thread to post the query.

To address the above issues, we have identified few major areas on which the queries were been asked in this thread and have tried to give those issues dedicated threads. This will help people to browse through solutions for similar queries easily as well as help the newbies coming to directly correlate their queries with the name of the thread.

So, for better addressal of all the issues, we have come up with following threads :

1. CAT/Current job related Dilemma queries ( to cater to all CAT related dilemma and the job related dilemma of working junta ) : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-current-job-related-dilemma-queries-25072294

2. First Job and Career related Queries of Freshers ! http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/first-job-and-career-related-queries-of-freshers-25072295

3. Opinion on Companies/Career options !! http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/opinion-on-companies-career-options-25072296

4. Interview details, formalities and processes at various companies!! http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/interview-details-formalities-and-processes-at-various-companies-25072297

5. Sitting idle... need advice? What to do in current situation!! http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/sitting-idle-need-advice-what-to-do-in-current-situation-25072298

6. For all other queries i.e. personal dilemma queries : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-dilemma-related-queries-25072299

Please carry on further discussion of queries on respective threads. In case your query hasn't been answered yet, please post it on the relevant threads mentioned above and fellow puys shall respond appropiately.

Thanks and Hope this segregation of topics shall help you :thumbsup:

Happy PGing
Varun

** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi,

I want to take 3-4 months leave without pay from HCL only to prepare for cat, but they won't approve it just to give me time to study for cat. Hence, I am planning to produce a medical certificate and take LWP and use that time for studying.

Now the questions are:
1) will they approve 4 months leave on medical grounds?!?
2) will these months of leave without pay be counted in work-ex months
3) I have a bond for 18 months which will complete in April, 2012,,hence if I take the leave, will I have to work another 3-4 months (equal to the no. of days for which I took the leave) to fulfill the bond time period of 18 months.. or will the full past 1.5 yr including the 4 months leave without pay be counted as 1.5 yrs of wrk exp

I'v got no idea about policies and stuff so can any one plz tell me about it and quick ..thnx

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys !!!

Any of you working in Oracle ( particularly Fusion GRC team ) ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys,

I am going to give my GMAT this november.I have 3+ exp in IT, not much coding only IT support or bug fixing.

Can you please suggest me which field shall I chose for MBA.

I have very little knowledge about the fields of MBA though Finance and MArketing are the fields which excite me may be coz I have heard and Read most about them.

Can you please suggest me so that I can narrow down the B - schools I should send my application to.

Regards,
Abhinav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey puys !!!
I'll be giving CAT this year. My problem is that I don't have much extra curriculars at college level (except a few participations in quizzes) plus I don't have a great graduation %age (66.1). So I wanted to know if this detriments my chances to make it to IIM's or any other good B-school??

PS: I am a fresher

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi puys!!

I am having 1.5 years experience in TCS and i am taking CAT this year for the 3rd time. I had joined TIME coaching test series last year and my CAT is on 5th nov.
This time somehow I did not wish to join any coaching and have been preparing for past 2-3 months on an irregular basis.
I am sure of my basics in quant and wish to take TESTFUNDA and TCYONLINE as my mock test series in the month coming ahead...

Will that preparation be sufficient? or u suggest me to go back to TIME and register for a test series?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,
i am a 2011 B.Tech. mechanical. passout

I am working in my dad'd firm.I wanna know, if working in dad's industry can be mentioned as work exp(for CAT and other MBA entrances) ??

Will it be a disadvantage at a later stage(interview) ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...