DoMS,IIT Madras -Admission Queries 2008

Hey Puys, JMET notification are out within IITs and IISc. It will be soon seen in papers and other advertisment forms. Here are the details for this year: Test Date: Dec 9 2007 Results: Jan 4 2008 Online registration start…

Hey Puys,

JMET notification are out within IITs and IISc. It will be soon seen in papers and other advertisment forms.

Here are the details for this year:

Test Date: Dec 9 2007

Results: Jan 4 2008

Online registration starts on 3rd Sep 07 and it will cost Rs 750

Offline, the forms will be available at SBI branches of various IIT and IISc branches from Sep 7th. It will cost Rs 800 to General category and Rs 350 to SC/ST

Last date of the issue of forms is is between around 8th OCt and it should reach IIT Kgp by 12th oct(deadline).

Online registrations will be open till 3rd october.

So any queries related to Jmet and IIT Madras are welcome on this thread.

All the best puys.

Here are few old threads that might help you:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mbaiit-madras-admissions-2007-25017308
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iit-madras-admissions-2006-queries-25012199

All the best.

Hi JMET Aspirants,

I'm a 1st yr student at DoMS IITM. U can direct ur queries regarding everything at DoMS IITM to us thru this thread. We will try our best to resolve each of them. All the best!

JMET Aspirants,
You are most welcome to shoot any of ur queries...

Manish
MBA(1st Year)
IIT Madras

hi myself rohit from kochi...i m writing cat this year n other mba entrances too..wat is the cut off for jmets...also i ve around 5 months of work ex.as of now.will this help me in getin admission...kindly plz elaborate ne special topics which we shud consider while preparing for jmet...

rohit_ship Says
hi myself rohit from kochi...i m writing cat this year n other mba entrances too..wat is the cut off for jmets...also i ve around 5 months of work ex.as of now.will this help me in getin admission...kindly plz elaborate ne special topics which we shud consider while preparing for jmet...

Hey Rohit,

Cut offs vary alot because of two factors:

1. Difficulty level of the paper
2. No of students appearing for the exam.

As far as the paper goes, you should concentrate on your 11, 12th maths esp calculus, limits, complex nos, matrices and determinants.

Do go through the JMET thread and other thread pertaining to it.

All the best.

Some of the JMET links of IITM

DoMS IIT Madras
DoMS IIT Madras

All the best.

JMET Aspirants,
You are most welcome to shoot any of ur queries...

Manish
MBA(1st Year)
IIT Madras

hey buddy..i think u might help me in this situation..
well i have completed my engineering in electrnx n telecom in july 2007 n m aspiring to give jmet,the eligibility is that one is suppose to have min 60% aggregate..but in my case it's reachig upto 59.85%agg,
i have distinction in my last year..
i m not sure but is any 1 of the iit's keeping its min elegibilty at 58% m i allowed to appear for jmet
hey buddy..i think u might help me in this situation..
well i have completed my engineering in electrnx n telecom in july 2007 n m aspiring to give jmet,the eligibility is that one is suppose to have min 60% aggregate..but in my case it's reachig upto 59.85%agg,
i have distinction in my last year..
i m not sure but is any 1 of the iit's keeping its min elegibilty at 58% m i allowed to appear for jmet

Except IISC, all the IITs require at least 60% avg calculated by taking the marks of all 8 sems.

Hey Puys,

We at DoMS, IIT Madras have released the brochure for the academic programme of 2008-10. Pls find it attached to this post.

Happy knowing more about DoMS, IIT Madras !!

hi, i wud like to ask that which all institutes offer 'systems and operations' or other courses related to IT (software) in MBA?

pooja C Says
hi, i wud like to ask that which all institutes offer 'systems and operations' or other courses related to IT (software) in MBA?

This is a threads which invites queries to IIT Madras....

Hence, ill kip the discussion to it, all the IITs/IIsc have IT/system as a specialsation in the 2nd year. Go ahead and apply for JMET.

Puys,

You can get the forms of JMET from various IIT/IISC SBIs on 7th sep i.e. tmrw.

Also, you can get an insight from this site:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifedomsiit-madras-25021752

hi seniors,
i know that apart from the JMET ranks IITs give wightage to profiles. I have about two years of work ex in one of the top indian s/w companies. what else can i do to score high on the profile front? does academic performance (i mean marks obtained in 10th, 12 th and engg ) carry any weightage?

hi seniors,
i know that apart from the JMET ranks IITs give wightage to profiles. I have about two years of work ex in one of the top indian s/w companies. what else can i do to score high on the profile front? does academic performance (i mean marks obtained in 10th, 12 th and engg ) carry any weightage?

Yes, acads do matter in the final results. Most important thing is to score as high as possible in the JMET exam.

Work ex definitely gives you leverage, but u need to justify it well in the interview.

You extra curriculars also play an important part in the final selection.

All the best.
Yes, acads do matter in the final results. Most important thing is to score as high as possible in the JMET exam.

Work ex definitely gives you leverage, but u need to justify it well in the interview.

You extra curriculars also play an important part in the final selection.

All the best.

seniors one information i need... i wud like to know in the batch of 2007-09 what is the last rank that a person had and also converted..... hope u all won't mind answering this... thanks...........
arijit.response Says
seniors one information i need... i wud like to know in the batch of 2007-09 what is the last rank that a person had and also converted..... hope u all won't mind answering this... thanks...........

Hey,

The last rank a person had and converted for the batch of 07-09 was in the range of 1500s.

Hi seniors/ Jmet aspirants,
i want some advice as to what all topics from higher maths sud one prepare for Jmet and also suggest some study material for the same..
thanks..

Hi seniors/ Jmet aspirants,
i want some advice as to what all topics from higher maths sud one prepare for Jmet and also suggest some study material for the same..
thanks..

Here are some links that might help you:
JMET
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/jmet-2007-preparation-25016914
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/jmet-2007-quant-questions-25015983
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/formulae-and-tricks-for-higher-maths-for-jmet-and-xat-25019397