WP Carey queries

Hi All, I am a first year student at WP Carey School of Business (Arizona State University). Here you can post your questions about the school, city (Tempe), specializations, etc. I would be more than happy to answer them. tonedeaf

Hi All,

I am a first year student at WP Carey School of Business (Arizona State University). Here you can post your questions about the school, city (Tempe), specializations, etc. I would be more than happy to answer them.

tonedeaf

Hi All,

I am a first year student at WP Carey School of Business (Arizona State University). Here you can post your questions about the school, city (Tempe), specializations, etc. I would be more than happy to answer them.

tonedeaf

Hi

Can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me whether my profile is suitable for W P Carey.

Highlights
Qualified B. Tech (Mechanical) from MNIT, Jaipur with over 48 Months of industry experience in Project Procurement, Expediting, Global Sourcing and Project Management.
Currently associated with Foster Wheeler India Private Limited, Gurgaon as a buyerfor IOCL Paradip Project
Demonstrated communication and relationship management skills with the ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in a cross-cultural environment.
Received ICONS award for Low Cost Country Sourcing of Critical Static Equipment from South Korea
Currently involved in the ordering of Critical R-R Package of IOCL Paradip Refinery and Long Lead items for OMPL MARC Project.
Certified Project Management Associates (IPMA-D Certificate No. D09 2317)byIPMA (International Project Management Associates), Netherland
Academics: X: 84% ( Rajasthan Board) XII: 78% (Rajasthan Board); Engineering: Malaviya national Institute of Technology, Jaipur (NIT Jaipur) with a CGPA of 8.04; GMAT : 700

Work Ex: Aug 2006 to May 2010 - Larsen & Toubro Limited, Vadodara as a Procurement Engineer in suply Chain management for Oil and Gas EPC Projects. Recently joined at Foster Wheeler, Gurgaon as a Procurement Engineer

Few highlights of my work ex at L&T;

1) Developed korea as a strategic location for critical equipment supply and identified and evaluated some key suppliers in korea. Started with the 2 or 3 small orders valued of 3-5 crores. Released the 5 big value orders in last 1 year. Total value 120 crores.

2) Procurement of Critical static equipment for various big projects executed by L&T.; Negotiated and released more than 30 orders during my association with L&T.; I was also involved in the expediting of the orders and ensured the timely delivery of many long lead items.

3) Developed a strong supplier base in india as well as abroad which helped L&T; to be cost effective during their bid for Projects. L&T; got two high value orders in last quarter (1400 Crs and 2035 Crs) and i handled static equipment worth 200 crs each in both the projects.

5) Regular contact with L&T; logistics, supplier for the coordination of transportation of equipment. very important for the Oversize dimentional consignment (ODC).

6) Recveived ICONS awards at L&T; for Low cost country sourcing. Also i am one of the youngest IPMA level D certified by Project management association, Netherland.

7) Worked for ONGC Dahej Naphtha Cracker Proposal for Static Equipments and finalizing the strategy of sourcing from Indian as well as International vendors. Total value of static equipment was more than $100 Million.

Some key achievements

- Formulated the strategies, worked upon them sincerly and results came very much positive in terms of two biggest projects (Worth more than 3400 crores) L&T; got till date amidst the heavy international competition.
- Dealt with a mandatory supplier (SHELL as a Licensor and Dupont as a supplier, the deathly combination) and saved around USD 6 Million for L&T; after negotations and discussion with the supplier for around 6 months.
- Released the single order worth INR 76 crores for the biggest Reactor and Regenerator package in the india with a saving of more than 20 Crores.
- Ensured the delivery of critical equipment in record time thus ensuring the timely completion of projects.

Extra Curriculars
Procurement Co-coordinator for Domino Doc System, Various SOP Audits (Internal as well as External).
Member of Students Chapter of Society of Automobiles Engineers (SAE)
Executive Member of Mechanical engineering society, MNIT, Jaipur.
Participated in various activities during the Company annual day i.e. Dance, Antakshari, Dumb Charades.
Coordinated various games during L&T; sports day 2007
Awarded runners-up in the Dumb Charades competition organized by L&T; Indradhanush
Got 2nd position in the quiz competition organized by Anurag Cultural Society, Lalsot
Awarded first position in district level General Knowledge examination

POST MBA Goal: establish myself as a Management Consultant in the field of Supply Chain Management with a focus on Purchasing, Logistics, Project Risk management & Process improvement.
Hi

Can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me whether my profile is suitable for W P Carey.

Highlights
Qualified B. Tech (Mechanical) from MNIT, Jaipur with over 48 Months of industry experience in Project Procurement, Expediting, Global Sourcing and Project Management.
Currently associated with Foster Wheeler India Private Limited, Gurgaon as a buyerfor IOCL Paradip Project
Demonstrated communication and relationship management skills with the ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in a cross-cultural environment.
Received ICONS award for Low Cost Country Sourcing of Critical Static Equipment from South Korea
Currently involved in the ordering of Critical R-R Package of IOCL Paradip Refinery and Long Lead items for OMPL MARC Project.
Certified Project Management Associates (IPMA-D Certificate No. D09 2317)byIPMA (International Project Management Associates), Netherland
You definitely have a great profile here. The best part is you have a differentiating career track (i.e. non-IT).

Academics: X: 84% ( Rajasthan Board) XII: 78% (Rajasthan Board); Engineering: Malaviya national Institute of Technology, Jaipur (NIT Jaipur) with a CGPA of 8.04; GMAT : 700

GMAT of 700 doesn't look bad to me considering your job profile.

Work Ex: Aug 2006 to May 2010 - Larsen & Toubro Limited, Vadodara as a Procurement Engineer in suply Chain management for Oil and Gas EPC Projects. Recently joined at Foster Wheeler, Gurgaon as a Procurement Engineer

A definite + to you for having Supply Chain terms (procurement engg)in your profile. You must be aware WP Carey stands 5th in SCM schools in US according to US news.
Few highlights of my work ex at L&T;

1) Developed korea as a strategic location for critical equipment supply and identified and evaluated some key suppliers in korea. Started with the 2 or 3 small orders valued of 3-5 crores. Released the 5 big value orders in last 1 year. Total value 120 crores.

2) Procurement of Critical static equipment for various big projects executed by L&T.; Negotiated and released more than 30 orders during my association with L&T.; I was also involved in the expediting of the orders and ensured the timely delivery of many long lead items.

3) Developed a strong supplier base in india as well as abroad which helped L&T; to be cost effective during their bid for Projects. L&T; got two high value orders in last quarter (1400 Crs and 2035 Crs) and i handled static equipment worth 200 crs each in both the projects.

5) Regular contact with L&T; logistics, supplier for the coordination of transportation of equipment. very important for the Oversize dimentional consignment (ODC).

6) Recveived ICONS awards at L&T; for Low cost country sourcing. Also i am one of the youngest IPMA level D certified by Project management association, Netherland.

7) Worked for ONGC Dahej Naphtha Cracker Proposal for Static Equipments and finalizing the strategy of sourcing from Indian as well as International vendors. Total value of static equipment was more than $100 Million.

Some key achievements

- Formulated the strategies, worked upon them sincerly and results came very much positive in terms of two biggest projects (Worth more than 3400 crores) L&T; got till date amidst the heavy international competition.
- Dealt with a mandatory supplier (SHELL as a Licensor and Dupont as a supplier, the deathly combination) and saved around USD 6 Million for L&T; after negotations and discussion with the supplier for around 6 months.
- Released the single order worth INR 76 crores for the biggest Reactor and Regenerator package in the india with a saving of more than 20 Crores.
- Ensured the delivery of critical equipment in record time thus ensuring the timely completion of projects.

Extra Curriculars
Procurement Co-coordinator for Domino Doc System, Various SOP Audits (Internal as well as External).
Member of Students Chapter of Society of Automobiles Engineers (SAE)
Executive Member of Mechanical engineering society, MNIT, Jaipur.
Participated in various activities during the Company annual day i.e. Dance, Antakshari, Dumb Charades.
Coordinated various games during L&T; sports day 2007
Awarded runners-up in the Dumb Charades competition organized by L&T; Indradhanush
Got 2nd position in the quiz competition organized by Anurag Cultural Society, Lalsot
Awarded first position in district level General Knowledge examination

POST MBA Goal: establish myself as a Management Consultant in the field of Supply Chain Management with a focus on Purchasing, Logistics, Project Risk management & Process improvement.

All in all your profile looks great to me and I can see many reasons for you to apply to this school. Only a small heads up on your post MBA goals: do you want to establish yourself as an independent consultant or you have something else in mind. That might matter because we dont have consulting as a specialization here.

Cheers
Tonedeaf
All in all your profile looks great to me and I can see many reasons for you to apply to this school. Only a small heads up on your post MBA goals: do you want to establish yourself as an independent consultant or you have something else in mind. That might matter because we dont have consulting as a specialization here.
Cheers
Tonedeaf

Thanks for your remarks

I have a strong background in supply chain management. I would like to move in strategy/ operation role in supply chain management field alternatively.

I have heard good opinion about W P Carey from few of my contacts in US.

Can you please shed some more light on the following aspects

1) How difficult is for me to get in to W P Carey??

2) What are the chances of getting a scholarship/ GA and upto what limit??

3) How is the placement scenerio in college for internationals with an experience in SCM??

Thanks a lot in advance
Find my answers in blue:
Thanks for your remarks

I have a strong background in supply chain management. I would like to move in strategy/ operation role in supply chain management field alternatively.

I have heard good opinion about W P Carey from few of my contacts in US.

Can you please shed some more light on the following aspects

1) How difficult is for me to get in to W P Carey??
Very subjective question man. I am no authority to judge that.

2) What are the chances of getting a scholarship/ GA and upto what limit??
Subjective again, but still I would say you have good chances for getting a GA. Limit cant be decided by me. So many factors to consider which are out-of-bound for me.
3) How is the placement scenerio in college for internationals with an experience in SCM??
The scene is very enthusiastic for someone who has an experience in SCM. There are so many great companies coming to campus for SCM. Dell, Boeing, Apple, Motorola (just to name a few) are amongst the frequent visitors to the campus.

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Tonedeaf,

I have 5 years of work ex in telecom sector. I am interested in pursuring my specialization in Strategy Marketing and Services Leadership profile.

Could you please help me with following queries:

1. How Center for Services Leadership help mba students in their curriculum? I went through the links available on website, however, I did not get the clear picture of the way it works and contributes in the specialization.

2. Could you please let me know one unique thing about ASU mba program which differentiates it from other mba schools?

3. Do you have any idea about the post-mba job opportunities available as a Marketing Consultant or a Service Manager in telecom sector?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tonedeaf,

I have 5 years of work ex in telecom sector. I am interested in pursuring my specialization in Strategy Marketing and Services Leadership profile.

Could you please help me with following queries:

1. How Center for Services Leadership help mba students in their curriculum? I went through the links available on website, however, I did not get the clear picture of the way it works and contributes in the specialization.

2. Could you please let me know one unique thing about ASU mba program which differentiates it from other mba schools?

3. Do you have any idea about the post-mba job opportunities available as a Marketing Consultant or a Service Manager in telecom sector?

Thanks in advance.

Please check your PM

Hi,

My profile is 600/103/3 yrs work ex. UG grades- avg.

I am working as a plant operations head in a manufacturing unit handling a team of 350 people. I have a strong profile but I am low on the GMAT. Is it worth applying to carey at this score.
Whats the GMAT range for your batch?

Also, I am worried about the location of the school. Arizona is in the middle of nowhere. So, is it worth applying to Carey MBA? Whats the brand value?

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Hi,

I have got the admit mail. But how do we know about the scholarship information.

Thanks...

Hi arul,
I also received an admit around 10 days back. I also got scholarship + GA. The info came with the email.. did u get schol? will be helpful if more friends pour in ..its a great uni specially for Supply chain .. 😃

For fall 2011 applicants / admits please pour in this forum :
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/arizona-state-wp-carey-mba-anyone-25014943
It will be much better if we get together on one forum instead of 3-4 open forums..cheers !!