Arizona State (W.P. Carey MBA) Anyone ??

319 Posts  ·  76 Users
About this group
Hi All, Do you any of you have an admit from Arizona State University and planning to join W.P. Carey MBA this fall ?? I have decided to join ASU...So any of u in the same boat do respond. Cheers Coolone
Page 1 of 32

Hi,

Any full time MBA 2016 entry candidates for Carey School of Business, around ?

its now or never...!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I am thinking of applying to ASU this year,
Am yet to give GMAT,
close to 4 years of work ex in IT
Is TOEFL a mandate for this school? Even if you medium of education is English?
What kind of score can guarantee you a call from them?

Please help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I just got an admit to Carey. I actually went to undergrad there too. Received a GA. So tuition will be 17k per year. I'm seriously considering it, since its the only accept i've gotten. Problem is though.. that my plan is to move to India and switch to Marketing.. don't think ASU can help much with that...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
mundada.aditya Says
Iseguy... could you throw some light on future career prospects in strategy/marketing in technology if I do my MBA from Carey?

I do not have any first hand information regarding career placement in strategy/marketing at Carey. You should try and get in touch with current students at Carey (preferably Indians to get a better picture). I do not see any distinct advantage of going to Carlson over Carey. Both are good regional schools and have strong placements in their respective 'zones'. It is also worthwhile to check out the Indian alumni base of these schools (a good place to start is LinkedIn). It will give you a good idea of where the Indian junta is headed from these two b-schools.

Best of luck!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Iseguy... could you throw some light on future career prospects in strategy/marketing in technology if I do my MBA from Carey?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Pick Carey over Carlson if funding the MBA is of concern. My $0.02.

Congratulations!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

I have got an admit from ASU with $17000 aid per year. But I am really confused as I also have an admit from Carlson with $10000 aid. But even with the 10K aid, carlson is coming out to be damn costly. I am in a dilemma as to what to choose. Please help!!

Profile:
3yrs work ex: Electronics R&D; - Tejas Networks - telecom product development.
BE in EEE from BITS Pilani. (9.29/10)
Post MBA Goals : Technology management/strategy/consulting. (I am open to marketing as well as I am a career switcher)

How do you guys rate carey in above?

Thanks,
Aditya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi BVelocity,

Me too received an admit.. however no info on the GA/Scho on the admit mail.. Did you get any further updates on your query??

And is there any admissions package that Carey sends out which will have such info??

Any updates will be really helpful..
Thank guys!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi tonedeaf,

I sent u a PM ! please have a look :)

Check your PM !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi BVelocity

You generally get the information about the GA information in the admit letter. But there may be exceptions to this. I would say why dont you call the ad-com committee and ask if you have one.

Thanks,
Tonedeaf

Hi tonedeaf,

I sent u a PM ! please have a look 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...