WES evaluations anyone?

Hi All I have a Bcom with 2nd class from Bombay University (46% :: :(). I got into a US MBA program contingent to WES evaluation that my degree is acceptable as a US Bachelors equivalent. Has anyone done a WES evaluation ever? I would apprec…

Hi All

I have a Bcom with 2nd class from Bombay University (46% :(). I got into a US MBA program contingent to WES evaluation that my degree is acceptable as a US Bachelors equivalent. Has anyone done a WES evaluation ever? I would appreciate any opions about the evaluation and your feedback using the WES site. The website is World Education Services - International Education Intelligence. I'm really really counting on this to come through, thanks in advance.

I did an evaluation preview for 20$ and this is what they said(screenshot attached) but they said they need actual transcripts before they release the official evaluation. The preview was based on the degree I recieved, the university I recieved it from and my passing class/division. Please share your thoughts

Hi All

I have a Bcom with 2nd class from Bombay University (46% :(). I got into a US MBA program contingent to WES evaluation that my degree is acceptable as a US Bachelors equivalent. Has anyone done a WES evaluation ever? I would appreciate any opions about the evaluation and your feedback using the WES site. The website is World Education Services - International Education Intelligence. I'm really really counting on this to come through, thanks in advance.

I did an evaluation preview for 20$ and this is what they said(screenshot attached) but they said they need actual transcripts before they release the official evaluation. The preview was based on the degree I recieved, the university I recieved it from and my passing class/division. Please share your thoughts

hello there Look my dear friend before creatin a new thread
you should try to get or extract some knowledge from existing threads
rather than creating new one. As far as your query is concerned refer
to these links
GMAT and Related Discussions - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2008, GMAT, XAT, IIM
the above mentioned link contains all forums relatin to gmat stuff
and you can post your queries here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-query-centre-25014954
hope this helps
Sillyfool

@mods Please close this thread
P.S. @mods also please consider the new thunderbird thread that is created
rheatoomuch Says
I could not find any relavant information in the links you sent me, Sorry, maybe I am just stupid and not looking correctly. Please help

I am not sure what you wish to know about WES, but I'd my transcripts sent to them for grade conversion. I'd sent em photocopies of my mark-sheets attested by USEFI and it took some a couple of weeks to send back my newly converted CGPA :). Anyway, it wasn't of much use to me as very rarely do U.S universities accept these conversions. However the WES conversion service does give you an approximate idea of your score that will be calculated by the universities you have applied to. Again, I have no way of knowing whether the WES conversion was way off the mark. I just know that it is accepted by a few universities (the university of Washington is one name that comes to my mind).

Also, I didn't bother paying WES for sending transcripts to each university I was applying to. Instead I just slid in a photocopy of their letter into my application packets.

Hope somewhere in this reply you find what you were looking for
cheers!

Thanks wot me worry. my situation is, I was accepted by USD for the MBA program. I need to pay a deposit of 500$ to secure my seat. They said they need WES to evaluate my markseets and say that my Bcom is equivalent to a US Bachelors degree. WES needs individual marksheets for each year. My university has told me that I will recieve my transcripts in 20 DAYS!!!

So the question is, if the preview evaluation says it is equivalent, can I just trust in that, send the deposit and hope for the best? Or has anyone had experiences where the preview evaluation says it is equivalent and then once you pay the 160$, and get the official one it may not be.

I'm hoping that since I graduated from Bombay University and had a 2nd division it will be equivalent.

So the question is, if the preview evaluation says it is equivalent, can I just trust in that, send the deposit and hope for the best? Or has anyone had experiences where the preview evaluation says it is equivalent and then once you pay the 160$, and get the official one it may not be.

hmmm.. interesting. I'd say that if the preview says you are o.k. then you should be fine. Also, if you have each year's marksheet like I did then just get the photocopies attested and sent to WES.

Hi Everyone,
I am planning to do my MBA in USA and for that i have applied to the WES to get my credentials evaluated. WES requires that the transcripts and the marksheets be sent directly to them by the University that I have attended which is University of Mumbai.

I would like to ask to all those of you who have graduated from the Univ of Mumbai and have had WES evaluation done
----Does the Univ of Mumbai charge a fee to process the request for the transcripts and marksheets to be sent to the WES by them ? ( I am pretty sure they do)
----If yes...How much?

I called the WES regarding this and they are clueless and I also emailed the VC of the Univ of Mumbai and haven't heard back from him.
I am not a resident of Mumbai anymore and don't know anybody there who can help me regarding this.
I would appreciate any help I can get in this matter
Thank you in anticipation,
Preeti

Hi All

Hi,

Thanks a lot for starting this thread. I needed some information regarding your post. Did you get the official evaluations done and did it equate to a BE degree in the US. I have 63% on my TYBCOM from Mumbai University and needed to know if that equates to a US equivalent bachelors degree. While doing the preview it asks for Division 1 or Divisin 2 and I am unaware of what division do I classify into. Please help me and let me know if you finally got equated to US degree with 46% at ur BCOM from Mumbai University.

My problem is same as yours pls help me I am looking out for someone who has already done this at the mumbai university............my brother says its not possible in a sealed envelop only they will give attested copies

I did contact Mumbai University for attest copies of all 8 semesters of Engineering. But the problem is that they say, they will attest 1/2/7/8 semesters only. Semesters 3/4/5/6 marksheets were not given by the University of Mumbai so they will not be responsible for attestation. Will this be a problem at WES evaluation. Has anyone from Mumbai University (Engineering branch) gone through this process. Please respond as this is an urgent requirement for Fall 2009 admissions.

Thanks, Mansi.