GMAT Query Centre

1,585 Posts  ·  585 Users
About this group
Well right now I think I am the most depressed person on this earth..Well I have finally decided to take GMAT and apply to top 10 US Bschools.. My GMAT score is 720. Presently,I am working with AMERICAN EXPRESS as a CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIA...
Page 1 of 159
can someone tell me which are the top 20 B-schools in the world for FINANCE.
does someone has any link?

ps: hope its the right place to ask !!

Its hard to clasify schools by rank. But some of the top schools for Finance are:
Wharton,LBS,Chicago,NYU,Stanford,UCLA,Berkely,Kellogg,MIT,Cornell,CMU Tepper,NUS...
You may try rankings of Wall Street Journal to arrive at some other conclusions.But, please take these rankings with a pinch of salt. They dont always portray the right picture.
Also, you may want to visit each schools' website to ascertain whether or not that particular program suits you.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

can someone tell me which are the top 20 B-schools in the world for FINANCE.
does someone has any link?

ps: hope its the right place to ask !!

Hi Pugs,

I had a query regarding GMAT prep. Does it add value for doing OG10 after completing OG11? Will it be repititive? Is it better to put efforts on other material rather then OG10?

I have completed 60% of OG11 and should be done 100% in a week or so.

Thanks.

This depends on how much time are you left with. My personal experience is that they do have questions in common but it definitely qualifies of worth giving it a shot as OG is something which is closest when it comes to difficulty level of actual GMAT. In case you opt for OG10 it won't take much of your time on common questions as you are already done with them.

Hi Pugs,

I had a query regarding GMAT prep. Does it add value for doing OG10 after completing OG11? Will it be repititive? Is it better to put efforts on other material rather then OG10?

I have completed 60% of OG11 and should be done 100% in a week or so.

Thanks.

Hey Puys

I have my GMAT date on 11th August. Last week I scored 690 in 1st test of Powerprep with few silly mistakes in quant. I am expecting my scores somewhere around 720-740 in actual test.

My profile is a B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Roorkee in 2006 with 7.2 GPA and I have been working with an IT firm since last two years. Extra curriculars are not extra ordinary but they do exist.

Can someone guide me for the schools which I should choose to send my GMAT scores to immediately after GMAT(as I have heard that they ask you immediately after the test is over). One would be obviously ISB. I am confused for other 4. PLEASE SUGGEST SOMETHING.

I have heard that NUS Singapore has a cut-off for GMAT score after which they waive your application fees. Is that so and if yes what is that score?

chhavikhurana Says
hey can anyone tell me the colleges that take gmat score in india?

I know one more i.e. S P Jain Mumbai
chhavikhurana Says

ISB, hyderabad (one year mba)

i have 8 yrs of work ex. in bsnl at a clerical post n i m intrested in doing gmat. i will be grateful if guide me through

I gave the crack-the-gmat diagnostic test and scored a mere 580.....Nyways I've started my preperation of quant from OG.but there r still many doubts which still have not been answered mainly with my applicability of giving gmat since I'm in my 3rd yr now and also hv to give my CAT '09......so is there nyone frm chandigarh who went thru the same phase(i.e GMAT during graduation and also CAT) who is willng to talk to me and advise me?

"planning to give my gmat in jan '09"

thank u in advance

anyone there to help (might not be frm chandigarh) need serious advise??