UPSC 2019 Civil Services General Studies Preparations Repository

Join the discussion on UPSC Civil Services Preparations and Get the details about Union Public Service Commission, UPSC CSE, UPSC Mains Exam, Notification, Exam Date, Registration Process, Syllabus, Preparation, Previous Years Paper, Exam Pattern, Mock Test, Admit Card, Result, Cut off, How to Apply Online and much more.

For more information, visit the official website of – upsc.gov.in

Other Important Articles:

UPSC Civil Services Mains 2019 e-Admit Card Released Today

UPSC 2019 Recruitment: Apply for 12 vacancies before 12th September

To keep track of latest discussions on UPSC CSE Exam 2019, stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY.

UPSC CSE Exam 2019: Admit Card, Syllabus, Result

To all my fellow aspirants of UPSC Civil Services, here goes..

This thread, as was desired and decided in the parent Civil Services thread, has been created solely for the purpose of preparing general studies (prelims and mains) exclusively for UPSC Civil Services. Yes this thread will albeit serve the purpose of aspirants of other examinations like RBI Group B, SSC CGLE, Bank PO and similar examinations where general knowledge is included, but it may kindly be noted that general knowledge as is included in general studies surpasses all other exam syllabi, going by the volume and exhaustiveness of the same.

So, we give to ourselves this thread where we can have a dedicated discussion on general studies preparations.

Please post anything and everything you deem fit for GS. Starting from daily news and current affairs or links to the same, any news article you come across which you feel comes under the purview of GS, any question any doubt any material related to the subtopics under GS including Indian Polity, Geography, History, Economy, Science, Statistics and literally any other topic you feel necessary.

Please make it a point to realize that this is a very important thread to all the serious aspirants out there, and hence please be responsible before posting any undesirable material. Please be decent while posting, do not use any harsh words or anything, and conflicts, if any, may please be resolved decently, in a way worthy of a gentleman going in for UPSC. If any deviation is observed, be advised that such posts will be reported for reprimand.

So guys, let us start our journey for UPSC. If not this year, then surely the next, but let us make sure that we make it through.

Lets roll fellas..

UPSC--> be advised, some very pagal guys are coming your way.. brace !!!

:) 😃 😃

Excellent this! Am looking at civil services in a while. Gonna achieve that before i strike 30. 😃 Hello people!

Subject : Chemistry

Q.Which one of the following is the correct descending order of elements with respect to their average percentage by mass in the human body?

a) Oxygen,carbon,hydrogen,nitrogen,calcium

b) Carbon,oxygen,hydrogen,,calcium,nitrogen

c) Carbon,oxygen,calcium,hydrogen,nitrogen

d) Oxygen,carbon,calcium,hydrogen,nitrogen

OA and OE will be posted when thread gets much more lively

Excellent man! Even I am looking for GS for I.E.S.

Will be regular on thread

@ all: follow the format of posting question to make it easy to go through all the posts as CSAT paper 1 contains too many topics:

Subject:

Q:

@TONYMBA
a
@evanescent-song
thnx i am also looking for GS thread on pagalguy.

It might take a little time to get started on a full fledged note, since other aspirants would start joining as the news spreads. After that we hopefully we will take a much better stance on our preparations. Let us discussions get more lively.

Thanks.

@TONYMBA said:
Subject : ChemistryQ.Which one of the following is the correct descending order of elements with respect to their average percentage by mass in the human body?a) Oxygen,carbon,hydrogen,nitrogen,calciumb) Carbon,oxygen,hydrogen,,calcium,nitrogenc) Carbon,oxygen,calcium,hydrogen,nitrogend) Oxygen,carbon,calcium,hydrogen,nitrogenOA and OE will be posted when thread gets much more lively
c?
@y2snew said:
@TONYMBAa
@Keys said:
c?
@TONYMBA said:
Subject : ChemistryQ.Which one of the following is the correct descending order of elements with respect to their average percentage by mass in the human body?a) Oxygen,carbon,hydrogen,nitrogen,calciumb) Carbon,oxygen,hydrogen,,calcium,nitrogenc) Carbon,oxygen,calcium,hydrogen,nitrogend) Oxygen,carbon,calcium,hydrogen,nitrogenOA and OE will be posted when thread gets much more lively
OA : a)

OE: The composition of the human body varies slightly from person to person but the average percentage by mass of the elements in the human body is oxygen (65%) , carbon (18%) , hydrogen (10%) , nitrogen (3%) and calcium (2%) , phosphorus (1%) , potassium (0.35%) , sulphur (0.25%) , sodium (0.15%) . besides these,there are also traces of chlorine,magnesium,iron,iodine,fluorine,copper,silicon,etc. present.
@Keys
No bro.
60% mass of human body is Oxygen so c is not possible.
@TONYMBA
ya 60% to 65%

Hello @evanescent-song sir
Let us also decide a plan and daily schedule for the thread and divide it among the members .
My first suggestion is that we introduce ourself so that we get to know each other better :)

I am Abhishek Anand
22 years old
Doing MBA from National Insurance Academy Pune (1st year)
UPSC is my childhood dream :)

@anand1212 said:
Hello @evanescent-song sirLet us also decide a plan and daily schedule for the thread and divide it among the members .My first suggestion is that we introduce ourself so that we get to know each other better I am Abhishek Anand 22 years old Doing MBA from National Insurance Academy Pune (1st year) UPSC is my childhood dream
Hey first of all get rid of calling anyone sir around here.. 😃 we are all in the same boat trying to get to the destination. All puys are equals

And yes I do agree that some daily schedule is indeed required for the effective functioning of this thread. Please wait for a couple of days, let people start joining in, and then we will indeed have an initial discussion so as to establish a code of conduct for maintaining the utility of the thread.

Cheers.

lets start with Indian polity

hi all, count me in too.

targetting 2013.
engg. background.

yes, lets begin with polity group study.

targeting 2013.. Polity is good to begin with...

hey frens..i wanna know..wen can we apply for CSAT..i mean ..form kab tak aayega..???

@Sidgopi @amisingh
i have lakshmikant polity, lets start topicwise