UCal - Berkeley (Haas) 2007 Interviews and Beyond

Iā€™m a R1 applicant to the Haas school. Still waiting for an interview invite. Profile: 740 / 118 / 4yrs IT Fellow applicants, any updates ? admissions411.com shows two interview invites out already.

I'm a R1 applicant to the Haas school. Still waiting for an interview invite.

Profile: 740 / 118 / 4yrs IT

Fellow applicants, any updates ? admissions411.com shows two interview invites out already.

Boss what is the Actual cost that has to be incurred by us and can u please pm the details where we can find the rankings of various universities that take GMAT for MBA

thank krishna

NOTE PM me please

IS there any specific reason for u GROANING at me

seems like u r new to PG

first of all try to understand when to graon and when not to

TinMan Says
IS there any specific reason for u GROANING at me

Kindly post responses pertaining to the subject of the thread ! Your post below had nothing to do with what is the intended purpose of this thread.

Boss what is the Actual cost that has to be incurred by us and can u please pm the details where we can find the rankings of various universities that take GMAT for MBA

thank krishna

NOTE PM me please

Would advise you to stop cluttering threads, and post such generic queries at http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956

Hope this helps.

I am also Haas R2 Applicant.....

bizTechie Says
Fellow applicants, any updates ? admissions411.com shows two interview invites out already.

They show more invites now.
tehcalvin Says
They show more invites now.

Yep,Berkeley adCom sent out a "Happy holidays" email with info that they have sent out a few interview invites, and that they will continue to send out more right through January .... lets keep our fingers crossed for now šŸ˜ƒ

I am round two applicant.
My profile:

GMAT: 730
Toefl ibt: 107
Work ex: 4 (IT)
Can anyone put some light on how much important is the Haas visit? I am in India and will be visiting east coast for a business visit in mid jan. I am not sure whether I will get a chance to visit Hass on a week day, but I plan to visit on a weekend. Will visiting Haas on weekend make a difference in my chances?
-Utkarsh

uguleri Says
Can anyone put some light on how much important is the Haas visit? I am in India and will be visiting east coast for a business visit in mid jan. I am not sure whether I will get a chance to visit Hass on a week day, but I plan to visit on a weekend. Will visiting Haas on weekend make a difference in my chances?

Haas wants to know how much you've researched on the school. It's not just visits, but talking to Alumni / Faculty, etc all that counts here.

The main thing is -- you should try to convince the AdCom that you have done enough research on the school before applying there.

Does visiting on a weekend mean you won't be able to talk to students there? Probably not much use in my opinion. It's for your own good to talk to students there if you're applying there.

Thanks for reply Teh Calvin...I do not know whether i will be able to interact with students. But i will try to make it on a weekend on which some even is scheduled.

-Utkarsh

uguleri Says
Thanks for reply Teh Calvin...I do not know whether i will be able to interact with students. But i will try to make it on a weekend on which some even is scheduled.

Sounds good. If it's an admission-related event, all the better. šŸ˜ƒ

Calvin : Are you a round one applicant? Will you share your profile?

uguleri Says
Calvin : Are you a round one applicant? Will you share your profile?

Yes, Round 1 applicant.

730 / 3.5 yrs (will be 4 yrs mid-2007) / IT & Product Dev
Yes, Round 1 applicant.

730 / 3.5 yrs (will be 4 yrs mid-2007) / IT & Product Dev

any feedback from adcom till yet?
uguleri Says
any feedback from adcom till yet?

You mean something like "We like you. Please try again next year." types? :)

No, not yet.

:)..what all colleges have u applied to?

You mean something like "We like you. Please try again next year." types? :)

No, not yet.

Round 2 applicant here. Haas is my #1 choice.

gop1 Says
Round 2 applicant here. Haas is my #1 choice.

Interesting. What are your reasons / thoughts behind choosing it as your #1 ?

I rarely find people in forums for whom Haas is #1 choice. Hence, curious.

Shall I share my goals essay ;)

location and the chance to cooperate with engineering school